Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves Vs Fulham

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough watch that but a point on the board and that could be priceless come May.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No interplay whatsoever
Only ones who try are MGW and podence but nothing came off for either.
Neto has do to more than just head down and run if he is to progress
Kilman MOTM but overall uninspiring

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
P9 W0

Not a good statistic and not a good start to the season.

Should have scored 3/4 but also probably didn't deserve to score win.

Ref shambolic.

I'm not calling for Bruno to be sacked but he's not doing well enough. If money truly is coming in to the club, I have severe reservations about the way we we will continue to play.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could of gone either way in the end
Huge miss by mgw. Important save by Sa.
At leadt we are off the mark
Hopefully Bruno gets the players he wants in the next couple of weeks

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is a very poor start of the season for us.
Both Leeds and Fulham is low quality teams..and we have managed to get one point from them.
I don´t know what it says about our team really...but for sure it ain´t looking good.
RAN very very clumpsy giving a stonewall pen away.
Sa MOTM for us on that save from Mitrovic.

I cannot recall a single attempt on goal the whole second half.

I fear for us this season,I really do.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With a quality striker on the pitch we may have done better. Lets hope that's the end of the mistakes from RAN.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disjointed game. I'm surprised that the ref didn't ask for another drinks break in the 97th minute.

Reaction score
Ait nouri is a bit exposed in a 4. Nothing against the lad but his decision making needs to improve.

all 4 in attack are struggling to create chances in that game, perhaps credit to Fulham but we looked bang average and not fluent to the new system.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some nice football in the first half, but a bit safe. We need a bit more oomph. Early misses cost us in the end.

The second half was nothing. Apart from the penalty there wasn't much happening in front of either goal. Both teams could be playing all night and not score. I'll be kind and put it down to the heat.

Collins and Kilman looked safe. That's a good pairing to build on.

A point on the board and back to playing football at Molineux.

The man of the match for me was Neves. God knows what we would do if he gets sold or injured.

Now let's get some more players in.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half we were decent.

Second half we were ****, really ****.

Guedes had to come on but it should have been for Podence, Hwang was at least occupying the CF position and making the defenders defend. As soon as that change happened we lost our way.

As it stands, unless the opponents hand us something on a plate or we play the perfect move, we have no chance of scoring a goal.

Last seasons form apparently resets according to some on here - looks to me we’ve carried it on like a hangover.

Positives? Donk and MGW first half. Semedo looked decent when he came on.

Negatives? Everything else.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The football we’re playing is much better than last season, we just aren’t clinical at the still.

We also lack control in a 4-2-3-1, some lovely interplay up top but leaves too much for Neves and Dendoncker to do at times.

Don’t quite know how I feel after that, positive with our change in style but frustrated that it’s ultimately a similar story to last season still.

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the heat sapped the energy from the game second half for both sides which made it more disjointed too to be fair.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could(and probably will) sign another 3-4, but I personally wouldn't back this manager to get the best out of them.

Soulless football and I think his future could hinge on the Newcastle game.
I have that strong suspicion too. And I don't think it's particularly harsh on him either. Not many managers without a huge amount of credit in the bank survive a run like ours.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I've had to watch on TV in Vegas with @USA Wolf so can only comment from a TV view. Frankly we don't know how to attack, we know how to get to the final third but after that it's massively over played. But then I guess having a lot of providers and no finishers that's to be expected.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought the second half, in particular, we were dreadful. Created the better chances in the game overall but we just don’t look like scoring, again.

1 point out of Fulham and Leeds shows where our level is imo, and it will be a difficult season for us without further significant additions.

Sa - 7 - A bit flappy again but saved us a point

Jonny - 5 - Really poor going forward
RAN - 4 - Really poor again from RAN
Kilman - 6 - Did ok
Collins - 6 - Looks a bit clumsy to me, but did ok

Neves - 6 - Did ok, awful free kick attempt
Donck - 6 - Did ok

MGW - 6 - Trying to do too much imo, should have scored
Podence - 5 - Really poor I thought
Neto - 6 - Trying to do too much imo, should have scored
Hwang - 5 - First half chance aside, I can’t remember anything he did

Guedes - 6 - Struggled to get into the game
Adama, Semedo n/a

Reactions: Ian

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are the goals going to come from? It's alright having nice technical players in the frontline but the likes of Neto, Hwang, MGW and Podence just aren't going to get us the goal contributions that we need over the course of a 38 game season.

Would take 17th now to be honest, Bruno's time may be numbered when you consider our overall PL form.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what 'Bruno-ball' is any more. Nothing like the 3 performances at the start of last season or even like Leeds last week.
The 2 CHs very deep in the 1st half, almost like Coady was still there. RAN seemingly under instructions to stay in his own half. Nothing coming off for Podence or MGW, Guedes looking a bit lost. Midfield busy but unproductive. Where do we go from here....?

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A point so we’re off the mark but it’s got to improve greatly. What concerns me is Lage. Where is the attacking football he wanted to play? We have some good attacking players such as Neto, Adama, Podence and Guedes yet we are so boring to watch. I might get pelters for it but if Forest are willing to pay 30 million for MGW I suggest we take it and invest it in another, better player. I’ve never been a fan of RAN and never understood the fuss surrounding him and today he again nearly cost us a point. All that aside by far the biggest worry is Bruno. We’ve bought Guedes, Podence is having a stinker so he brings Neto off and puts our new man out on the wing and plays Podence through the middle. Maybe as the season progresses Bruno’s style will emerge but so far I just don’t know what the tactics are or if there is indeed even a game plan??

Back
Top Bottom