Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VERDICT HUDDERSFIELD (H)

D

Deleted member 3604

Oh and well done to the 17K who turned up. The £5'ers and those given free tickets not quite up to the excitement I would have thought.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woeful performance tonight...........but it's the end of the season and with the starting lineup I didn't expect much better
Silvio for me was by far our best player and Marshall stepped it up second half
The one thing that totally puzzled me was bringing Silvio off for Dicko and switching Marshall to the left back
Silvio was doing a good job and our only threatening balls into the box were coming from Marshall on the right and then Lanbert changes it.................totally baffled me and just confirmed to me why the jury is still well and truly out on Lambert

D

Deleted member 4594

In my opinion, nothing anyone has said, or is going to say, will make any difference to anyone's understanding about what has gone wrong beyond what they already think. There's no point anyone falling out about these matters as nothing will be proved one way or another and anyone with different views is never going to agree with each other anyway.

It's time for me to go to bed. Night, night.
Mate, well said. I'm not falling out with anyone, we all want the best for the club and are all hugely disappointed. I personally think No manager has a chance with these players while others think he should do better. All opinions and I respect that.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Woeful performance tonight...........but it's the end of the season and with the starting lineup I didn't expect much better
Silvio for me was by far our best player and Marshall stepped it up second half
The one thing that totally puzzled me was bringing Silvio off for Dicko and switching Marshall to the left back
Silvio was doing a good job and our only threatening balls into the box were coming from Marshall on the right and then Lanbert changes it.................totally baffled me and just confirmed to me why the jury is still well and truly out on Lambert

I gave this one a miss tonight so can't comment too much but could it be that Silvio was tiring a bit as he hasn't played for a long time?

T

toytown wolf

It's obvious we need MAJOR surgery over the Summer but I don't trust Thelwell to recruit the quality we need and I'm not sure I trust Lambert to coach them. PLEASE get a couple of quality midfielders in play in the centre next season!
This season we brought in Teixeira, Costa, Silvio, Cavaleiro, The Prince, Saiss, Gladon, Bodvarsson, Borthwick Jackson and the dutch winger who's name I forgot. Tonight we included two of those players. One was playing his first game since Zenga was sacked and the other has managed a huge total of 3 goals all season. I know Cav and Costa are injured (or being rested to ensure they are fit for sale this summer) but it seems to demonstrate just how shambolic our recruitment has been. Meanwhile we rely on our tried and tested mediocre squad who have failed under Jackett, Zenga and now Lambert. Paul Lambert may not be the answer as coach but let's be ruthless and get rid of all the **** who have failed to perform time and again over the last couple of seasons and invest in some actual quality.
As far as I'm concerned all the following can go. Lonergan, Stearman and Borthwick Jackson (end of loan spells), Iorfa, Price, Evans, Saiss, Saville, Edwards, Gladon and Bodvarsson. That's basically a whole team we need to replace this Summer. Anyone trust Thelwell with that responsibility?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nick, on Saturday I asked you which of our players you rated. You replied just Costa. You know yourself the squad is ****.
What is Lambert supposed to do with these players?? My only criticism of Lambert is the obsession with Edwards.
The ******* players were a disgrace. Stearman, Batth, Edwards, Price, Bod, Iorfa were all an absolute joke.
He's tried to change things by bringing in Burgoyne, Silvio, Price and MGW tonight (3 of them did well). Marshall had a good game.
It's the league 1 jackasses on the pitch letting us and Lambert down because they just aren't good enough!!!

100% this.

D

Deleted member 3604

Am I other only one that thought Price did okay?

The only one who showed for the ball and looked to pass. Marshall played well, Silvio looked okay but of the pace.

MGW not ready.

Edwards is a burden.

No movement up front.

Tend to agree about MGW and although I used to rate Jack Price him and dangerous tonight were appalling.

