Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict - Brighton V Wolves

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some days you don't care how you win em and tonight is in that collection!

Lovely goal to win it and a MUCH better 2nd half performance, compared to recent outings.

And still the 4TH best defence in the League too!

A bit tough towards the end, but one of those wins which in the table's context is CRUCIAL.

Well done lads and roll on Sunday!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Great win that, was more comfortable than the score line says. Could have had 4 or 5 second half and they never really threatened us. Podence my MOTM but can’t argue with anyone from Kilman, Saiss, Semedo or even Marcal. Job done, long trip home now but always worth it. Wolves ay we!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great win that, was more comfortable than the score line says. Could have had 4 or 5 second half and they never really threatened us. Podence my MOTM but can’t argue with anyone from Kilman, Saiss, Semedo or even Marcal. Job done, long trip home now but always worth it. Wolves ay we!
Good on yer Jade.

Saiss MOTM for me.

Have a safe trip home.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not so much a verdict on the game but Semedo has quietly become one of our most consistent performers. Grown in confidence this season and has been excellent in recent weeks.

Still need more from him in an attacking sense as a RWB but he’s coming in to his own defensively and with his interplay.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Given the fixtures we have coming up, that was an absolutely huge result. Very conservative first half lit up by a moment of brilliance from Neves and a fantastic finish from Saiss (who was superb throughout).

Much better second half with the front three linking together well. Adama very good with much-improved decision making when in dangerous positions.

Back three very good again as was Semedo who has been excellent defensively all season.

Sa 7
Kilman 7
Coady 7
Saiss 8 MoM
Semedo 8
Neves 7
Moutinho 7
Marcal 7
Podence 7
Adama 8
Trincao 7

Well done to all those who travelled tonight. Amazing to sell out given the time of year and current circumstances. Safe journey home to all of you.

Brunoball is back ;)

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A good win, our defence is very good at the moment, Saiss finish and chip from neves were superb,

podence and traore looked a threat and had a real understanding, is this the first time podence has played 90 minutes for us?

Also credit to the fans what made the trip down on a Wednesday night in December to Brighton.... the Amex looks so "Sterile" no real character.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First thing I did when I woke up this morning was drop my (now ruined) phone down the toilet.

In the ensuing 15 hours, I've passed my driving test on the fourth attempt and FINALLY seen Wolves score!

I think we JUST about deserved the win. The 15 minute spell at the beginning of the second half was brilliant after a very damp opening. Thereafter we really weren't troubled. This was a million miles away from the Norwich and Leeds away games.

Delighted.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we had a stronger cm it would take the pressure off the front 3 and be able to break forward and Supoort them better.

Not taking away from the result it’s a good 3 points however the performance again awful. This is not Bruno’s fault I think he’s doing a fantastic job under the circumstances and needs backing from the penny pinchers big time now with potentially ait nouri and hwang out !!!

On to Chelsea!!

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
First half we never really got going as an attacking threat. Great pass and finish for the goal. Half time Bruno must have spoke to the front three as they came out much better. Got to be taking the chances we had. Adama for me had a great game and made some good passes.

As a team we seem very organised and we seem much more aggressive under Lage. Neves was great, the back 5 were great. Marcal did well for me coming in as a late replacement and not playing for a while.

Much needed win. Let's hope we attack a bit at Chelsea.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
given Rauls suspension, Injury to Ait Nouri in warm up and Hwang early on, a great result. Not a great first half, goal aside. Great ball from Neves and well taken by Saiss. Defensively very solid all round again. Created more second half but finishing still not great

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Sa 7
Had one save to make and it was a good reaction one. Came for a few crosses nicely.

Semedo 7
Very solid defensively, put in a brilliant ball that should have been a tap in.

Saiss 8
MOTM, great at the back with a lovely goal and very nearly another.

Coady 7
Didn't have much to do but dependable.

Kilham 6
Probably his poorest game of the year, got run in the channels and gave the ball away a few times.

Marcal 7
Not bad at all, passed the ball forwards more than the midfield. Not got any quality on the ball but defended very well.

Moutinho 6
Typical game of him being tidy enough without creating anything and his total lack of legs meaning we get cut through repeatedly in the midfield.

Neves 6
Brilliant assist but incredibly wasteful in possession. Amazing effort levels as usual.

Trincao 6
Some lovely touches and found spaces well but dribbles the air out of the ball. Also gives it away so easily.

Hwang N/A

Traore 8
Brilliant passing and decision making, could easily have had 2 assists. Excellent today.

Podence 7
Some magic moments but he is so so greedy. Massive diver as well.

