Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves Vs Fulham

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 7
+1 pen save but was shakey again

Jonny 6
He wasn't bad but you still saw his lack of athleticism now. Doesn't offer anything in attack. Semedo looked sharp and fit.

Collins 7
Absolutely no threat to deal with but good ball progression,one ropey moment but tbf Neves belted the ball at his chest

Kilman 8
Imperious, such an easy afternoon. ****ed all over Mitrovic

RAN 5
Didn't offer anything going forward and another dopey decision in the box. Got to ride with him though, going to happen.

Neves 5
Whilst he wasn't terrible I doc him a point for us dominating the ball and our "deep lying playmaker" creating the square root of **** all. His stats will probably look good, but impact none existent. Good clearance for their header from corner but think Sa had it covered anyway. Kept getting caught in possession when pressed again.

Donk 8
Great display, won loads of ball and covered up some sloppiness of others.

Neto 5
Poor, awful touch else he had an open goal and just head down dribbling with no end product.

MGW 6
Played well in spells but he loses a point for missing a sitter

Hwang 6
Wasn't a sitter he missed but he was ineffectual after starting so well.

Podence 5
Didn't get on ball and his weight of passing when he did was woeful

Guedes 5
Didn't do a single thing I remember

Semedo 7
Looked really lively and injection of tempo. Must start, our best fullback.

Traore 5
Barely did anything even in limited time.

2nd half dire after decent first need a
focal point up top with some pace.

Midfield needs a ball progresser who can resist being closed down without going backwards

There are some good signs but we move ball too slowly still and can't get any progression through the middle of the park.
I agree with most of what you say. However, Guedes was only on for about 30 minutes and Adama 15. Neither was given any service in fact I think Adama received one pass.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To think we could have got £30 for MGW - he should be fined a weeks wages for each ridiculous backheel resulting in Fulham charging up the pitch. A further fine for missing a sitter !

NEVER EVER will be Premiership material !
That's the spirit!

Posted before that as a fellow Staffordian be great to see him succeed and be the first player from my home town to perform for the team I've supported for over 60 years, but just can't see it happening, too many negative vibes about him, so would reluctanctly sell and re-invest the fee in some player from Portugal.

Rugrats

Reaction score
Some people can't wait to pile on. Contributed more then Neto and Neves to creating stuff.
Contributed how ?

Stupid flicks which never come off so losing possession each time, could have easily been punished as a result today, missed a sitter, could easily have got a Red (they were the highlights)- he found his level last year. If we were offered £30m and refused it, someone needs a checkup from the neckup ! Neto is light years ahead of MGW in terms of ability.

Sure Neves is not going to be able to dine out on 30 yard screamers for much longer as the last one is a distant memory but MGW is not a premiership player by a long long way.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Agree with a lot but not all there. Where I differ…

Traore did sweet fa. The sooner he leaves the better.

Guedes looked lively and showed a bit of leadership up front.

RAN can’t keep making these mistakes at the back and hold his place. Cost us points last week and but for Sa would have done again today.

The MGW miss wasn’t an easy opportunity. He was reaching and sliding so hit it with the wrong part of his foot. If he planted his foot to make the shot, likely he’d have knackered his ankle and that would have been worse. So I wouldn’t deduct a point for that.

Neto I wouldn’t either since it was his pressure which made the chance. Fair enough for Podence losing a point for his shot at it.

Think a bit harsh on Neves. Without Moutinho next to him, he’s got way too much to do in midfield. Understand the criticism but just think he’s unable to do his thing without a better midfield partner.
Donk was better than him tbh, more interceptions, less fouls, much higher passing accuracy.

Given Donk is in the team to win ball back and give it in the role he played today it is up to Neves to create.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last 20 minutes was just such a poor poor advertisement for PL football we will never win any new fans with that, but also the refereeing, amount of time the ball was not in play, play acting.

Really really abysmal and of late Wolves games are the low point of every weekend, as all of these factors seem to be repeated to a degree week in week out.

On the pitch we had no shape and no apparent game plan. Very concerning.

L78

Reaction score
Well thats our first two games of the season gone against 2 relegation candidates whose next

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m so sick of what they’ve done to football.

Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Sub. Sub. Stop. Start. Drinks. Sub. Sub. Stop. Start.

They have turned the best product in the world into an absolute borefest.

5 subs has turned into an excuse to kill momentum in the game. Imagine my shock.

What’s going through the referees head? Is his brief to create a game that doesn’t flow?

How can a player just sit down and demand play to be stopped?

Someone explain to me how MGW gets the same punishment as Mitrovic? So MGW gets a booking for pushing heads together, the same as Mitrovic, who seemingly doesn’t get punished for the kick or the same headbutt offence?