M

MattyWWFC

One word. Inconsistency.
Didn't think we played as bas as Saturday, our general link up play in the middle of the park was alright and a couple of times we actually opened huddersfield up. The lack of creativity in central midfield gives me headaches. How Jack Price has ever been considered a good player is beyond me, the kid is an average footballer, he doesn't excel at any aspect of his game. I think Marshall can be a big player for us, some of those cross field balls to Graham were quality. Graham looks like he hasnt lost his liveliness, although he did run in to trouble a couple of times. Bodvarssson did nothing. Dicko did nothing. Mason got involved but again nothing. Edwards isn't a technical player, just runs around and gets his head on crosses. MGW still young (but trust me, I played with this kid at Rowley Park last year, the guy is amazing and puts into perspective how far behind you are from pro football). Silvio grew into the game, thought he got forward well and linked up with Graham, created space. Iorfa looks like he's going to lose the ball every time he gets it, he has no technical ability, he's just quick.
Some big players needed but I honestly don't think it's as deep as some of you think, a creative midfielder, a good striker and a couple of other players and we can be a good team.
Give Lambert a preseason, let him sort the team out, if things haven't improved by novemeber, chuck him.

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

But whose going to replace him? Price? Evans? Savile?
Mate I know I'm like a stuck record but the players are just lower champ or league 1 tat.

So it's not worth trying anyone else? We should just play Edwards every game? No matter who plays alongside Edwards they look **** as they have to carry the midfield on their own. You could stick a premier league midfielder in there alongside him and they would be isolated and compromised and most likely look ****.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another wretched Tuesday night home game,sat in the freezing cold watching utter crap.We've won only one Tuesday night game at Molineux all season, against Forest, what a woeful record!

Disgraceful. Players and coaching staff should be embarrassed.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it's not worth trying anyone else? We should just play Edwards every game? No matter who plays alongside Edwards they look **** as they have to carry the midfield on their own. You could stick a premier league midfielder in there alongside him and they would be isolated and compromised and most likely look ****.

Rather stick Pat Mountain in central midfield.

M

MattyWWFC

Highlight of the game, Silvio thinking he could just walk off the pitch on the wrong side. Made me laugh.

You're allowed to do that actually. As long as you come off the pitch when another players comes on it's fine. It was just so the ref didnt get confused and see too many orange shirts running around.

D

Deleted member 4594

Iv repeatedly said I don't understand why Edwards gets picked every game.
I think it's a huge cop out for the others to blame him for there **** performances though. Price was woeful tonight.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Disappointing yet again.

Pretty much like the last game except it was done at a higher tempo. But what does that matter when we still have no creativity and complete absence of a goal threat!???

We managed to fluff the only chance we produced, it was the only time we actually came up with a nice creative move with Dave hitting hit the post with the subsequent attempt.

Huff 'n' puff with no actual impact though was how it was.

Silvio for me was MOTM with a pretty steady performance, he was particularly impressive in the 2nd half with some intelligent attacking support play. Also thought Graham did OK with his return to the team, managed to put a few balls into the box but nothing came off as they lacked accuracy but the box was well defended anyway.

M

MattyWWFC

Can everyone vote for Edwards for POTS please, that way he might think he's better than us and finally duck off.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we wanted changes and for Lambert to experiment and it didn't work. I would imagine several players have played their last game for wolves.

Can't say they haven't had a chance, they are league 1 at best and not improved.

Ifora was awful so slow and lacked any urgency.

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

Well we wanted changes and for Lambert to experiment and it didn't work. I would imagine several players have played their last game for wolves.

Can't say they haven't had a chance, they are league 1 at best and not improved.

Ifora was awful so slow and lacked any urgency.

Apart from Sylvio offered some promise. However with his injury record you can't see him being kept on next season now.

J

Johnwwfc

Burgoeyne 5
Iorfa 5
Batth 6
Stearman 5.5
Silvio 7
Price 6
Edwards 4
Marshall 6.5
MGW 5.5
Weimman 5
Bodvarrson 3.5

Graham 6.5
Dicko 6
Mason 5

D

Deleted member 3604

Iv repeatedly said I don't understand why Edwards gets picked every game.
I think it's a huge cop out for the others to blame him for there **** performances though. Price was woeful tonight.

IF you've got Costa, Cav and move the ball quick enough he tends to get in the box and cause a bit of trouble. In games where we lack pace, control and poor movement he blends in well ( and that's me being polite ). Trouble is there isn't a midfielder who can easily slot into that group of players tonight and make an impact. He's tried them all ..

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly better than saturday but the lack of effort is an insult to us who turn up to watch it. We dont have anything to play for but where is their pride? Plus surely they should be playing for their futures. It all looks far too cushy.

