Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

VERDICT HUDDERSFIELD (H)

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're definitely not in "holiday mode", "on the beach" etc etc. That's just the way we play. We've been like it all season, hence why we have the 3rd worst home record in the division. Every single ****ing game is the same. If we manage a shot on target it's an achievement.

Some serious changes need to be made to both personnel and system for next season. It's all well and good saying X isn't good enough, Y is **** etc etc but Lambert manages to get them to perform away from home so he has to take some responsibility for why we're so ducking **** at home. He's tried nothing different to try and change it at home at all, the same system every game with a few personnel changes.

Even the games we've won at home have been a slog - goal line clearance against Bristol, horror show against Rotherham, clinging on against Forest etc etc. It's **** poor.

People can say it doesn't matter at this stage of the season but the fact is that's exactly how we've played all season.

Costa, Hause, Marshall and (hopefully) Graham are our decent senior players. I honestly couldn't care less if anyone else left.

Massive job to do in the summer.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a side note, anyone know what happened by the Goose before kick-off? Saw a lot of police about and the cars went flying past, some saying there'd been a fight in the street.

Walt was back in town wearing his Wolves gear!

T

TacticalWolf88

Who was it that lost the ball woefully in the build up to there goal?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this was a trial, of those who played I would only keep Burgoyne, Iorfa, Batth, Marshall, Gibbs White and Graham. And all except Marshall would be on the bench.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's very likeable as a person. He's a tiny guy with a big beard. There's a reason the players/staff/media are obsessed with him. He's nowhere near a championship footballer though. He doesn't offer anything at all.

The only credit I can give him is that he at least showed for the ball. It's just a shame he did **** all with it.

D

Deleted member 4594

"Genuinely despair at some of the utter guff Iv read on here lately", quote from another thread how apposite, the defence of the defenceless springs to mind.

Nick, on Saturday I asked you which of our players you rated. You replied just Costa. You know yourself the squad is ****.
What is Lambert supposed to do with these players?? My only criticism of Lambert is the obsession with Edwards.
The ******* players were a disgrace. Stearman, Batth, Edwards, Price, Bod, Iorfa were all an absolute joke.
He's tried to change things by bringing in Burgoyne, Silvio, Price and MGW tonight (3 of them did well). Marshall had a good game.
It's the league 1 jackasses on the pitch letting us and Lambert down because they just aren't good enough!!!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

What astonishes me is that PL was a Champions League winning central midfielder and yet doesn't seem to have any urgency in addressing this area. Can he not remember what quality looks like? In that 1997 final alone, he played in a midfield that had Sammer, Moller and Sousa and against Zidane, Deschamps, Jugovic and Di Livio!

Aaaaarrrgghhh!

M

Mr Wolf

He won more tackles, completed more forward passes and created more chances than anyone.
Started well but he was very poor, twice second half he played poor balls centrally into a forward when he was clear.

MGW doesn't look as good as Bright & I'm not sure where he plays. Won't judge him on this game though.

Silvio - up & down game really but he's very weak. Probably will be a decent when if ever he gets match sharp.

Iorfa I wouldn't bother with anymore at right back, never liked him, can't control a ball, doesn't overlap, quite shy & timid.

Lambert - total joke he doesn't have a clue. Why why why put Marshall left back when Dicko comes on??? Sums him up leaving Price & Edwards in the middle with 3 mins left & putting the guy who gets on the ball & could possible play a pass at left back.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was pretty dire.

Harry has to do better with that goal. His kicking also needs some serious work.

Thought defence were pretty poor bar Silvio who got better as the game went on. Also looked like one of the few who actually knows how to play football, wouldn't mind seeing him at RB.

Midfield was so, so poor. Price was utter dreadful. If that Saiss he'd be slaughtered. Edwards was bad today. He's usually anonymous but today i genuinely can't think of a tackle he made and he also lost the ball in the build up to the goal I think. I don't even blame him, it's disgraceful management that he's played pretty much every minute of every game under PL.

MGW looked like a boy tonight. That said their were a couple of glimpses of some quality.

We looked better when Weimann was up top (what a surprise) and it was great to see Graham come on.

One thing that stood out today, how badly are players are at basics. Controlling & passing. I think Silvio was one of the few who actually trapped a ball tonight.