It’s absolutely bonkers how poor these mugs are.

The game? Bruno can moan about wanting more players, but I’m not sure he’s getting anywhere near enough out of the ones he’s got right now.

Fortunate not to lose, bar the odd moment and Sa saving the pen. The next 5 games are massive for Bruno. I want to see progress.
Absolutely right. Ref must be thinking, "This game's utter garbage, I'll improve it by booking any player who puts in a challenge, and stop any quick free kicks."

I'm leaning towards "You have to score a goal to earn any points". Would've at least put some impetus on the last 20 minutes of that total borefest.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I agree with most of what you say. However, Guedes was only on for about 30 minutes and Adama 15. Neither was given any service in fact I think Adama received one pass.
Yeah i thought Guedes would offer more back to goal but he is much smaller than I realised. Seems really samey to what we have which is my worry. Obviously not writing him off or anything and he starts next week even if we get a forward in.

Neto
Other
Guedes

MGW

Neves
Other

RAN
Collinsman
Semedo

Perhaps?

Reactions: Ned
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

How can 5 subs be used to delay the game more? Absolute text book case of moan arsing without the facts

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No focal point again severely hurting us, Hwang and Guedes clearly can't play with their backs to goal, so it's unfair to judge them on this. Just desperately lacking a centre forward right now. Ait-Nouri again with a poor performance, and arguably at fault for all three goals/penalties so far this season, so I'd go with Semedo and Jonny next week as we continue to adjust to playing in a new system.

Sa - 8 - Excellent save from the penalty, had one scary moment off a corner but otherwise a much better performance than last week.
Jonny - 6 - I still don't feel it's up to Jonny's usual standards, but he really tried to contribute in an attacking sense.
Collins - 7 - Felt he was solid throughout, good on the ball, commanding.
Kilman - 7 - Same as Collins, just very assured. The one big plus out of this game, is both centre backs did play well against a bully like Mitrovic who had a very quiet game.
Ait-Nouri - 3 - Half-hearted in tackles, gives the ball away far too much, at fault for another penalty. Needs dropping next week.
Neves - 7 - Got stuck in more than usual I felt even in spite of his ridiculous yellow card.
Dendoncker - 6 - Can't fault his effort today, but we need an upgrade next to Neves badly. Dendoncker is just cumbersome.
Neto - 6 - Not sure how he didn't score today from two massive chances, so disappointed in that sense, but he kept trying.
Podence - 5 - Gives the ball away a lot, doesn't show himself for passes when teammates are in trouble. Poor.
MGW - 6 - Fully committed today, especially worked tirelessly to support Jonny. The flicks and tricks just aren't coming off at the moment. I want to see him start as the #10, rather than having him stuck out wide. If he's central he's doing more damage, and surely can't be any worse than Podence was today.
Hwang - 5 - Very quiet today, and the one big chance he did have, he made a bit of a mess of it.

Guedes - I think he's best on the left cutting onto his right, so I don't want to judge his performance playing as the #9, but it's yet another reminder of how badly we need to get a centre forward in.
Traore - Barely touched the ball, but did put a couple of tackles in which is good to see, he can't go walk about in this system.

I would drop both Podence and Ait-Nouri next week for Semedo and Guedes. Ideally we either sign a striker or Jimenez is back next week, because other wise it's going to be painful to watch again.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah i thought Guedes would offer more back to goal but he is much smaller than I realised. Seems really samey to what we have which is my worry. Obviously not writing him off or anything and he starts next week even if we get a forward in.

Neto
Other
Guedes

MGW

Neves
Other

RAN
Collinsman
Semedo

Perhaps?
I know Jonny wasn't at his best but I replace RAN with him. Just IMHO.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m so sick of what they’ve done to football.

Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Sub. Sub. Stop. Start. Drinks. Sub. Sub. Stop. Start.

They have turned the best product in the world into an absolute borefest.

5 subs has turned into an excuse to kill momentum in the game. Imagine my shock.

What’s going through the referees head? Is his brief to create a game that doesn’t flow?

How can a player just sit down and demand play to be stopped?

Someone explain to me how MGW gets the same punishment as Mitrovic? So MGW gets a booking for pushing heads together, the same as Mitrovic, who seemingly doesn’t get punished for the kick or the same headbutt offence?

It’s absolutely bonkers how poor these mugs are.

The game? Bruno can moan about wanting more players, but I’m not sure he’s getting anywhere near enough out of the ones he’s got right now.

