Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unpopular opinions

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion fans have the same number of fingers and toes as everyone else, have never had carnal of their sisters and have IQ's bigger than their shoe size.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst it was disappointing not to break 100 points, it’s very hard to steamroller teams by several goals each week when they set up to nullify you.

We were bloody excellent that season and let’s not forget we were playing a brand of football that was light years away from what we were playing under Lambert. The arrival of the likes of Neves, Jota and Boly obviously helped, but let’s not forget the marked improvements in Coady, Saiss, Doherty, Cavaleiro etc in a very short period of time.

Safe to say what you’ve posted is an unpopular opinion with me :p
I agree, he can stick that opinion right up his jacksey

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably better if this thread sticks to an unpopular opinion and not a big debate on a particular post otherwise it will just go off the rails.
I think it will stay on the rails, but accelerate slightly. :tongueclosed:

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unpopular opinions maybe things which I find Irritating at games

An applause on minute x for a random fan who's passed on... (only in exceptional circumstances or club legends in my opinion)

- the x amount of signs appearing at games saying "*** insert player name **** can I have your shirt please"

Every Vlogger, blogger, poet, author, person with 1000+ followers claiming to represent the majority of fans.

People who spend more time on there phones than enjoying Wolves at games, be it the constant texters, betters or guy who records everytime we cross the half way line.

Elokobi Wan

Reaction score
* Selling Doherty was a mistake
* Mick would have kept us up
* I want a 65000+ seater Molineux with the South Bank the biggest single tier stand in the country. (It would not be too big).
* I love the idea of a 32 team Club World Cup every four years.
* Wolverhampton, the city, needs huge investment and reinvention if Wolves are ever to be a major force in world football again. If the investment was Chinese, I’d welcome it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
* Selling Doherty was a mistake
* Mick would have kept us up
* I want a 65000+ seater Molineux with the South Bank the biggest single tier stand in the country. (It would not be too big).
* I love the idea of a 32 team Club World Cup every TWO years.
* Wolverhampton, the city, needs huge investment and reinvention if Wolves are ever to be a major force in world football again. If the investment was Chinese, I’d welcome it.
Fixed that for you, courtesy of A. Wenger.... Not commenting on the rest....

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unpopular with any non wolves football fan - Danny Murphy got us relegated when he moaned about Karl Henry tackling too hard as it stopped artists like him playing (wenger-itis). This accusation bizarrely made us change out style of play and it all went pear shaped after that

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
I never forgave Nuno for the FA Cup semi final and thought we lost our identity as a team afterwards.

I though the football we played was dour after that point and I was glad when he left.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never forgave Nuno for the FA Cup semi final and thought we lost our identity as a team afterwards.

I though the football we played was dour after that point and I was glad when he left.
Complete rewriting of history. If you are correct then explain our Europa League performances pre-lockdown.

Edited to add: A despicable absence of respect for our best manager since at least Bill McGarry (first time).

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the Friday Thread was a terrible thing and should definitely have been scrapped
The Friday Thread was before my joining the Mix and from time to time it is mentioned in a negative way.
What or why was it so bad?

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kevin Foley was a fake footballer. Completely overrated. A league 1 player at best who somehow stumbled onto a player of the season award because too many fans mistake running with a grimace on your face for actually playing football.

Getting promoted ruined him as though he could scrape by in the Champs, he was truly found out in the Premier League. He continually hid during games. As someone who in younger days was also a terrible footballer, I knew a few tricks on "hiding during games" and it was interesting to see Foley doing the same. Used to watch him positioning himself away from the action. When an attacker was near, Foley would back off continually, until allowing a free shot. Somehow got picked for Ireland and was abject for them, too.

Worth mentioning as during those 3 McCarthy struggling seasons, Foley managed to escape blame. Partly by being injured, but mainly by avoiding being anywhere near the actual football. So at the end of another defeat, fans would slate every player..then get to Foley and say "Can't remember Foley doing anything wrong ...".

(the inverse is someone like Boly, who is an excellent footballer, but occasionally gets stick *because* he hasn't got the grimace on his face as he runs back from his hiding position..he doesn't actually hide, either)
TLDR: Kevin Foley slept with Contrarian's missus

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This team was an inspired selection by Mark McGhee on 5 April 1998, and all the Wolves Fans in Villa Park that day were punching the air as it was being read out over the PA system:
Segers
Muscat
Curle
Sedgely
Williams
Richards
Froggatt
Robinson
Simpson
Claridge
Goodman

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Nuno was a good manager.
Rui was a good keeper who was a fundamental part of the project.
Jota didn’t want to leave.
Jeff Shi is an accountant making major mistakes while playing at running a football club.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

Womens football has no place in the modern game. It’s crap.

Vloggers who run a commentary during the match should give up their seats for proper fans. ******s.

Suzy Perry is ok, but only a 6/10.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This team was an inspired selection by Mark McGhee on 5 April 1998, and all the Wolves Fans in Villa Park that day were punching the air as it was being read out over the PA system:
Segers
Muscat
Curle
Sedgely
Williams
Richards
Froggatt
Robinson
Simpson
Claridge
Goodman
A tactical inspiration from a football genius.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Friday Thread was before my joining the Mix and from time to time it is mentioned in a negative way.
What or why was it so bad?
Those who know….

It was the picture of Gal Gadot posted above that reminded me of it so there’s a clue.

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
Women's football is in style far more like men's football of 20 years ago many people miss. Often the same people who hate women's football
I said, in an earlier post, that I don't like women's football. It's different from hating it. I have respect and admiration for skilfull players in either iteration of the game. However, as you point out, the two games are different and are evolving differently, I like one, not the other. I also wouldn't want to curse the women's game with many of the failings of the modern men's era.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The majority of TV revenue in English football is because of 5/6 teams and the rest of the Premier League has no more right to TV money than lots of clubs in the Championship.

Nivada

Reaction score
Yes, though that match was exceptional. It was by no means the norm for that season..or any season, I still think it possibly our best performance in the last 40 years. Within a couple of weeks of that City game, we were losing to Watford and falling to the (then) usual 1-1 draw with Newcastle. The current team have beaten both, recently.:)
Even before they went down to 10 we were already bossing it, just two silly goals conceded.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Complete rewriting of history. If you are correct then explain our Europa League performances pre-lockdown.

Which to tackle first...
The Braga loss, the capitulation from 3-1 Vs Braga, the needing a penalty to beat Slovan away, and a 92nd minute winner to beat them at home.
Struggling against a completely out of form besiktas, a 93rd minute smash and grab winner.

Yeah we did alright Vs Besiktas' kids once they'd given up on the competition, and half of Espanyols main team (when they'd given up to try stave off relegation).

We were torn apart by Olympiakos so much that Liverpool signed their left back immediately after the game.

We had some good results, but the performances weren't great.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which to tackle first...
The Braga loss, the capitulation from 3-1 Vs Braga, the needing a penalty to beat Slovan away, and a 92nd minute winner to beat them at home.
Struggling against a completely out of form besiktas, a 93rd minute smash and grab winner.

Yeah we did alright Vs Besiktas' kids once they'd given up on the competition, and half of Espanyols main team (when they'd given up to try stave off relegation).

We were torn apart by Olympiakos so much that Liverpool signed their left back immediately after the game.

We had some good results, but the performances weren't great.
You’ll get pelters for this but you’re spot on.

Back
Top Bottom