Dreadful management from PL tonight. Why at 1-0 down, nothing to lose he takes off Silvio for Dicko but then moves Marshall LB.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nick, on Saturday I asked you which of our players you rated. You replied just Costa. You know yourself the squad is ****.
What is Lambert supposed to do with these players?? My only criticism of Lambert is the obsession with Edwards.
The ******* players were a disgrace. Stearman, Batth, Edwards, Price, Bod, Iorfa were all an absolute joke.
He's tried to change things by bringing in Burgoyne, Silvio, Price and MGW tonight (3 of them did well). Marshall had a good game.
It's the league 1 jackasses on the pitch letting us and Lambert down because they just aren't good enough!!!
Ouch, common sense on here. Be gone heathen.

D

Deleted member 3545

I'd like to see Saiss and maybe Evans given a chance without having to play next to a disappearing act that is Dave Edwards.
I don't think they're are good enough for a promotion push. Imho cav and costa are the two players who wolves need to build the team around with Marshall, Weimann, Dicko and Mason players who should be squad players with the likes of graham and the other youngsters added to the squad and gradually introduced. I would say wolves need new GK new defence new CM and a new striker

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was it that lost the ball woefully in the build up to there goal?

Edwards I posted it on the match day thread real time , from what I saw he could actually have just gone forward with it but he didn't and then lost it cutting back on himself , the keeper didn't help however we should never have lost the ball where we did.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lonergan was injured in the warm up but was otherwise due to start.

I agree these players are pretty awful but Cav and Saiss for instance are better than them yet weren't even on the bench. It's becoming apparent that we have yet another manager who favours workrate over technique. Mediocrity rules

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree these players are pretty awful but Cav and Saiss for instance are better than them yet weren't even on the bench. It's becoming apparent that we have yet another manager who favours workrate over technique. Mediocrity rules
Or... he's just rotating it around to get a final look at a few players before decisions have to be made? You know... treating the game as part of the pre-season as it should be considering our season finished two weeks ago.

Nah, it's because big bad lambo wants to ship them out, obviously.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I other only one that thought Price did okay?

The only one who showed for the ball and looked to pass. Marshall played well, Silvio looked okay but of the pace.

MGW not ready.

Edwards is a burden.

No movement up front.
Sorry, Price was garbage and although I used to be a fan, he played his last game for Wolves tonight ! agree with all other points !

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or... he's just rotating it around to get a final look at a few players before decisions have to be made? You know... treating the game as part of the pre-season as it should be considering our season finished two weeks ago.

Nah, it's because big bad lambo wants to ship them out, obviously.

He has been rotating Dave well!

Reactions: Ian

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim's report in the E&S is surprisingly scathing. Methinks he may be seeing the light!
Following his twitter feed the last few games has been illuminating. He takes a completely different stance from his match reports, I've got a definite impression of 'I'm tired of watching this ****' from him. On Saturday he pretty much abandoned reporting on the match in favour of having the crack with a few of his followers. I would say he thinks Wolves are pretty dire at the moment, though he probably has to restrain his comments.

D

Deleted member 3518

But the obsession with Edwards to the detriment of everything else is a major issue, particularly as it renders the midfield wholly inadequate and therefore sets us off on the back foot and has a major impact on the way we perform, surely you can see that?

D

Deleted member 4594

Sorry mate but Saiss has been poor and can't argue at being dropped and Cav just looked like he couldn't be bothered on Saturday. If he was English and called John Smith no one would bat an eye lid at him being dropped.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're definitely not in "holiday mode", "on the beach" etc etc. That's just the way we play. We've been like it all season, hence why we have the 3rd worst home record in the division. Every single ****ing game is the same. If we manage a shot on target it's an achievement.

Some serious changes need to be made to both personnel and system for next season. It's all well and good saying X isn't good enough, Y is **** etc etc but Lambert manages to get them to perform away from home so he has to take some responsibility for why we're so ducking **** at home. He's tried nothing different to try and change it at home at all, the same system every game with a few personnel changes.

Even the games we've won at home have been a slog - goal line clearance against Bristol, horror show against Rotherham, clinging on against Forest etc etc. It's **** poor.

People can say it doesn't matter at this stage of the season but the fact is that's exactly how we've played all season.

Costa, Hause, Marshall and (hopefully) Graham are our decent senior players. I honestly couldn't care less if anyone else left.

Massive job to do in the summer.
Well put. Rings true.