Fortunate not to lose, bar the odd moment and Sa saving the pen. The next 5 games are massive for Bruno. I want to see progress.
Brilliant post. I commented that the 5 subs has ruined the game and God they truly have.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I know Jonny wasn't at his best but I replace RAN with him. Just IMHO.
Just done for physically for me. He's been back fully training for going on 6 months now I think? Can't see how he gets the sharpness and power back.

You can also see he knows it, used to be constantly up and down but he sits now. When RAN gave MGW big chance he was still basically in out half I think. How often was he in the box in situations like that in the past.

Defensively he will make less errors than RAN but even in a poor game RAN should have had an assist.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should of won that by a distance we had 4-5 guilt edge chances which we should of buried. Jimenez would of scored most of the chances today atm we screaming for natural striker.

I thought overall we were decent played some good football but did try to over complicate things.

Collins and Kilman were immense especially Collins who had Mitrovic in his pocket all game he looks very impressive definitely gonna be top drawer he has a very high ceiling.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
In a word, frustrating. Felt like deja vu from last season I never really believe we would score. Missed some gilt edged chances though. Podence and MGW tried, but the flicks resulting in us losing the ball were beginning to grate on me in the end. Referee absolutely awful, lost a grip of the game towards the end, didn't add on enough time in injury time for further delays and seemed happy to book our players but unwilling to book their players for similar fouls. In the last 10 mins Fulham were reaching Brentford levels of time wasting. Was happy Traore came on but I can't even remember him touching the ball, we couldn't get him free. That was frustrating too. At least we got a point though.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too hot for football.

I'm not his No1 fan but I thought Dendoncker was our best player.
I've been quite pleased with MGW over the two games. Can't really fault his application, and he needs minutes to iron out the excessive flicks.
Playing Neto, Hwang, Podence and MGW together is frankly absurd.
Sa still a bit erratic but at the critical moment did his job.
Thought Collins did ok and Kilman, but havent yet faced a decent forward line. We will know better after the Spurs game.
Semedo looked lively when he came on and is a certain start when Bruno thinks he's ready.
Mr 70 minutes showed again why people on here are deluded to think he's worth a big pile of money at he moment, with his lumberjack impression. But having said that he does have great potential and like MGW needs the minutes.

Nine games without a win is not good enough for any Manager. He can only work with what he has but seems clueless with regard to changes going forward.

Can only hope that Guo and Mendes presence is for positive reasons.

If Traore is fit he needs to play. Its desperate already.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No focal point again severely hurting us, Hwang and Guedes clearly can't play with their backs to goal, so it's unfair to judge them on this. Just desperately lacking a centre forward right now. Ait-Nouri again with a poor performance, and arguably at fault for all three goals/penalties so far this season, so I'd go with Semedo and Jonny next week as we continue to adjust to playing in a new system.

Sa - 8 - Excellent save from the penalty, had one scary moment off a corner but otherwise a much better performance than last week.
Jonny - 6 - I still don't feel it's up to Jonny's usual standards, but he really tried to contribute in an attacking sense.
Kilman - 7 - Same as Collins, just very assured. The one big plus out of this game, is both centre backs did play well against a bully like Mitrovic who had a very quiet game.
Ait-Nouri - 3 - Half-hearted in tackles, gives the ball away far too much, at fault for another penalty. Needs dropping next week.
Neves - 7 - Got stuck in more than usual I felt even in spite of his ridiculous yellow card.
Dendoncker - 6 - Can't fault his effort today, but we need an upgrade next to Neves badly. Dendoncker is just cumbersome.
Neto - 6 - Not sure how he didn't score today from two massive chances, so disappointed in that sense, but he kept trying.
Podence - 5 - Gives the ball away a lot, doesn't show himself for passes when teammates are in trouble. Poor.
MGW - 6 - Fully committed today, especially worked tirelessly to support Jonny. The flicks and tricks just aren't coming off at the moment. I want to see him start as the #10, rather than having him stuck out wide. If he's central he's doing more damage, and surely can't be any worse than Podence was today.
Hwang - 5 - Very quiet today, and the one big chance he did have, he made a bit of a mess of it.

Guedes - I think he's best on the left cutting onto his right, so I don't want to judge his performance playing as the #9, but it's yet another reminder of how badly we need to get a centre forward in.
Traore - Barely touched the ball, but did put a couple of tackles in which is good to see, he can't go walk about in this system.

I would drop both Podence and Ait-Nouri next week for Semedo and Guedes. Ideally we either sign a striker or Jimenez is back next week, because other wise it's going to be painful to watch again.
Much better appraisal of MGW.
Both he and Ait Nouri need senior players around them to help them develop.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Throwing points away by not finishing decent moves off sadly. Neto, Podence, MGW all extremely talented but are all being a bit luxury at the moment, in terms of not getting into the games enough. Neto and Podence especially, as MGW is always tracking back to support in fairness to him.

