Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unpopular opinions

Nivada

Reaction score
Don't want to spread negativity at all but what I will say is I just watched some of the full match of Wolves 3-2 Man City the Wolves channel uploaded and we were different sauce back then, rarely any miss hit passes, extraordinary vision, clever runs and this extreme buzz around all our play I think that season especially before lockdown was our absolute peak in the Fosun era, they really could of got top 4 we looked absolutely insane at times, right now we're still a good chunk away from what we were back then.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't want to spread negativity at all but what I will say is I just watched some of the full match of Wolves 3-2 Man City the Wolves channel uploaded and we were different sauce back then, rarely any miss hit passes, extraordinary vision, clever runs and this extreme buzz around all our play I think that season especially before lockdown was our absolute peak in the Fosun era, they really could of got top 4 we looked absolutely insane at times, right now we're still a good chunk away from what we were back then.
I think Diogo going was a big thing.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I mean we also lost 2 games later to Watford despite them having 10 men for 20 minutes. We drew so many games because we lacked ability to break teams down. We were brilliant against teams who attacked us (although City didn't much in that game as had 10 men for vast majority) but the problem was against defensive teams. We had no ability to break them down with our passing.

Nivada

Reaction score
I mean we also lost 2 games later to Watford despite them having 10 men for 20 minutes. We drew so many games because we lacked ability to break teams down. We were brilliant against teams who attacked us (although City didn't much in that game as had 10 men for vast majority) but the problem was against defensive teams. We had no ability to break them down with our passing.
Still scored the most goals of all our Prem seasons, would of been up to 60 scored if not for those horrific VAR decisions, let's not forget the Europa League 4-0 hammerings as well, that period in the Braga match where we just took complete control and fashioned three incredible chances which were converted, if anything our defence was a bigger problem that season.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Football in England was dying in the 1980s, the Premier League is a good thing (distribution should just be changed).

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Still scored the most goals of all our Prem seasons, would of been up to 60 scored if not for those horrific VAR decisions, let's not forget the Europa League 4-0 hammerings as well, that period in the Braga match where we just took complete control and fashioned three incredible chances which were converted, if anything our defence was a bigger problem that season.
You think VAR robbed us of 9 goals, that is pretty preposterous. We scored the joint 8th most goals in the league with Soton and had the 4th best defense. It absolutely wasn't our problem, not scoring enough goals was.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great night v Man City but it has been airbrushed from history that they had 10 men for 80 minutes.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
What's your unpopular football opinion(s)?

Mine are that

- Ben Foster seems like quite a decent guy...

- Given time, Solbakken would have been a good fit for Wolves

Nelson Semedo is the first name on the team sheet.

Fabio Silva will come good if given time.

I like Southgate

If we hadn't of been relegated from the Champ in 12/13 we'd never be where we are today, that season was indirectly one of the most important in Wolverhampton Wanderers history.
Agreed
the rest of you give your heads a wobble

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unpopular opinions, not wrong opinions!

If we had literally anyone other than Saunders in charge that year, we wouldn't have gone down.

Our form was absolutely shocking, dressing room torn apart, Millions wasted before January and a (after) Ebanks Blake injury all before he was hired. Sometimes when look closely back at history it paints a completely different picture.

Back
Top Bottom