Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WELCOME, João Gomes!!!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like this will drag on
With the club wanting more money after Lyon gazumping us and the lad wanting to come here
If its true he has told Lyon to do one then Flamengo have to reopen talks with us surely
Maybe an extra million will sweeten the deal,but i hate dealing with these two faced teams,shame for the lad though

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When they come grovelling back to us we should reduce our offer by £1m

fleck1

Reaction score
Seems like a young lad with some principles, that are often lacking in football nowadays.

If he rides this out and forces through the move he'd already agreed to, he'll be a club legend before the inks dry.

Reaction score
Nah no room for petulance, just get it done.

That means more negotiating.

Just yes thank you sign the ****ing paperwork get him on a plane
Agreed... As long as the Flamengo chairman is made to wear a bright pink baby doll nightdress and 16 inch ruby stilettos when handing the paperwork over, I'm fine with that.

... Although, reading that back, I'm not sure what that says about me?

Last edited:

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FLAMENGO: Not wanting to wish ill luck on anyone, except for these NO MARK, HEAD THE BALLS!!
'Pretty Flamingoes' (Manfred Mann) , they certainly are NOT!

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Agreed... As long as the Flamenco chairman is made to wear a bright pink baby doll nightdress and 16 inch ruby stilettos when handing the paperwork over, I'm fine with that.

... Although, reading that back, I'm not sure what that says about me?
I think what is says about you is how do you know the Flamenco football clubs chairman on such a personal level to know his day wear?!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s up in the air if we get him to be honest which is a shame for the lad as he clearly wanted to come and he is clearly a talent.

What Flamenco get left with though is a disheartened player if they don’t pick up the phone. I can’t praise a 21yr old highly enough turning down a club like Lyon if he doesn't fancy it. Most players of that age normally get pushed around by agents and club CEO’s. Wherever he ends up a player I hadn’t heard of a week ago will now have me following his career with interest.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, we need to hit them where it hurts most, leave them a really bad review on Trustpilot
Think that's going to far now, yes they have been ****s but are we really going to sink as low as leaving them a bad review? ;)

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
I hope I’m wrong but somehow I don’t think the lad is coming. Wolves aren’t going to be messed around for too much longer I suspect?

Time to move on to the next target!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have been used from the beginning.
If John Textor is really a good friend of the Flamengo Chairman and he also owns a club in Brazil, he would have known about Gomes and would have been in there first, if he was interested. He probably tried to get him much cheaper. We have shown he was worth more. Then Textor comes back and buys at the price Flamengo always wanted.
If Textor is a really good friend of the Flamengo owner, why would he need to gazump our offer? Surely matching it would be enough for a really good friend?

This is all very dramatic in my opinion. I feel Lyon are being used (possibly knowingly) to encourage a matching of their bid, or even a gazumping.

With the player not willing to sign for the French club, Wolves become the failsafe, but with the hope of improved bids in the meantime.

If no bids, I guess he'll come.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Textor is a really good friend of the Flamengo owner, why would he need to gazump our offer? Surely matching it would be enough for a really good friend?

This is all very dramatic in my opinion. I feel Lyon are being used (possibly knowingly) to encourage a matching of their bid, or even a gazumping.

With the player not willing to sign for the French club, Wolves become the failsafe, but with the hope of improved bids in the meantime.

If no bids, I guess he'll come.
Possibly, but then Flamengo has to worry about us moving on and being stuck with the player that they clearly want to make profit on right now.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time to despatch another task force to the South Atlantic I think. Has Brazil got a junta?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Vickery:

Gomes prefers Wolves over Lyon'​

South American football expert Tim Vickery on Flamengo midfielder Joao Gomes, who is wanted by Wolves and Lyon:
"There’s a Brazilian connection with Lyon because they’re part-owned by John Textor, who has a stake in Botafogo, in Rio, as well as in Crystal Palace.
"As I understand it, the Lyon deal would offer Flamengo a little bit more money. But Joao Gomes wants the Premier League.
"Flamengo were delighted when Wolves came in. Gomes is 21 and there’s always that fear that, if they reach the 22 mark, the transfer value starts to fall if they are still in South America.
"Flamengo have just signed an expensive player for his position so I think they’re willing to sell. Flamengo will be even happier if he accepts Lyon, but I think the fact he wants to go to Wolves probably puts them still in pole position."

Back
Top Bottom