Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

Wolvezone

Reaction score
In the PL 2 Wolves U23 scored 16 goals in their first fifteen games and allowing 26. 15 5 - 4 - 6 16 - 26 -10 19 points.
Then six straight wins and scoring 19 goals while allowing only six. 6 6 - 0 - 0 19 - 6 18 points. Trending well:)
U23 and U18 have done very well in 2022. The U23's should compete for a PL 1 status again definitely.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the PL 2 Wolves U23 scored 16 goals in their first fifteen games and allowing 26. 15 5 - 4 - 6 16 - 26 -10 19 points.
Then six straight wins and scoring 19 goals while allowing only six. 6 6 - 0 - 0 19 - 6 18 points. Trending well:)
U23 and U18 have done very well in 2022. The U23's should compete for a PL 1 status again definitely.
If we finish 2nd to fulham how does play offs work?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
any idea how the U18s are getting on away at N Forest?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noticed the shot count went up last minute....been on 3 since the first half ....
Sounds like they have been watching Premier League football too much, 87 minutes tippy-tappy in the midfield and last 3+ madness in both boxes, seems the preferred pattern these days.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly under the age groups for this thread but it may interest some......... the u14s are taking part in the 2022 Mina Cup which is being held in Dubai between 8th-13th April.

Wolves will face Dubai City FC, Pumas Unam (Mexico), and Fursan Hispania (A Dubai based football academy run by Michael Salgado) in their group.

The other group contains Go Pro Sports Academy, Alliance FC (both Dubai based football academies), Sturm Graz and Bhayangkara FC (Indonesia)

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly under the age groups for this thread but it may interest some......... the u14s are taking part in the 2022 Mina Cup which is being held in Dubai between 8th-13th April.

Wolves will face Dubai City FC, Pumas Unam (Mexico), and Fursan Hispania (A Dubai based football academy run by Michael Salgado) in their group.

The other group contains Go Pro Sports Academy, Alliance FC (both Dubai based football academies), Sturm Graz and Bhayangkara FC (Indonesia)
Surely a good chance to scout some youth that probably wouldn't normally pop up on our radar too

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
u23s in action tonight away at Notts Forest - available on the usual channels (youtube/WolvesApp)

@JOSWolf (I think it was you who mentioned Dylan Scicluna on another thread) - looks like both he and his brother Lucas are now back at Wolves having gone back to Australia for a bit

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
u23s in action tonight away at Notts Forest - available on the usual channels (youtube/WolvesApp)

@JOSWolf (I think it was you who mentioned Dylan Scicluna on another thread) - looks like both he and his brother Lucas are now back at Wolves having gone back to Australia for a bit
They're highly rated from what I remember, is that right?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're highly rated from what I remember, is that right?

I think any kid in the academy that is mentioned is deemed highly rated (it’s a term like legend… a bit over used (not a criticism of you )) but yes I think Dylan (the younger brother) played once or twice for the u18s when he was 13 so definitely was well thought of. I think they’re now 16/17 so you’d hope we’d see them in the u18s soon

Last edited:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Great news, mate. Dylan is a real talent.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2nd plays 5th at 2nd’s home ground, one off game.
3rd plays 4th at 3rd’s home ground, one off game.
2nd/5th plays 3rd/4th in a one off game at the highest ranked team’s ground.
Just seen this Jade. Is Prem LG 2 like the Championship? If Wolves win the pos will they be promoted to the U23 Premier League?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A) why are we playing in an away kit
B) surely our GK pink kit clashes with Forest’s red shirts - what’s wrong with a green GK shirt?
Grumble, grumble, grumble!! Old git!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Just seen this Jade. Is Prem LG 2 like the Championship? If Wolves win the pos will they be promoted to the U23 Premier League?
Yeah we’re in PL2 Division 2, if we win the play-offs we’d move into PL2 Division 1 which is where the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal are.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah we’re in PL2 Division 2, if we win the play-offs we’d move into PL2 Division 1 which is where the likes of Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal are.
Weren’t we in Div 1 last season and got relegated?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Weren’t we in Div 1 last season and got relegated?
Couple of years ago yeah, when the season was abandoned in the pandemic. We were miles off safety anyway tbf, last year we lost in the play-offs to Crystal Palace 3-2 (Corbeanu scored both for us).

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, so far there’s a fair bit of neat passing football in the middle of the park from both sides followed by a loose pass from someone. Forest have definitely spent more time going forward in our half than we have in theirs and they have had one decent chance; we haven’t created anything yet.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno stand out for me so far, and Mosquera looks confident (****y even) but not really got control of the midfield and often losing possession when we get in to the final third.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should be 1-0 down now after Mosquera got turned and lost his man leading to a decent chance for them

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest just look bigger, more experienced, more composed and more of a team than we do. We are sitting back and just not creating, we are reacting.
Mike Burrows has just made the same observation about Cundle!

Back
Top Bottom