Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict: Wolves Vs Fulham

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could have been a lot worse with them missing a pen but we have to be winning these games at home and the lack of strikers has cost us today and against Leeds which is hugely frustrating...

The big positive for me was Collins and Kilman at the back who dealt with Mitrovic really well today like them as a centre back partnership, Collins is a top signing for sure.

Going forward we lacked ideas and while we missed two big chances didn't create anywhere near enough! Big fan of Podence but his passing today was really poor and Neto really needs to get into the game more.

Hwang as the man to lead the line doesn't do it for me he goes missing for big parts of the game.

Tottenham next could have really done with a win before that game tbh.

Reaction score
Dendoncker MOTM

RAN, Jonny, MGW and Hwang were poor

The rest average.

Way too slow and way too many flicks going forward. Can’t see how too much has changed from the back end of last season. Desperate for some real quality up top.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sa 7
+1 pen save but was shakey again

Jonny 6
He wasn't bad but you still saw his lack of athleticism now. Doesn't offer anything in attack. Semedo looked sharp and fit.

Collins 7
Absolutely no threat to deal with but good ball progression,one ropey moment but tbf Neves belted the ball at his chest

Kilman 8
Imperious, such an easy afternoon. ****ed all over Mitrovic

RAN 5
Didn't offer anything going forward and another dopey decision in the box. Got to ride with him though, going to happen.

Neves 5
Whilst he wasn't terrible I doc him a point for us dominating the ball and our "deep lying playmaker" creating the square root of **** all. His stats will probably look good, but impact none existent. Good clearance for their header from corner but think Sa had it covered anyway. Kept getting caught in possession when pressed again.

Donk 8
Great display, won loads of ball and covered up some sloppiness of others.

Neto 5
Poor, awful touch else he had an open goal and just head down dribbling with no end product.

MGW 6
Played well in spells but he loses a point for missing a sitter

Hwang 6
Wasn't a sitter he missed but he was ineffectual after starting so well.

Podence 5
Didn't get on ball and his weight of passing when he did was woeful

Guedes 5
Didn't do a single thing I remember

Semedo 7
Looked really lively and injection of tempo. Must start, our best fullback.

Traore 5
Barely did anything even in limited time.

2nd half dire after decent first need a
focal point up top with some pace.

Midfield needs a ball progresser who can resist being closed down without going backwards

There are some good signs but we move ball too slowly still and can't get any progression through the middle of the park.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Disappointing to say the least.

First game of the season we lose to Leeds who sold two of their better players and just avoided relegation.

At home to a promoted Fulham and could have easily lost if it wasn’t for Sa.

Bruno has his work cut out but still, 1 point better off than this time last season.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much the same as last week
Should have put the game to bed before HT,could have lost it after that MGW miss
Played ok in parts but sadly missing a target man and creative midfielder as we all know
1 point on the board i guess but could easily have been 6
Kilman played well as did Collins,MGW great first half too many flicks in the second and faded,i dont think him and Podence work in same team
Jonny looks off the pace,good to see Semedo back,Guedes will be ok once hes up to speed
Tough spell ahead lets hope a couple more players come in soon

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
same old Wolves, play OK but not great, miss some chances we really should have put away. Still after conceding the penalty it could have been worse, at least we came out with a point. Again no real cutting edge, With temperatures up in the 30s difficult to read too much into tempo and lack of intensity at times, We need that clinical in the box finisher

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

A bit eatrly but don't kid yourself Bruno is under pressure at this stage. We slip up against Bournemouth or Saints in a couple fo weeks and he is probably gone.
I don't believe Poch would come but it he is available you take him all day. Bruno needs more time, but it isn't unlimited and if we get 2 more in he has plenty of his players to work with at that point

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had to watch on TV in Vegas with @USA Wolf so can only comment from a TV view. Frankly we don't know how to attack, we know how to get to the final third but after that it's massively over played.

I noticed that, we can get from our 18 yard box to the final 1/3 in next to no time, but when we get there, we have no idea what to do. I suppose that’s what happens when we’ve not got a striker on the pitch.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Desperately need a new midfield or 2
Jonny doesn’t look the player he used to be
Mgw is overrated
Podence is too hit and miss
Neto also needs to up his game.
Hwang was non existent

Inter play was ****e

Collins and kilaman are solid

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly wasnt the attacking football we keep being told about just slow and boring without any real pressure put on Fulhams defenders. The one chance we had was criminally missed by MGW while Ait Nouri seems to be a liability anywhere near our penalty area. Fortunately their penalty taker made a poor attempt at scoring although credit to Sa who went to his right to stop the ball going over the line. We still need those 3 signings to give us a shape that looks like it has a purpose other than this insipid attempt at entertaining, winning football.