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appalling again tonight. Sideways , sideways , back, hoof, lack of basic skill and desire, lack of vision and running into space. Why has Silvio been out for most of the season? How long was he injured for ? He was clearly MotM, and we should have seen a lot more of him. If Bod is the lone striker why doesn't he get into the box? I liked Price but he was poor tonight, repeatedly giving the ball away. We need a total rebuild. Whether PL can do it and attract decent players her remains to be seen. I suspect not and that he will be gone by Christmas.

D

Deleted member 4594

But the obsession with Edwards to the detriment of everything else is a major issue, particularly as it renders the midfield wholly inadequate and therefore sets us off on the back foot and has a major impact on the way we perform, surely you can see that?
But whose going to replace him? Price? Evans? Savile?
Mate I know I'm like a stuck record but the players are just lower champ or league 1 tat.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been rotating Dave well!
For all the critism of Dave, he is clearly a positive influence within the dressing room. It's my only gripe with Lambert is his persistence with him, however, I can often see the merit of why he has been kept in the team.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry mate but Saiss has been poor and can't argue at being dropped and Cav just looked like he couldn't be bothered on Saturday. If he was English and called John Smith no one would bat an eye lid at him being dropped.

Saiss hasn't been poor just like Price isn't as bad as what he showed tonight , stick Edwards in a midfield 2 and whoever you pick next to him will look bad as the guy never holds his position and gives the other guy a huge gap to fill which is pretty impossible.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Generally woeful. Price and Edwards terrible, Bod may as well not have turned up, Stears looked jittery and Weiman offered running and little else. It actually looked like about 6 of them had been told they were off at the end of the season and I hope that's the case.
I really want to be positive about some aspect of our play. Best I can find is Marshall was ok (easily our best player imo), MGW lacks strength currently but has skill, Silvio and Iorfa improved as the game went on and Graham got some minutes. But that amounts to **** all. Another in a season of very Poor home performances.
Major job in the summer to turn this lot into a promotion chasing team whoever is manager.

D

Deleted member 3604

Sponsored by club mediocre. " Let's not get hurt we have a holiday and transfer negotiations to sort in the next few weeks"

Hi-ho Silvio came in alongside the Lone Ranger, Tonto and the road runner *beep, beep*

The Pointer Sisters in the middle. Jack shoots nearly hits the corner flag and then acts like a Policeman directing traffic outside the Coliseum I Rome. About the only comparison with Pirlo I can think of. The less said about the others the better. JDB had a sulk, ran around a bit and hopefully that's the last we'll see of him - although those around couldn't play to his strength ( which is run towards the corner like a snow plough). MoM Silvia

Seen most of the squad in the last two games and I would recommend putting them all on the transfer list and completely starting again.

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree Saiss was poor on Saturday though I can still see signs that he is actually footballer when he's poor unlike most of the others that get chance after chance after chance and have been poor for years under successive managers.

Lambert said he left Cav and Saiss out tonight as he has seen what they can do. Fair enough. Have them on the bench as options but there are others that he has seen far more of that keep playing

S

ShropshireLad

In my opinion, nothing anyone has said, or is going to say, will make any difference to anyone's understanding about what has gone wrong beyond what they already think. There's no point anyone falling out about these matters as nothing will be proved one way or another and anyone with different views is never going to agree with each other anyway.

It's time for me to go to bed. Night, night.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God its boring watching Wolves at home....

Harry - better than the flapper but has to save that goal
Iorfa - early doors it looked like the old Dom was back, but drifted in and out of the game and looked rusty
Baath - did exactly what you'd expect
Stearman - ditto
Silvio - really quite decent actually, if very rusty, if I could be bothered I'd give him MotM
Edwards - one of his worst performances, and at fault for the goal. Looks knackered. Offered nothing. Needs resting
Price - at least shows for the ball and tries to recycle it fairly quickly and simply but the movement around him was hopeless
Marshall - decent without being brilliant, set pieces didnt really come of for him today
MGW - glimpses of talent that we have yet to train out of him, shrugged off the ball a few times, which is to be expected I guess
Weimann - full of running but wasted out wide. Can't fault his effort
Bod - feeding off scraps, but oh dear, really contributed so little today

Mason - didnt really manage to impose himself at all
Graham - the only other highlight - showed us straight away what we've been missing. Rusty of course, but great to have him back
Dicko - did nothing of note

Back
Top Bottom