Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

T

TheConcourse

The boys should be very proud of themselves. Controlled the ball 2nd half and gave it a really good go.

Very similar to the first team at times in terms of chance creation. Look good up until the box.

United front 2/3 had pretty good movement and pace.

For some of these boys it’s going to be one of the biggest moments of their career, and I’d like to think most are proud of their efforts - despite the odd muppet.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** off.

Furthest they’ve gone since 2005, some very promising young players. Started a bit slowly and made a couple of poor mistakes but they’ve done really well getting this far and have given a good account of themselves tonight too.
He's a baggies fan mate. Don't bother with the young man

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Beaten by the better team, and the occasion a little bit. A few lads for us didn’t do themselves justice, which is a shame but it’s what happens I guess. So proud of these lads though I think we have some real talent in the group and I’m looking forward to seeing them grow and develop.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed the night apart from the result , Dexter Lembikisa will play in the first team for sure

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enjoyed the night apart from the result , Dexter Lembikisa will play in the first team for sure
Would not be surprised if he was on the bench on Sunday. If he hadn’t played last night he would probably be on the bench tonight.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beaten by the better team, and the occasion a little bit. A few lads for us didn’t do themselves justice, which is a shame but it’s what happens I guess. So proud of these lads though I think we have some real talent in the group and I’m looking forward to seeing them grow and develop.
Yes, but there were some key differences, though. ManU looked far more comfortable on the ball and in possession, playing quick neat passes in triangles to move quickly up field. They also pressed us when we had possession and we looked a bit panicky then. We also looked to play long passes out of defence and midfield but lost possession which invited pressure on to us.
Does this sound familiar?
ManU could/should have scored 4 or 5 really whilst we did have a couple of decent chances inc hitting the post.
Fundamentally, ManU have been operating at this level for a long time and probably have the pick of the age group talent; we are doing well to be where we are and to have got this far. We have some good players - Lembikisa, Tipton etc but not enough of them. Again, sound familiar? ManU have a player who has just been picked for Argentina’s first team squad!
We are playing catch up but we do have some U18s players who will play professional football at a decent level.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well, I've really enjoyed watching them play in the Youth Cup, albeit on my laptop. Thoroughly enjoyed the games and I'd love to see a few of them on the first team bench before the end of the season, especially Dexter Lembikisa and Tyler Roberts. Absolutely certain those two will play for the first team one day

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There seems some good prospects in the squad.

Tyler Roberts looks a very good winger.

Nathan Fraiser is an absolute unit for his age but seems to be very skillful on the ball.

Ollie Tipton looked very good.

I've not watched much u18s or u23s if I'm honest but the foundations seem there to produce some very good players for us in the years to come, it takes a while for these to come fruition but hopefully we will see the benefits long term.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are an exciting group. Nathan Fraser looks like the type of striker that is very exciting if he develops big, quick and skilfill. Tyler Roberts is rapid and a threat. Also continue to be very impressed with Lembikisa, wouldn't be suprised if he gets more PL bench time and a good look by Lage in the summer.

SV1974

Reaction score
Still like to congratulate the U18 team for some really entertaining and exciting matches along the FA Youth Cup.
I've heard the U15 beat Manchester City last night 3-1 in the Premier League Floodlit Cup. If I got it right there in the semifinal now.
Thats correct, Our 15s are a good group and went away to City and won 3-1 Tuesday night, in the semi finals now.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't under-estimate home advantage shame it's only an one legged affair nowadays.
Thought Tipton was our MOM hell of a prospect.
Mason Rees also caught the eye was the youngest player for us ,I think I heard , and was really tidy on the ball.
I've been a big supporter of Griffiths previously but it wasn't his best game and his lack of pace may get in the way of his progress.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The u18s are in action again this morning away at Newcastle … 11am KO

Team:

Storer
Keto-Diyawa
Mabete
Kandola
Kaleta
Francis-Burrell
Ojinaka
Esen
Farmer
Roberts
Fraser

Subs

Amos
Ashworth
Hayden
Reynolds
Shahar

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Michael Harris… the young Derry striker we were rumoured to be signing has joined Colorado Rapids in the MLS

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Birtwistle and Lembikisia not in the squad today, wonder if they'll be in the squad for Everton

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Birtwistle and Lembikisia not in the squad today, wonder if they'll be in the squad for Everton
The u23s play Monday, so imagine they’re just being utilised for that otherwise they would have played Friday-Wednesday-<today>-Monday (then they play again Friday too)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The u18s are in action again this morning away at Newcastle … 11am KO

Team:

Storer
Keto-Diyawa
Mabete
Kandola
Kaleta
Francis-Burrell
Ojinaka
Esen
Farmer
Roberts
Fraser

Subs

Amos
Ashworth
Hayden
Reynolds
Shahar
1-0 down following a penalty, however Newcastle are now down to 10 men

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Conserve your strength Jos so you can get better. This is for all those who appreciate your input and for those who dont as they would have to choose a new scapegoat if you dont return.:D

Back
Top Bottom