T

TheConcourse

I’m so sick of what they’ve done to football.

Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Sub. Sub. Stop. Start. Drinks. Sub. Sub. Stop. Start.

They have turned the best product in the world into an absolute borefest.

5 subs has turned into an excuse to kill momentum in the game. Imagine my shock.

What’s going through the referees head? Is his brief to create a game that doesn’t flow?

How can a player just sit down and demand play to be stopped?

Someone explain to me how MGW gets the same punishment as Mitrovic? So MGW gets a booking for pushing heads together, the same as Mitrovic, who seemingly doesn’t get punished for the kick or the same headbutt offence?

It’s absolutely bonkers how poor these mugs are.

The game? Bruno can moan about wanting more players, but I’m not sure he’s getting anywhere near enough out of the ones he’s got right now.

Fortunate not to lose, bar the odd moment and Sa saving the pen. The next 5 games are massive for Bruno. I want to see progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought the second half, in particular, we were dreadful. Created the better chances in the game overall but we just don’t look like scoring, again.

1 point out of Fulham and Leeds shows where our level is imo, and it will be a difficult season for us without further significant additions.

Sa - 7 - A bit flappy again but saved us a point

Jonny - 5 - Really poor going forward
RAN - 4 - Really poor again from RAN
Kilman - 6 - Did ok
Collins - 6 - Looks a bit clumsy to me, but did ok

Neves - 6 - Did ok, awful free kick attempt
Donck - 6 - Did ok

MGW - 6 - Trying to do too much imo, should have scored
Podence - 5 - Really poor I thought
Neto - 6 - Trying to do too much imo, should have scored
Hwang - 5 - First half chance aside, I can’t remember anything he did

Guedes - 6 - Struggled to get into the game
Adama, Semedo n/a
Can't really argue with your scores. Would have given Kilman MotM, but Sa saved a peno, so fine. Gonna be a long, hard season, unless something changes.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had to watch on TV in Vegas with @USA Wolf so can only comment from a TV view. Frankly we don't know how to attack, we know how to get to the final third but after that it's massively over played. But then I guess having a lot of providers and no finishers that's to be expected.
It’s been the same for ages. To much ridiculous interplay on the edge of the area. Podence the worst culprit.

Tecious.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Desperately need a new midfield or 2
Jonny doesn’t look the player he used to be
Mgw is overrated
Podence is too hit and miss
Neto also needs to up his game.
Hwang was non existent
Forgot Hwang even played before you mentioned him. I thought he was supposed to be more effective through the middle?

I'm still annoyed we had to switch from the 4-3-3 that looked to be working in pre-season. We don't look comfortable at all with a 4-2-3-1 at the moment.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Thought we were headless chickenish going forward, a bit of this and that, often too laborious, had nothing much to really harm Fulham.
A few chances over the 90 minutes, couldn't finish though, no cutting edge again, you never felt there were goals in the team to score two or three.
Overall, not really troubled at the back, the odd scare, Fulham a bit similar to Wolves really, had a few chances, not much else to offer.
The game had no goals written all over it, with one notable exception. Sa's penalty save, he was due to make one, he saved us from losing.

T

TheConcourse

Bit harsh on RAN. On another day he's made a brilliant cross for MGW to get the winner.
Interesting one RAN. There was a brilliant comment on here this week about him being like cryptocurrency, his value keeps rising and nobody quite knows why.

Looked great in pre-season but started really poorly. Should have had his assist to be fair.. really want to see more from him.

D

Deleted member 13084sr

You dont change the way your team plays by retaining the same midfield. should have been an overhaul and neves is included in that. too tidy and too safe

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa 7
+1 pen save but was shakey again

Jonny 6
He wasn't bad but you still saw his lack of athleticism now. Doesn't offer anything in attack. Semedo looked sharp and fit.

