Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good news. Lee Harkin is surprising me as a player and Marques is already too good for this level. Hope he can get a loan with gametime next season.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d think it would be ideal for Marques to go to grasshoppers for a season, think he came through their youth teams, plus they play a back 3 now I believe.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’ve only got Marques under contract for another season?? So presume he’ll need a new contract before heading out on loan

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’ve only got Marques under contract for another season?? So presume he’ll need a new contract before heading out on loan
I actually think he may be out of contract this summer. Maybe we have an option to extend it?
Either way you’d hope he’d be happy to sign a new one.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He signed one before he moved to Belenenses for his failed loan, although you are correct it is only until Summer 2023, however we hold an optional 12 month extension, so effectively 2024

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If harkin physically develops he could be worth keeping. He is very weak at the moment and easily pushed off the ball.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marques problem for me is he looks tailor made for the sweeper role....finding him a loan to a club who use a sweeper is gonna be very hard....you ain't finding that in league 1 and 2......I also think grasshoppers maybe best for him next season...

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Marques problem for me is he looks tailor made for the sweeper role....finding him a loan to a club who use a sweeper is gonna be very hard....you ain't finding that in league 1 and 2......I also think grasshoppers maybe best for him next season...
Maybe the Boggies would be a decent loan?

Not sure if they play with a sweeper, but they certainly need some new brooms.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harkin seems a very skillful young lad who needs to develop physically. He has the making of a Daniel Podence (without the histrionics) about him.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure you’re right about lower league teams not playing a back 3. Lots do.
Either way though I’d agree grasshoppers would seem to be ideal for him.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slightly under the age groups for this thread but it may interest some......... the u14s are taking part in the 2022 Mina Cup which is being held in Dubai between 8th-13th April.

Wolves will face Dubai City FC, Pumas Unam (Mexico), and Fursan Hispania (A Dubai based football academy run by Michael Salgado) in their group.

The other group contains Go Pro Sports Academy, Alliance FC (both Dubai based football academies), Sturm Graz and Bhayangkara FC (Indonesia)

If anyone wants to see some potential stars of the distant future, the u14s start their Mina Cup campaign vs Pumas Unam at 2pm tomorrow followed by another match at 4:40pm vs Dubai City

It can be watched here (although you will need to register which is a pain)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
U18s at home to Everton

Currently 1-0 in the second half Farmer with the goal

Very young bench

2D8BE58D-1157-4E2E-AA94-4DDD26775F63.jpeg

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Good luck lads! Looking forward to watching, hopefully we can get through to the semi final!

JadeWolf

Reaction score
If you’re a Wolves STH or member you can watch the stream for free on the Wolves App. If not, Peterborough are also streaming it (for £3).

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Nice move by Wolves, Campbell picks out Lembikisa with a great crossfield pass. but his cross is just a bit too close to the keeper who manages to catch it.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
HT, 0-0. We've been the better side, been much more comfortable on the ball, but we have lacked a cutting edge. Looks like it's going to be Chem Campbell if anyone who gets us the breakthrough.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HT, 0-0. We've been the better side, been much more comfortable on the ball, but we have lacked a cutting edge. Looks like it's going to be Chem Campbell if anyone who gets us the breakthrough.
After his Newcastle debut, Campbell is back on the left, and looking more comfortable with it.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's been like that with the Under -23's whenever I've watched them for several years now. So many games where we were decent enough, at least as good as the opposition, but just couldn't score and ended up hit by a sucker punch. I do wonder if this isn't a pattern because the first team has been much the same for a while, too.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
After his Newcastle debut, Campbell is back on the left, and looking more comfortable with it.

Agree, he's been really good, his footwork is great the way he dances past tackles.

It's been like that with the Under -23's whenever I've watched them for several years now. So many games where we were decent enough, at least as good as the opposition, but just couldn't score and ended up hit by a sucker punch. I do wonder if this isn't a pattern because the first team has been much the same for a while, too.

Yes, this season definitely we've been desperately short of a natural goalscorer in the U23s. It looked like Nathan Fraser was breaking through from the U18s and he'd be ideal but he's injured now.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Peterborough player gets the first booking of the game for a pretty rough foul on Campbell. He's OK though.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Kandola booked for us for stopping a counter attack, defo a booking. Just before that Campbell was almost in again, but his low cross was just poked away by a defender before a Wolves player could get there for a tap-in. Close!

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Marques down injured, looks like he got injured making an important block. Getting treatment now let's hope he can carry on.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Almost 2-0, Hodge again with a great ball through, Bueno shoots but it's blocked away by the keeper.

Back
Top Bottom