M

MattyWWFC

Burgoeyne 5
Iorfa 5
Batth 6
Stearman 5.5
Silvio 7
Price 6
Edwards 4
Marshall 6.5
MGW 5.5
Weimman 5
Bodvarrson 3.5

Graham 6.5
Dicko 6
Mason 5

Sorry but how does Dicko get a 6? Sick of fans sticking up for players because they used to be fan favourites.
'Dicko scored 15 goals in our league one season, I guess I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for making 0 impact and dribbling the ball out of play.'

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Ok first half bod fed off hopeful punts mason replaced him and did less. The three behind the striker didn't matter which three did nothing, didnt support the attacker, didn't drop to make themselves available. Much criticism of price, who admittedly wasn't at his best but was the only midfielder. Edwards wasn't playing alongside him, which brings me on to the bizarre tactics. We had a full back in Silvio (first half) then Iorfa 2nd half, then Marshall as a wing back and then one of the 3 behind the striker. Leaving one in midfield as Edwards was in the three behind the striker. Im guessing Marshall was meant to be like a quarterback?
Tactics hmm bod at least was chasing for stuff and working, Mason did nothing and I mean nothing. MGW I don't think is ready yet and certainly not helped by the weird tactics and lacklustre players. So really it would've made more sense to replace him rather than bod. Weimann isn't up to much but likes to run around alot. I fear this what we'll end up with in the summer people who run around a lot after the ball.

Silvio looked good, was one of the few outlets second half along with Marshall/Iorfa combo. So what did we do take him off and split up Marshall Iorfa to bring on another striker despite the ball never actually getting to the striker. The brain trust really excelled themselves in the dugout after their in depth discussion.

So basically for me if Fosun want anything to happen next season above mid table at best. Complete clear out of the back room from Thelwell down before thinking about bringing in anymore players.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Oh and Jordan graham looked decent on hos return, beat his man a couple of times before we stopped passing it to him.

K

KenilworthWolf

Honestly, genuinely asking here... those who defend Edwards, can you explain what you, and evidently Lambert, see in him as a central midfielder? He appears undroppable and is therefore likely to feature in the same manner next season. I can't understand why and I cringe thinking about it.

D

Deleted member 5242

Considering on paper both teams lined up with the same formation, how did that look in reality?

4-2-3-1 is a bit of a mirage Imo, it can in reality be more of a 4-5-1 or a 4-2-4 at times.

I suspect their movement and organisation meant that you would never guess both played the same? Cheers in advance for any feedback from those mad enough to go tonight :D

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looked like a team full of unfit players, tired players and strangers.

Silvio was very good.

That's it.

See you in August Molineux

Silvio is a very good footballer, but he is a liability as he is made from twiglets and is injured to much sadly.

D

Deleted member 5242

Honestly, genuinely asking here... those who defend Edwards, can you explain what you, and evidently Lambert, see in him as a central midfielder? He appears undroppable and is therefore likely to feature in the same manner next season. I can't understand why and I cringe thinking about it.

I think most accept he shouldn't be played in a CM role for 90 minutes. He should be on the bench and utilised for his strengths when required. The fact he is chosen week in week out is not down to him but perhaps testiment to his commitment, ethic and attitude. he has contributed greatly to this campaign despite his limitations and those that have been bought in around and alongside him have failed to have an impact and force him to the bench. That's how bad the alternatives are imo.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Considering on paper both teams lined up with the same formation, how did that look in reality?

4-2-3-1 is a bit of a mirage Imo, it can in reality be more of a 4-5-1 or a 4-2-4 at times.

I suspect their movement and organisation meant that you would never guess both played the same? Cheers in advance for any feedback from those mad enough to go tonight :D

Burgoyne

Iorfa Batth Stearman Silvio
............................ Marshall
................ Price

Weimann Edwards MGW

. ....... Bod

D

Deleted member 5242

Lonergan

Iorfa Batth Stearman Silvio
............................ Marshall
................ Price

Weimann Edwards MGW

. ....... Bod

Lonergan was injured in the warm and replaced by Harry, but i see what you're saying. Depressingly

D

Deleted member 3604

I think most accept he shouldn't be played in a CM role for 90 minutes. He should be on the bench and utilised for his strengths when required. The fact he is chosen week in week out is not down to him but perhaps testiment to his commitment, ethic and attitude. he has contributed greatly to this campaign despite his limitations and those that have been bought in around and alongside him have failed to have an impact and force him to the bench. That's how bad the alternatives are imo.

Think you hit the nail on the head there. Overall this season he's done alright for us. Best of the rest.

Back
Top Bottom