Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

TOTI

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he’s been poor for a few games (coinciding with Doc coming in!). He gets caught out positionally on a consistent basis and has to use his pace to get out of trouble. Hes a natural athlete but I don’t see much of a “brain” in him. Much like his two colleagues he’s never ever playing in a back 4, they need a 5 to balance out the individual gaps in their game. It’s been said multiple times by multiple posters but if we ever do want to progress to a back 4, I’m not convinced we have one centre back in the building I’d have confidence in for it.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Need a lot more pace in defence all around if we moved to a back 4. They all look suspect once turned and running towards their own goal.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me he’s been poor for a few games (coinciding with Doc coming in!). He gets caught out positionally on a consistent basis and has to use his pace to get out of trouble. Hes a natural athlete but I don’t see much of a “brain” in him. Much like his two colleagues he’s never ever playing in a back 4, they need a 5 to balance out the individual gaps in their game. It’s been said multiple times by multiple posters but if we ever do want to progress to a back 4, I’m not convinced we have one centre back in the building I’d have confidence in for it.

He was being instructed to close down all over the pitch. O'Neil has consistently spoke about this tactical instruction.

We can't then berate him for being out of position.

He is the spare defender asked to close down the spare midfielder when we are outnumbered in the middle.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score

New contract to 2029.
Good for him! He's come a long way from Grasshoppers and he's taken his chance well indeed.

His hybrid role of LB/LCB suits him well - he's relatively fast, strong in the air, physical. His next leveling up is to improve his decision-making and passing.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Got a new contract, must be cause he's always out of position and not listening to his tactical instructions.

I'll hold my hands up and admit I criticised him when he first joined the first team. His passing statistics were poor for this level, somewhere in the 60% accuracy I think.

But the way he has grown in confidence under Gazza, unreal.

Taking it round people now, overlapping at the right times.

One of our most in form players currently.

Links with Madrid recently and 5 games ago I'd of laughed, now though...

Last edited:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant news. I think RAN stands out as another that's earned a new contract, two years left on his deal after this season. Lemina's contract is also due to expire in 2025, he'll be 31 when it expires but he keeps himself in unbelievable shape, I'd hope we can add another couple of years to that deal otherwise clubs will come sniffing. Get those two sorted and we're in good stead going into the summer.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brilliant news. I think RAN stands out as another that's earned a new contract, two years left on his deal after this season. Lemina's contract is also due to expire in 2025, he'll be 31 when it expires but he keeps himself in unbelievable shape, I'd hope we can add another couple of years to that deal otherwise clubs will come sniffing. Get those two sorted and we're in good stead going into the summer.

Toti is a very popular player too, can only help with the rest.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
For those who like to bring up the Fabio, Guedes, and Trincao loan/transfer deals, I give you Toti (€789k), Kilman (less than that), and Tommy Doyle (€5 million option). Hwang (€14 million), Sa (€8 million), Lemina (€11 million), and RAN (€11.5 million) are huge bargains, compared to the outlay.

Anyway, Toti has been great - love the passion and he still has room to improve!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who like to bring up the Fabio, Guedes, and Trincao loan/transfer deals, I give you Toti (€789k), Kilman (less than that), and Tommy Doyle (€5 million option). Hwang (€14 million), Sa (€8 million), Lemina (€11 million), and RAN (€11.5 million) are huge bargains, compared to the outlay.

Anyway, Toti has been great - love the passion and he still has room to improve!
The Buenos, Mosquera and Traore were all reasonably priced too and have a lot of potential!

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's done very well

However..

His distribution is starting to scare me again, as one of the weaknesses of this team over this successful period, although we have gotten away with it.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
The Buenos, Mosquera and Traore were all reasonably priced too and have a lot of potential!
Agreed there. I mean Hugo Bueno is all profit and he's probably worth double digit in millions of pounds right now. I'm looking forward to Mosquera kicking on (he was about €5 million I believe).

Santi Bueno is a good buy - I'm not sure he's quick enough for a starting job in the Prem; but he did a decent job against Brentford. Traore needs to stay healthy, because it's going to be difficult to get minutes with how the midfield is playing right now. We won't lose any money on him though.

Chiquinho (< €4 million) was promising before that Burnley player took him out in the preseason--he's relatively pacey, strong, and has a great cross.

We haven't even mentioned Joao Gomes either - his stock has already risen in less than one season played. This level of player (~€18 million) is how we should recruit ready for first team action straight away. Yuri Alberto is about the same and I would expect him to challenge for a forward spot if we brought him in.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
He's done very well

However..

His distribution is starting to scare me again, as one of the weaknesses of this team over this successful period, although we have gotten away with it.
Let's see if his distribution gets better with RAN back in the side. But, he can be shaky on the ball and needs to improve--at least he usually recovers well.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's done very well

However..

I was watching him quite closely the past few games, and though there's some heart-in-the-mouth moments with him [and our defence generally], he's actually pretty consistently sharp with his passing and movement. And he's nimble as you like, despite being built like a tree.

He's already very good indeed, and I think he's going to become a major player for us for a long time.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Toti. He does look shaky at times, but hes a great player to have around. Every squad needs players like him who come in and do their job. Being fair to him, he's never really had that many bad games in the time he has been here.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Deserves a new deal and 5.5 years means we should get a good fee in a couple of years when we move him on.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it be lovely if he rounds off the new contract tomorrow by crippling Maupay and heading home the winner!!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Brighton had signed Kilman and Toti for the same price we did the media would all over it.

The one good thing Bruno Lage did was give him a chance.
Only one though... (chance that is!). How he decided that Neves at centre back in a back three was a better option than Toti (and have Neves further up the pitch) was anyone's guess

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Brighton had signed Kilman and Toti for the same price we did the media would all over it.

The one good thing Bruno Lage did was give him a chance.
Maybe my memory is fading, but didn't Lage start Neves ahead of him at CB v West Ham? I don't recall him being given much of a chance by Lage.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots to like with Toti. His enthusiasm is infectious, he’s big and athletic. Unfortunately he has the same football brain as Adama had. Reminds me of Lauren who played for Arsenal, he’s fine as long as he doesn’t have time to think!

Back
Top Bottom