Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matty whittingham off for Harry birtwistle

Double sub - Mabete went off also for Holman, so they'll have Fraser & Holman upfront. Birtwhistle will go right back and Ojinaka will move from right back to central defence. (He's not a full back so hopefully we'll see more running on the right from Birtwhistle)

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one really beating the door down for a place in the first team squad. Chiarewa and Lemina had good moments. Fraser looked slow and ineffective.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lacked shape and organisation in all areas. Because of so many changes to the regular U21 set up perhaps? A big learning curve for Lemina. He will need to adapt to both the pace and physicality of the game. Fraser also looked less confident, perhaps as a result of his spell in first team action?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like we were poor tonight. Disappointing as some of these lads are very close to the first team at present and need to be doing more in games like tonight. Hope Lemina and Griffiths are ok.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mini Lemina looked decent to be fair had some nice runs. He definitely will get fouled a lot as he has bit of threat about him. He hasn't played much at all this season so hope he gets a few more u21 games.

Thought Fraser was fine? Didn't seem uncomfident to me. Hardworking and holding the ball up.. his game really, Chirewa lively. But the whole teams play was a little disjointed so we didn't threaten much. I doubt a few of them have trained much with the u23s so that's only reasonable that it won't flow when the first team will approach things differently.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At times the approach play was good up until the final third when the wrong decision was made.
Alfie pond was dispossessed a couple of times. Full backs quick but gave the ball away a few times.
Tom Watson (striker)for Sunderland impressed me and would be worth signing for as an investment. He must be their next big thing.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why oh why can’t they do the right thing and stream it on you tube? You would get more viewers and people can watch it through their tv which is far better. The app is rubbish. Sorry to moan but it is really ****ing me off.

As much as I agree with you, I think most are transitioning that way potentially for commercial or compliance reasons

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As much as I agree with you, I think most are transitioning that way potentially for commercial or compliance reasons
It's commercial but clubs don't have the infrastructure to do it successfully yet.

I they've jumped the gun trying to go on their own platform in the pursuit of cash.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Great chance there on the breakaway, not sure why our striker (Dani Angel?) tried to take it first time

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
I find it impossible to watch on the app most of the time. The picture is constantly freezing and buffering, plus the commentary keeps repeating itself / echoing, which is really annoying.

Count me as another one for the "just put it back on YouTube, FFS" group!

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Goal out of nowhere from Chelsea. Should never be getting that past the keeper

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Shame that lots of wolves pressure just before the goal too

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched on the App and I thought the young lads played well in patches. I think there are some very good young players in that team.

I think the thing that struck me was many of them look quick and look to pass it forward at pace. I know you can't compare a one off match and draw any real conclusions but I watched the under 21s game the other night and it was a poor game and I left a little deflated at the quality of many of them. The team tonight looked faster and better passers in general.

I really like the look of Caden Voice in the centre back, I thought he brought it out from the back with real pace. I will be really interest to see how he develops, a few others stood out as well.

I know some will be disappointed with the result, but to be in the final shows just how far we have come as an academy. Developing lots of good football league players to generate an income and I do believe some of these lads have a chance.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I watched on the App and I thought the young lads played well in patches. I think there are some very good young players in that team.

I think the thing that struck me was many of them look quick and look to pass it forward at pace. I know you can't compare a one off match and draw any real conclusions but I watched the under 21s game the other night and it was a poor game and I left a little deflated at the quality of many of them. The team tonight looked faster and better passers in general.

I really like the look of Caden Voice in the centre back, I thought he brought it out from the back with real pace. I will be really interest to see how he develops, a few others stood out as well.

I know some will be disappointed with the result, but to be in the final shows just how far we have come as an academy. Developing lots of good football league players to generate an income and I do believe some of these lads have a chance.
Caden did a few Coadyesque passes which were great holds the ball up well too can see why Gary likes him.

Back
Top Bottom