It'll come but it's gonna get worse before it gets better with Spurs up next.

T

TheConcourse

Brilliant post. I commented that the 5 subs has ruined the game and God they truly have.
Exactly. They’ve only enabled them in 3 blocks, but it’s still taking more time out of the game.

Even with 7 minutes of stoppage time it’s so easy to create breaks in play.

Again, we’re responsible for the outcome and we’ve got to be accountable. The same game saw us bring Guedes on and stick him out on the wing.

So frustrating.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moments of quality, flattered to deceive though overall.
Still 2/3 players away from being a quality side.
Semedo looked a breath of fresh air when he came on, as did Guedes.. but too little time for both.

Kilman, MGW, Collins, Sa, Neves and Donk did decent.

The rest below par. Especially Podence and Jonny.

Can’t see where the next win is coming from.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just done for physically for me. He's been back fully training for going on 6 months now I think? Can't see how he gets the sharpness and power back.

You can also see he knows it, used to be constantly up and down but he sits now. When RAN gave MGW big chance he was still basically in out half I think. How often was he in the box in situations like that in the past.

Defensively he will make less errors than RAN but even in a poor game RAN should have had an assist.
Your last paragraph sums it up completely.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much better appraisal of MGW.
Both he and Ait Nouri need senior players around them to help them develop.
I agree, and FWIW, I'm not writing off Ait-Nouri, but while we are still adapting to the different patterns of play in a back four, and we're making more errors than usual, you can't have a defensive liability like that, especially when you could argue he's been at fault for three goals/penalties in a row to start the season.

I know there is the argument that dropping him would hurt his confidence, but at the same time, it's the Fabio Silva conundrum, continuing to start him didn't help his game or his confidence at all. At times, RAN is a luxury, and is capable of fantastic things going forward, but right now we cannot afford that luxury when it comes at the cost of one (or two) game changing errors.

Jonny on the left where he's more comfortable and a nightmare for inverted wingers, and Semedo on the right, who looked refreshed when he came on today and should help us in an attacking sense next week.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You dont change the way your team plays by retaining the same midfield. should have been an overhaul and neves is included in that. too tidy and too safe
I agree in the main, although of the players we have Neves should be the last to be replaced. There is always room for a player of his ability. Imo where we have gone wrong is retaining Moutinho. This is definitely one season too far for the old midfield pairing imo.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just very disappointing again all the same issues that have been said over and over again from last season, main one about not scoring goals which will get us relegated. RAN awful today, doesn’t look as good in a four as a five, Jonny looks not half the player as he was pre injury. Funny really how the enlightened on here said we had too many full backs/wing backs now we look short of quality, Marcel would have been a better option today. So many issues, with that position, midfield, no strikers and lack of goals, additionally add in lack of creativity, clinical finishing and physicality. It’s a meh from me, maybe only positives Kilman, Collins (obviously Sa with the penalty save) & Neves.
Ref chronic, 7 minutes of what in the end? No play?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good summary and agree on the needs/changes.

Reaction score
Had our starting 11 actually been introduced to one another before the match began because they didn’t play as if they had. Poor match we didn’t deserve to lose but we certainly didn’t deserve to win it either - that’s certainly 2 points dropped today.
For me a major part of the problem is Bruno Large the talent is there in a lot of those players but he doesn’t seem to be able to drag it out of them and what use is waiting until the 78 min to make 2 out of our 3 subs - pointless. He may be good as a number 2 but as a head coach - no not for me.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Just very disappointing again all the same issues that have been said over and over again from last season, main one about not scoring goals which will get us relegated. RAN awful today, doesn’t look as good in a four as a five, Jonny looks not half the player as he was pre injury. Funny really how the enlightened on here said we had too many full backs/wing backs now we look short of quality, Marcel would have been a better option today. So many issues, with that position, midfield, no strikers and lack of goals, additionally add in lack of creativity, clinical finishing and physicality. It’s a meh from me, maybe only positives Kilman, Collins (obviously Sa with the penalty save) & Neves.
Ref chronic, 7 minutes of what in the end? No play?
I can't fathom how Marcal helps us even slightly today? Didn't he give away at least one penalty last year as well rugby tackling a Brentford player. He did ok for us but hardly the picture of calm and composure was he.

RAN just made a few rough errors, he's still by far our best left back and Jonny would be absolutely slaughtered physically by Son/Richarlison.

Back
Top Bottom