Collins 7
Absolutely no threat to deal with but good ball progression,one ropey moment but tbf Neves belted the ball at his chest

Kilman 8
Imperious, such an easy afternoon. ****ed all over Mitrovic

RAN 5
Didn't offer anything going forward and another dopey decision in the box. Got to ride with him though, going to happen.

Neves 5
Whilst he wasn't terrible I doc him a point for us dominating the ball and our "deep lying playmaker" creating the square root of **** all. His stats will probably look good, but impact none existent. Good clearance for their header from corner but think Sa had it covered anyway. Kept getting caught in possession when pressed again.

Donk 8
Great display, won loads of ball and covered up some sloppiness of others.

Neto 5
Poor, awful touch else he had an open goal and just head down dribbling with no end product.

MGW 6
Played well in spells but he loses a point for missing a sitter

Hwang 6
Wasn't a sitter he missed but he was ineffectual after starting so well.

Podence 5
Didn't get on ball and his weight of passing when he did was woeful

Guedes 5
Didn't do a single thing I remember

Semedo 7
Looked really lively and injection of tempo. Must start, our best fullback.

Traore 5
Barely did anything even in limited time.

2nd half dire after decent first need a
focal point up top with some pace.

Midfield needs a ball progresser who can resist being closed down without going backwards

There are some good signs but we move ball too slowly still and can't get any progression through the middle of the park.

Agree with a lot but not all there. Where I differ…

Traore did sweet fa. The sooner he leaves the better.

Guedes looked lively and showed a bit of leadership up front.

RAN can’t keep making these mistakes at the back and hold his place. Cost us points last week and but for Sa would have done again today.

The MGW miss wasn’t an easy opportunity. He was reaching and sliding so hit it with the wrong part of his foot. If he planted his foot to make the shot, likely he’d have knackered his ankle and that would have been worse. So I wouldn’t deduct a point for that.

Neto I wouldn’t either since it was his pressure which made the chance. Fair enough for Podence losing a point for his shot at it.

Think a bit harsh on Neves. Without Moutinho next to him, he’s got way too much to do in midfield. Understand the criticism but just think he’s unable to do his thing without a better midfield partner.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Started well and had to score one of those early gilt-edged chances. After that, very poor and got increasingly laboured as the game went on.

Positives were Sa finally saving a penalty, Neves (who must be considering his future) and Semedo looking sharp.

Thought both Jonny and RAN struggled and all the front four were ineffective.

We really needed to take advantage of this early set of fixtures but the striker and midfield situation has contributed hugely to us doing exactly the opposite.

Could very easily find ourselves in a situation where we 4-6 points on the board after 6 games with matches against City, Liverpool, West Ham and Chelsea coming up. And as the Fulham of 2 years ago found out, if you make that sort of start, even if you make good signings towards the end of the window, it can be very tough to play catch-up and turn it around.

Sa 8
Jonny 5
Collins 6
Kilman 7
RAN 4
Dendoncker 6
Neves 7
MGW 5
Podence 4
Neto 5
Hwang 5

Could really do with one of our Spurs away specials as I worry for us based on the last 16-18 games.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Certainly wasnt the attacking football we keep being told about just slow and boring without any real pressure put on Fulhams defenders. The one chance we had was criminally missed by MGW while Ait Nouri seems to be a liability anywhere near our penalty area. Fortunately their penalty taker made a poor attempt at scoring although credit to Sa who went to his right to stop the ball going over the line. We still need those 3 signings to give us a shape that looks like it has a purpose other than this insipid attempt at entertaining, winning football.
Neto chance is by far the easiest. If he takes a bad touch he has an open goal. He basically passed it to the Fulham defender

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should we we have expected anything different today? Virtually the same players less a few. Playing a four at the back instead of the five. No creation as usual in the midfield. And so so non clinical up front.
I am not sure about Lage but he certainly has not had the players yet. Hoerver I still feel our coaching is not broducing as much as I would expect during a match.
Dendoncker playing the role of doing the dirty stuff without the recognition. A few okay performances but okay does not do it in this league. Something not quite right with Jonny at the start of this season and Ait Nouri not having the benefit of the five is under pressure.
We need a real Midfield captain who can inspire the others. Maybe an Ince and Rae combination would have given us a real advantage. No point in being the better side if you cant make it pay.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These fancy flicks look good when they come off but they didn't today. We lost momentum in our attacks because of this. Still missed 2 sitters

Back
Top Bottom