Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

TOTI

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we play a 4 again it has to be Toti and Bueno for me

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our most important player!

Is he? I understand the point that the Telegraph is making, but not in a month of Sundays is he our 'most important player', although he is certainly worth his place in the side, unlike Citeh's 'most valuable player', Grealish. The Grealish inclusion, just shows how flawed this process is, as if he is Citeh's most valuable player ahead of Foden, or De Bruyne or Haaland, then I'm watching a different game to the author of this article.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's really interesting, I do have to say the lad has made the most of his opportunity. He is becoming a very good player, he rarely gets beaten for pace and does display good skill. He is a real find.

It also proves the value in looking at the better players from the relegated sides - Brownhill, Hamer, and Doughty would really strengthen this squad.

The same principles could be applied to the better players that fail in the championship play offs.

I know we are not going to have a lot of money, but once we have fixed the Striker issue spending a bit on squad depth should be possible.

Let hope we can find another couple like Toti, unsung hero's.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It never seems to work when we try to attack and sacrifice Toti...it's tends to result in a bigger loss...

The Doherty for Toti sub against Coventry was awful and in my opinion cost us the match...
I’m not an advocate of a back 4. But if we did play a 4 I’d be interested in seeing it with Toti remaining as one of the two cb’s. Perhaps partnering Dawson who could give him some guidance.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not an advocate of a back 4. But if we did play a 4 I’d be interested in seeing it with Toti remaining as one of the two cb’s. Perhaps partnering Dawson who could give him some guidance.
We generally play a back 4 in game , most games with toti as the left back as such...for me that's all we can do...we remove any of the 3 centre back wem too open, especially for the premier league....it showed against Coventry....2 of any of centre backs isn't enough....

We are a better physical aggressive team with Toti....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We generally play a back 4 in game , most games with toti as the left back as such...for me that's all we can do...we remove any of the 3 centre back wem too open, especially for the premier league....it showed against Coventry....2 of any of centre backs isn't enough....

We are a better physical aggressive team with Toti....
Yes I realise this.
I’m just saying if we were to play a genuine back 4 then it would be interesting to have Toti as one of the centre backs, rather than the left back. It often seems our Achilles heel in a 4 is the lack of pace centrally.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I realise this.
I’m just saying if we were to play a genuine back 4 then it would be interesting to have Toti as one of the centre backs, rather than the left back. It often seems our Achilles heel in a 4 is the lack of pace centrally.
People wouldn't like it but for me with our current lack of forward options I would look at a proper back 5 for some games , with Semedo Dawson, Santi , kilman and Toti ....get it might seem negative but keeping the back door shut would be the best option for points , with our lack of firepower. It's what I would do tomorrow but obviously if Dawson is absent we can't...

For me that would give us the best chance of a few 1-0 wins....

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It never seems to work when we try to attack and sacrifice Toti...it's tends to result in a bigger loss...

The Doherty for Toti sub against Coventry was awful and in my opinion cost us the match...
This is spot on- every time we take Toti out eg Brentford and Coventry it simply doesn't work.

That's why he has the best Points Per Game of any of our players. When he isn't playing, we miss his pace, strength, defensive focus and simply aren't as competitive.

Anyone who thinks RAN or Bueno should play LB in a back 4 ahead of Toti hasn't watched much football over the last few years. All the top teams now regularly play with a third CB at full back - think Gvardiol, White, Konsa, Burn, Joe Gomez.

Toti is our exponent of that - and he's brilliant at it!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People wouldn't like it but for me with our current lack of forward options I would look at a proper back 5 for some games , with Semedo Dawson, Santi , kilman and Toti ....get it might seem negative but keeping the back door shut would be the best option for points , with our lack of firepower. It's what I would do tomorrow but obviously if Dawson is absent we can't...

For me that would give us the best chance of a few 1-0 wins....
I absolutely agree. The current injuries mean that pragmatism is key.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely agree. The current injuries mean that pragmatism is key.
It all depends on what people want....do they want points or the other side of the argument is do we use the remainder of the season to plan etc.....for instance I would love to see say Hugo Bueno and Bouba to get quite a few minutes so we can have a look for the future but I'm not sure that's the best way to get immediate results....

I think the next week or so we probably need to be pragmatic at least...

Back
Top Bottom