Donk N/A

Fabio N/A should have been on far sooner to get some legs up top. Created a chance for a counter straight away that Podence wasted

Good enough performance against a dismal side. Still 2 players light though

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good result.

The first half was largely forgettable until the goal. A terrific pass by Neves and a good finish from Saiss showing the forwards how to do it with his weaker foot.

The second half was better, although very stop-start because of the ref's audio issues and some 'professional' stoppages by Marcal.

There were the odd moments when the front three linked up well, particularly Traore. They would still struggle to finish their tea though. If Silva can only get a minute in 112 being played it shows we need an extra striker in January.

It felt like a good time to play Brighton. They didn't offer much and they were relying on us to make a mistake but our defence was brilliant.

Good for the away fans to see a win after a long journey. They sounded great on the telly.

A poor crowd for Brighton which I'm assuming is covid related. 30,000 plus tickets sold but must have been a little over 20,000 there.

I'll go along with the telly and say Saiss was the man of the match, but Neves was exceptional again.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An abysmal first 35 minutes, fine 10 and then closed the half with a bit of world class to grab a goal from the goal machine Saiss! World class from Neves.

Second half was the better I've saw us a long time, confident, should have buried some of the chances that came our but Brighton were kept at arms length and we defended with purpose, not with any fear.

Brighton were decent in spells but you can see why the fans are unhappy, not an enticing prospect at all.

Overall, 3 points and am away win, something that will be taken always.

Sa - 7 - Mr.reliable between the sticks
Saiss - 9 - MOTM - great goal, solid defending, mans entering some twilight in his career
Coady - 7 - Solid as ever.
Kilman - 7 - Same as Coady
Marcal - 7 - Theatrics aside was a solid performance
Semedo - 8 - Only one to get forward with intent in that first 35, played well overall, and a threat
Neves - 7 - A world class pass and a good second half should be higher but was woeful first half on the whole
Moutinho - 6 - Did the job, but chased shadows the end.
Trincao - 5 - Bit of trickery and movement but overall the weak link of the front three
Traore - 7 - Lead from the front quite well actually, bought fouls and was generally really up for it.
Podence - 8 - Gets this team moving, the difference when he plays and when doesn't is night and day

Hwang - n/a - hope he recovers
Donk - 6 - shored up the game, fair enough
Silva - n/a - should have been on earlier.

Overall, a needed 3 points.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First-half, but for the goal was pretty meh!
Second-half I thought we were excellent, except with our finishing. Saiss, Marçal and Traoré were all very good and a note for Trincao who grew into the game and was much better in the second-half.
Genuinely never felt like we'd concede in that second period, despite the extensive added time!
Well done boys! /\_/\

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bruno’s grinding out the points, we have a brilliant defence. Saiss MOM for me. Had some great opportunites to score more, when we have two players running at one defender you suck him in then you pass it’s basic attacking play we’re getting wrong. I think we can give Chelsea a game but it was important we won tonight to enjoy the chelsea game.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few more observations:
- we look much better when Podence is playing.
- Saiss is quietly having a wonderful season. I've been critical of him in the past but he's rightly first choice at the moment and doing a great job. He's also got some technique.
- Semedo and Marcal both did well. As always seems to be the case with us, once the wing backs play well, the team plays well.
- Top half back on the menu boys?

Very big win this one in-between the deathly fixtures.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Romain Saiss
Romain Saiss
He’s Romain Saiss

Wish we wouldn’t sit so deep, and why didn’t Podence shoot right at the end? Empty net just go for it. Neves put in a brilliant ball then. His passing went to ****. Moutinho was superb I thought. The whole back 5 were tremendous though

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First thing I did when I woke up this morning was drop my (now ruined) phone down the toilet.

In the ensuing 15 hours, I've passed my driving test on the fourth attempt and FINALLY seen Wolves score!

I think we JUST about deserved the win. The 15 minute spell at the beginning of the second half was brilliant after a very damp opening. Thereafter we really weren't troubled. This was a million miles away from the Norwich and Leeds away games.

Delighted.
Go and put a bet on something. Do it now.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we had a stronger cm it would take the pressure off the front 3 and be able to break forward and Supoort them better.

Not taking away from the result it’s a good 3 points however the performance again awful. This is not Bruno’s fault I think he’s doing a fantastic job under the circumstances and needs backing from the penny pinchers big time now with potentially ait nouri and hwang out !!!

On to Chelsea!!
I thought both midfielders worked their socks off. also thought played well 2nd half should of been out of sight

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

On to Chelsea!!
The performance wasn't awful mate .... We were completely competent with spells of brilliance and poorness alike. For a premier league away game against good opposition, I'm very satisfied with the performance (especially second half, of course)

Back
Top Bottom