Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

U18 & U23 news and info...

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Ronan and Matheson are involved still at Wolves . I always thought there was a decent player in Ronan when I saw him play a couple of games .
My records - which could be inaccurate! - show Ronan under contract until Summer 2024, and Matheson until Summer 2022.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Ronan and Matheson are involved still at Wolves . I always thought there was a decent player in Ronan when I saw him play a couple of games .
Both still contracted. Ronan just finished his season with Grasshoppers and Matheson was in the u23's but had a few injuries. Both will go out on loan next season for sure

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both still contracted to us (2024 and 2022 respectively) so I expect they will be loaned again, although Matheson is probably behind Hoever now so wouldn't be surprised to see him sold on.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yep ronan back from loan with grasshoppers, matheson with u23s

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matheson is so young and with a good personality. Be mad to sell him on, just loan him out to Rochdale for the season let him flourish where he knows

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

23 now is Ronan. Surely got to be shown the door at some point, will be the next Michael Hector if he's not careful

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Matheson is so young and with a good personality. Be mad to sell him on, just loan him out to Rochdale for the season let him flourish where he knows
Agree he didn’t get much game time at Ipswich then got injured be good for him to have another season on loan

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any news on whether Taylor Perry has signed a new deal?

@DDPPwolf313 do you know?
We took up our one year option on him. Hopefully a good loan and a new contract for him next season (my opinion, not ITK)

Currently Ronan, Sanderson, Buur and Shabani are back at Compton for rehab on injuries

Last edited:

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We took up our one year option on him. Hopefully a good loan and a new contract for him next season (my opinion, not ITK)

Currently Ronan, Sanderson, Buur and Shabani are back at Compton for rehab on injuries
There's isn't a one year option, his contracts up.

Offers on the table, expect he will sign this week and go out on loan shortly after. Not sure where yet but wants to play first team football.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Offers on the table, expect he will sign this week and go out on loan shortly after. Not sure where yet but wants to play first team football.
I hope he does sign. The few times I have watched the u23’s he has really stood out.

Do you think we’ll loan out otasowie ?

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks… was only summarising what I thought I’d read on the Wolves website but I guess I was wrong.

Good news that he’ll hopefully sign

D

Deleted member 11332

Absolutely the right decision, no point continually playing u23s football. Playing competitive action even in leagues 1/2 will benefit him much more than the former. He's got lovely technique so he'll make it at a decent level regardless but the loan will show exactly what he's got.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our under-18 squad (yes, I know several play for the U23s) have the following distribution of birthdays by month.

Jan - Joe O'Shaugnessy, Kam Kandola, Christian Marques, Jack Hodnett, Erik Bugarin (5)

Sep - Joe Young, Justin Hubner, Oliver Tipton, Hugo Bueno, Aaron Keto-Diyawa, Jack Scott, Amarie Brown, Jaden Forrester (8)

Oct - Jackson Smith, Nigel Lonwijk, Owen Hesketh (3)

Nov - Palmi Arinbjornsson, Dexter Lembikisa, Dean Pinnington, Faisu Sangare (4)

Dec - Harry Birtwistle, Chem Campbell, Tyler Roberts (3)

February to August inclusive - only Lee Harkin (born in May).

24 players under contract - hopefully not too many inaccuracies here - of whom only ONE has a birthday falling within seven of the 12 calendar months.

Spooky, eh?

OK, probably not and a complete waste of your time reading it, but it intrigued me.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Our under-18 squad (yes, I know several play for the U23s) have the following distribution of birthdays by month.

Jan - Joe O'Shaugnessy, Kam Kandola, Christian Marques, Jack Hodnett, Erik Bugarin (5)

Sep - Joe Young, Justin Hubner, Oliver Tipton, Hugo Bueno, Aaron Keto-Diyawa, Jack Scott, Amarie Brown, Jaden Forrester (8)

Oct - Jackson Smith, Nigel Lonwijk, Owen Hesketh (3)

Nov - Palmi Arinbjornsson, Dexter Lembikisa, Dean Pinnington, Faisu Sangare (4)

Dec - Harry Birtwistle, Chem Campbell, Tyler Roberts (3)

February to August inclusive - only Lee Harkin (born in May).

24 players under contract - hopefully not too many inaccuracies here - of whom only ONE has a birthday falling within seven of the 12 calendar months.

Spooky, eh?

OK, probably not and a complete waste of your time reading it, but it intrigued me.

Wasn't there a comedy sketch like this once, I wanna say Mike Bassett????

All the players to the right born August-December (whole squad) and everyone else to the left (no-one)

Making a point of the fact that the older kids in the school years - who tend to be the biggest, are the ones that get spotted by the football scouts.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No updates yet on the fresh batch of u18's for this coming season?

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Marvin Kaleta who was on trial briefly for the u18s last season has joined permanently. He’s a defender/ (fullback/wingback?) and joins us from Man City after he was released.

edit… right sided I believe
A few players in the last couple of years have joined us from Man City. Not a bad team to pick up signings from I guess!

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few players in the last couple of years have joined us from Man City. Not a bad team to pick up signings from I guess!

Indeed, two so far this summer. Appreciate it was a while back but wonder if Scott Sellars still has decent contacts there from his time as academy coach.

Can only think of Ed Francis prior to that in recent times… he didn’t work out too well.

are there any others?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Indeed, two so far this summer. Can only think of Ed Francis prior to that in recent times… he didn’t work out too well.

are there any others?
Diallo and Wayne Hennessey also spring to mind

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed, two so far this summer. Appreciate it was a while back but wonder if Scott Sellars still has decent contacts there from his time as academy coach.

Can only think of Ed Francis prior to that in recent times… he didn’t work out too well.

are there any others?
Ed Francis epitomises the gap from academy football to senior football. He looked brilliant in the u23's at times and then had to drop to league 2 to play. Ive watched a lot of the u23's the last 20 years it's why I don't get excited when the next "wonder kid" is announced. Last season when fans were clambering for Corbeanu and ottasowie to start for the first team, neither are ready for that

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ed Francis epitomises the gap from academy football to senior football. He looked brilliant in the u23's at times and then had to drop to league 2 to play. Ive watched a lot of the u23's the last 20 years it's why I don't get excited when the next "wonder kid" is announced. Last season when fans were clambering for Corbeanu and ottasowie to start for the first team, neither are ready for that
So true, you only have to watch the Papa John's pizza games to see how big the gap is between PL and u21 players

Fans always expect our kids to beat L1 or L2 sides. If our kids were good enough to do that, then they would already be on loan at those clubs

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So true, you only have to watch the Papa John's pizza games to see how big the gap is between PL and u21 players

Fans always expect our kids to beat L1 or L2 sides. If our kids were good enough to do that, then they would already be on loan at those clubs
The other problem being there playing physically stronger guys often with plenty of footballing know how.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other problem being there playing physically stronger guys often with plenty of footballing know how.
That's the issue that people don't get. A year 30 year old with 10 plus years of experience is a real leveller against some kids. Might not have anywhere near as much talent but that experience counts for a lot

Back
Top Bottom