Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict - Brighton V Wolves

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Romain Saiss
Romain Saiss
He’s Romain Saiss

Wish we wouldn’t sit so deep, and why didn’t Podence shoot right at the end? Empty net just go for it. Neves put in a brilliant ball then. His passing went to ****. Moutinho was superb I thought. The whole back 5 were tremendous though
Our defence is amazing. Saiss is up there for player of the season. He's so consistent and is always capable of nicking a goal. Beautifully composed finish tonight Then again, Coady and Kilimanjaro are so consistent too. We're like an old school mean Italian defensive team.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very pleased with the result. A mixed bag of a performance. Adama did well for me. Strikers need to learn how to shoot at the empty spaces either side of the goalkeeper. Superb pass and goal.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lovely 3 points. Defensively sound yet again. Sa didn't have a save to make in the second half and with a bit of luck/better finishing we could have been more comfortable. I thought Marcal did great on the whole. Lamptey can be a real handful but he got little change out of our late replacement. He does like a roll around the floor though.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge win

Abysmal first half

Defensive unit is so solid

Midfield two did well defensively but the gap to forwards is far too big

Marcal gives away so many needless free kicks it is a joke. That said he marked lamprey well

Traore brilliant

Podence bright . Stuff happens when he is involved

Trincao a complete waste of space

Neves pass and saiss finish brilliant

In the end it should have been more as a result of traore setting up chances on a plate following 100m runs , but the first 40 mins were abysmal.

Traore raul podence on Sunday please

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
First thing I did when I woke up this morning was drop my (now ruined) phone down the toilet.

In the ensuing 15 hours, I've passed my driving test on the fourth attempt and FINALLY seen Wolves score!

I think we JUST about deserved the win. The 15 minute spell at the beginning of the second half was brilliant after a very damp opening. Thereafter we really weren't troubled. This was a million miles away from the Norwich and Leeds away games.

Delighted.
Congratulations on the driving test

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve got our defence well and truly sorted and look really solid.

Now its over to Bruno to sort the goals out. Actually felt comfortable with us defending. Which ain’t said for a while.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s happened to “we have to play four at the back and get rid of Saiss in January “ ??
I now think it is time to go 4 at the back. Coady is playing his best ever and Kilman is just a rock beside him. I think Lage should show his faith and put his trust in these 2 and get in the extra mf we need to support the strikers. 4 at the back tonight would have been ok against such a poor side and with more attacking threat we may have gone on to win by 3 or 4?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are all the negative posters from the first half, running down the team and individual players and the manager. You know who you are, makes me sick.
Probably calling for Hassanhutl to be sacked ;)

We were bad for 40 minutes (offensively, solid at the back as per), but obviously the OTT comments come out when emotions take over.

Similarly, we deserved the win but there are still a lot of elements we need to work on, so I'm not hanging out the flags just yet!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno what to write. A win is a win. I think Brighton are gonna be right near the bottom, I am glad that they can be taken off the list of teams that are definitely better than us.

Lovely pass from Neves for the goal. Some good counter attacks, but to not score from any of them shows why we don't get many goals.

Our 6 man defence did well, helped out by Mwepu being the best of the bunch. Seriously I don't think Brighton would have scored if we played for 200 minutes.
Saiss my man of the match. He's completely proved me wrong this season. Neves lovely pass, good work rate. Some nice counters, but we should have a goal from one of those chances.
This is the first time I have been disappointed with our approach under Lage. I think how we ended the game was pointlessly negative. We are up against a covid hit defence, a team that doesn't look scoring and we spend the last 15 minutes putting men behind the ball? I can take this approach against man city but Brighton? We Great to have the points but dear God, please let this not be the future.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First 30-35 minutes i thought we were really poor.
The goal though was beautiful.

Traore slowly kicked us into gear and I thought in the second half we played some really good stuff. He needs to start every game. With such a robust, rigid setup, he is massive for us in the final third. Without him we look too predictable, too passive.

Podence annoyed me tonight. I really wish we could kick on in games and get 2 or 3. It would be interesting to see what that could do for the players confidence because too many times we look like a side that just wants to play it safe. Is that confidence?

We kept giving away stupid free kicks which was the only way they would score.

Also, I feel really sorry for Fabio Silva. Getting only one minute and even then he could have had a goal, I was screaming for Podence to play him in at the end.

A win is a win. Back up to 8th and hopefully we can get Molineux rocking for Sunday. A West Ham like performance would be nice.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Saiss, a true wolves hero. At times underestimated, and even before prejudicially swept aside.

He keeps giving us reasons to appreciate him.

Bravo Romain. MOTM at both ends.

Absolutely love him. One of my favourite players of the Fosun era.

Has been an amazing servant to the club and will be rightly be viewed as a modern-day Wolves cult hero.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Terrible first 35 (both teams), sublime pass and good finish for the goal. Second half thought we played well, especially early on. Front 3 linked up really well, bit of luck and better finishing we win comfortably. Best Traore has played for ages and linked up superbly with Podence. Thought Trincao did well enough going forward but also helped Semedo out defensively well. Our defence is so good, keeper, back 3 and WBs all excellent.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are some sides I just couldn’t ever imagine supporting, as they always just seem so lifeless and the entire club just has no edge to it.

Brighton are right up there as one of those sides.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So relieved to get the 3 points. It was challenging for the team with the loss of RAN then Hwang so early so we’ll done. Podence ran all night and Traore did look up and picked good options but was let down by poor attempts. Marcal despite his time wasting played very well with the defence being particularly strong. I just want Jeff to get a few bodies through the doors next month and let Bruno loose to attack a bit more. It’s so frustrating because we’re only a few players away from really knocking on top 6 door.

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
I now think it is time to go 4 at the back. Coady is playing his best ever and Kilman is just a rock beside him. I think Lage should show his faith and put his trust in these 2 and get in the extra mf we need to support the strikers. 4 at the back tonight would have been ok against such a poor side and with more attacking threat we may have gone on to win by 3 or 4?
Only the top three have conceded less than us and you think we should change it , absolute stupidity!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half was a tough watch (until the goal). Sensational pass from Neves and a brilliant finish from Saiss, too.

Rock solid at the back, they didn’t really lay a finger on us.

Second half much, much better and should’ve scored at least two.

Saiss, Adama and Semedo 8/10
Everyone else 7/10

Important win.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
When you think we came into the game without Raul, lost RAN in the warm up and Hwang after 16 minutes, it's a magnificent three points. Going away in the Premier League and getting there points is very hard, even when other teams are missing a few players too. We never really looked like conceding.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only the top three have conceded less than us and you think we should change it , absolute stupidity!
It’s the great debate isn’t it. It’s as clear as day that our shape is defensively heavy which is massively impacting our attacking play. How long can we continue to defend well and hope to nick the odd goal to grab a 1-0 win. Unfortunately we won’t progress that way so we have to find the balance.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First thing I did when I woke up this morning was drop my (now ruined) phone down the toilet.

In the ensuing 15 hours, I've passed my driving test on the fourth attempt and FINALLY seen Wolves score!

I think we JUST about deserved the win. The 15 minute spell at the beginning of the second half was brilliant after a very damp opening. Thereafter we really weren't troubled. This was a million miles away from the Norwich and Leeds away games.

Delighted.
I put my Samsung through a hot wash last week, 28 hours in a bed of rice, as good as gold

Back
Top Bottom