Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have heard from someone involved in academy football that the Birmingham teams hoover up most of the good striking talent in the Midlands and we tend to be second best in that respect.
Certainly seems that way and is what I suspected. Although interesting to see Blues included in that, who up until this season, were not a Cat 1 academy

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If all the midland clubs are sucking up all the local striking talent, you would of thought that some of the youngsters would be aware of this and see us as a better gateway for a professional career, where there is less striking competition.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly seems that way and is what I suspected. Although interesting to see Blues included in that, who up until this season, were not a Cat 1 academy
Blues having a decent track record in recent years might help them, in terms of a choice for a young player.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thing is we've been ass at developing players for ages. We've been better recently but we are a long way behind other local clubs.

This must be a factor in young players deciding where to go.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I have heard from someone involved in academy football that the Birmingham teams hoover up most of the good striking talent in the Midlands and we tend to be second best in that respect.
Put it like this my nephew had his choice of clubs in the midlands to go to and despite being offered terms at them all decided on Birmingham despite living walking distance from Compton.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put it like this my nephew had his choice of clubs in the midlands to go to and despite being offered terms at them all decided on Birmingham despite living walking distance from Compton.

I think there's a "big city" perception and reputation which is difficult for us to break

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, the Jude Bellingham effect did cross my mind
Yeah, doesn't take much to know at Wolves that you're opportunities will be limited, whilst Blues, simply due to finances, chances of you breaking through is much higher.

Jude Bellingham, but also Demerai Gray and Nathan Redmond in recent years, all of which are top flight players.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to put the best kids in the grasshoppers squad and if they have a great season sell them for a fee in the millions. The best players get sold for millions from that league.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that clears it up

More good investment please!

Are you some kind of consultant?
I have been described as a kind of .............. ( fill in as appropriate ). I like to think that we all have something to learn from and teach to. I have learnt from many sources and studied with many brilliant coaches ( not football related except one ).
Football is a fascinting subject for many reasons. One thing in particular is the number of businessman who are very successful in their own field but never seem to be able to convert that into being successful in football. Even our own Sir Uncle Jack who loved the club to the red through and through master builder.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Genuinely interested in how many of Vile U23 are loaned out? Or are they keeping them together?

We seem to have taken a different approach and loaned most of our older/better U23s across UK and Europe. Seems to me the only fair comparison will be how many of our U23s make it to our first team vs the likes of Vile.

I've watched a number of U23 games this season and cannot say any players look like they will make it at Wolves.
Nya and Cundle look the most promising of those not out on loan, as well as the goalkeeper, Moulden. The lad recently signed from Man City, Griffiths is showing some early promise.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nya and Cundle look the most promising of those not out on loan, as well as the goalkeeper, Moulden. The lad recently signed from Man City, Griffiths is showing some early promise.
In the games I have seen this season Nya has looked so controlled. He seems to find where he should be and almost effortlessly deals with it. Really pleased for him that now he has a chance to prove himself.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I have been described as a kind of .............. ( fill in as appropriate ). I like to think that we all have something to learn from and teach to. I have learnt from many sources and studied with many brilliant coaches ( not football related except one ).
Football is a fascinting subject for many reasons. One thing in particular is the number of businessman who are very successful in their own field but never seem to be able to convert that into being successful in football. Even our own Sir Uncle Jack who loved the club to the red through and through master builder.
That's because the usual business rules don't apply. "Invest" is a term used by football fans but it doesn't really mean investing it means spend money you'll never see again.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Did the West Ham lad end up anywhere ? Did someone say he had gone to Birmingham on trial after us ?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Did the West Ham lad end up anywhere ? Did someone say he had gone to Birmingham on trial after us ?
Might be keeping his options open, if i were him I'd shop around. Chance he gets into the Blues team this season as well

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven’t seen him sign anywhere and I haven’t seen any reference to Birmingham but could easily have missed both

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you know he wanted to sign without looking at Blues first?
Now I am testing my little brain box memory section. Didn't Moulden come here and play a game or two then leave and it was quite a while before we signed him?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If he’s contracted to West Ham we can’t sign him until January anyway, can we?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he’s contracted to West Ham we can’t sign him until January anyway, can we?

He has left West Ham as far as I'm aware. We would have to pay compensation but he wont sign a new deal there.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very interesting that the likes of Agboola, Lembikisa, Hubner seem to be getting more training with the first team than the likes of Nya, Richards, Scott at present.

Would like to see more of them in the u23's soon. Hubner was meant to be an outstanding prospect when we signed him and Agboola and Lembikisa both look physically very good.

Wolvezone

Reaction score
U17 PREMIER LEAGUE CUP TODAY
WOLVES U17 vs West Bromwich U17 1-3
Goal: Ackeme Francis-Burrell
James Storer
Leo Shahar
Tempel Ojinnaka
Marvin Kaleta
Hayden Carson
Finlay Ashworth
Mason Rees
Ackeme Francis-Burrell
Josh Esen
Ethan McLeod
Nathan Fraser

Stan Amos
Fraser Harper
Aron Keto-Diyawa
Fabian Reynolds
Oliver Sweeney

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
U17 PREMIER LEAGUE CUP TODAY
WOLVES U17 vs West Bromwich U17 1-3
Goal: Ackeme Francis-Burrell
James Storer
Leo Shahar
Tempel Ojinnaka
Marvin Kaleta
Hayden Carson
Finlay Ashworth
Mason Rees
Ackeme Francis-Burrell
Josh Esen
Ethan McLeod
Nathan Fraser

Stan Amos
Fraser Harper
Aron Keto-Diyawa
Fabian Reynolds
Oliver Sweeney
Report here…

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree about Nya, has looked good in the games I have watched.

Not sold on Cundle, mostly due to his size. Looks to have high football IQ but think he lacks the physical attributes for Premier League. Reminds me a bit of Ronan in that way.

Amazing to think how poor we've done since we had a purple-patch with Keane, Lescott and Murray. Pretty much been barren as a desert since.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kids go to Birmingham because they have a good story to tell. Bellingham, Gray, Redmond and Butland have gone on to better things, but importantly Lolley, Newell, Mutch, Grigg, Bogle, Hause, Riley etc have gone on to have decent careers with most of them having a good few first team games under their belts at St Andrews. Sure they're not in the big league, but they're a credible stepping stone who won't stand in a players way if they get great opportunities.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's a "big city" perception and reputation which is difficult for us to break
I think it is quite the opposite. Our youth set up may be big city thinking, whereas the blues one may be more down to earth. Smaller set up, more time for the family etc.
Also it may put local parents off sending their kid to our academy when we are signing a lot of players from abroad and man city etc.
Just assumption though
(Unless you meant we are big city, then we agree, ha!)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tonights u23 game with Villa be be shown via the Wolves app only for Season Ticket holders and Members due to Villa charging at their end.

Careful.... too many of those and Vinny "the Villain" will be on it. ;)

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bookies have us as favourites, if you're that way inclined there might be an opportunity

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see us getting turned over tonight. Hope we dont.

Back
Top Bottom