Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The u21 squad was one of the strongest and most exciting I have seen in the last couple of games. Good group in the u18's and u16's as well by all accounts. We certainly seem to have some exciting attacking players coming through the ranks in the Academy squads at present. Plenty of pace and skill.
Yes agree....it settles down this time of year....and you see the results come....and some players kick on......I'm normally stuck up for them October and November when the team changes every week and results are up and down, and some start moaning....

You can really look at the table with this new format cause everybody is playing different teams.....Man city are bottom and they are always top....I notice Spurs are top and they would have been relegated from league 1 had the both league not merged....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A mention for Marvin Kaleta as well. He has established himself in the u21's now and has been excellent at right back. Very attacking and two assists last night. One to keep an eye on. We got him from Liverpool academy when he was 15 I think.

Ty Barnett also apparently impressed last night. He has a load of ability. His free kick last night was excellent and unlucky not to go in but for an excellent save.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A mention for Marvin Kaleta as well. He has established himself in the u21's now and has been excellent at right back. Very attacking and two assists last night. One to keep an eye on. We got him from Liverpool academy when he was 15 I think.

Ty Barnett also apparently impressed last night. He has a load of ability. His free kick last night was excellent and unlucky not to go in but for an excellent save.
Kaleta was from man city I think......he benefitted the most from being chucked in earlier than expected in October..... struggle a bit at first but got better and better with every game....was a good learning curve for him.....

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The two standouts for me last night, JOS.. I wasn't expecting that level of performance from Marvin Kaleta, but he dominated that right flank going forward. He wasn't over-tested defensively, but he's certainly strong in the tackle and positionally sound.

Ty Barnett looked so comfortable on the ball, and appeared to be less wasteful than Chirewa when passing forwards, although Chirewa did work well in tandem with Kaleta.

Overall a very pleasing team performance IMV.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seem to be on a good run of producing RBs. Dexter, Kaleta and Wes Okoduwa is meant to be the best of the lot.
Shahar was a right back as well wasn't he? I wonder if they were happy to let him go for a fee because we have too many!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shahar was a right back as well wasn't he? I wonder if they were happy to let him go for a fee because we have too many!

He was a right back yes

Clearly having options helps, however I’m sure we’d have preferred to keep Leo given his promise

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was a right back yes

Clearly having options helps, however I’m sure we’d have preferred to keep Leo given his promise
It does make you wonder though. Never a bad thing having multiple promising right backs when our current right back is 30 now…

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi giant, is this a legit link as saying unsecure on my phone and only 2 t’s in twiter?
Yep sorry, I got in the habit early on of changing the x.com to twitter.com and just mistyped twitter (x.com didn’t always seem to display but twitter.com ones did) - seems that might not be an issue anymore, have corrected the link

Apologies

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is Edozie related to the Saints guy ?

Brother I think, I rate the guy at Saints, I think he is one of a few wide forwards who are standing out in the Champ along with Rowe, Whittaker, Clarke, all of them will probably be moving to the Prem this summer

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any chance he gets moved up an age group? Seems too easy for him.

And here lies a problem as Chiwome is also eligible for u18s but playing above. You move Angel up and Chiwome, Holman and Angel are limiting each others minutes

He’s very raw, I’d leave him where he is for now, with a view to filling in if required

Back
Top Bottom