Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Topping the 30,000 mark

P

PeteWolf

OK, so I think I'm right in saying that next year with the new North Bank open that Molineux's capacity will be just over 31,000, correct?

Wouldn't it be a great way to start the season if for the first game the club could pull out all the stops with publicity and ticket offers to see that we can pull in a crowd of over 30,000 and make a bit of a statement about intending to get back up with a landmark attendance that should hit the headlines as possibly the biggest of the day (assuming the PL kicks off later).

It would be the first time since March '81 that we've pulled in over that many, so whilst I know it's against Jez's beliefs to give anything whatsoever to the fans without looking at the cost over the value, it would be great to see it happen and try and start the season on a positive note.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot will be on holiday so attendances then tend not to be th ehighest.

P

PeteWolf

Which is why it would be a great time to really go for it and put some offers on to not only get the families in, but combine it with a day of student discounts, season ticket holders bring a friend for a tenner, etc.

Push the boat out and be creative for a change with the ticketing policy and take a possible slight loss to grab a headline and boost positivity around the club from the start.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Good shout mate. Would be great to see the ground full with 30,000+ in the sunshine.

Perfect way to start the season and hopefully a long, successful reign for the new Manager.

O

Oxford_Wolf

With us going down I guess that the temporary stand will be removed as it's only rented

J

Jungleee

Will create a lot of expectation! This could have devastating consequences!

S

SimplyTheWolves

I totally agree PeteWolf, if the club want good healthy attendances next season we have to start of on the right foot (unless your left footed of course).

To be able to command good attendances we have to show initiatives, such as allow all accompanied under 11s in free, reduce adult ticket prices to an absolute affordable minimum, and a few others. When will this club realise that the more they get in the more are likely to return, and consequently the club earn more in the long run.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice thought, let's hope Jez is on the same lines.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club are going to have to be very creative next season in match to match ticketing .

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very good idea. Who wants to give Jezza a call? Personally I've never seen a wolves crowd that large (apart from cardiff) and would be great to see.

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see on SSN just that Brighton have had plans approved to already expand the Amex stadium and 5000 seats will be going in over the summer taking it to just over 30,000!!!!!.
Difference is they have a manger most of us wouldn't mind, if we make the wrong appointment this summer all the marketing and ticket offers will count for $$$$ all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
The season is late starting this year 18th August (the weekend after the Olympics finishes) - which also happens to be the weekend of the V Festival, and the weekend after this is August Bank Holiday, so this may affect attendance both weekends whether home or away.

Purple Ronnie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I assume the new capacity includes the "temp" stand

Do we actually own the temp stand or is it hired

S

Sandwell Wolf

Moxey in creative marketing exercise in order to increase ticket sales and do a good bit of PR for the club.

Yeah $$$$ing right.

S

SimplyTheWolves

I can't get my head around the renting of the temporary stand. How is it that we have to rent scaffolding and planks when we are owned by a builder. :hmmmm2:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could not sell out v Man City?! Home to Peterborough 4 months later, in the height of a recession, those that had some cash will have just got back from holidays, schools starting up and you are seriously suggesting we could fill the new Molineux? Are you on drugs?!

S

Sandwell Wolf

We could not sell out v Man City?! Home to Peterborough 4 months later, in the height of a recession, those that had some cash will have just got back from holidays, schools starting up and you are seriously suggesting we could fill the new Molineux? Are you on drugs?!

Cheapest ticket in the ground against Man City was over £35 when you include booking fee and postage for the ticket.

Are tickets against Peterborough going to be anywhere near that price? Of course they aren't.

A bit of creative ticket pricing (say two adults for £40 with a free pint each or something) and they'd fly out the door. Moxey is too thick to do anything like that though.

S

SimplyTheWolves

Come to think of it northnorfolkwolf you may be right? And it may sound even dafter but just for the very first game why don't they do the unthinkable and let everyone free. A kind of sorry for last season and a real insentive to pack the place out.

PS. No I'm not on drugs, not even after this shambles of a season.

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
:cool:
Come to think of it northnorfolkwolf you may be right? And it may sound even dafter but just for the very first game why don't they do the unthinkable and let everyone free. A kind of sorry for last season and a real insentive to pack the place out.

PS. No I'm not on drugs, not even after this shambles of a season.

You really are on drugs if you think Moxey would even contemplate such an innovative idea. For what it's worth, I think that would be a fantastic gesture to build some bridges so long as they gave something to the ST holders..

D

Deleted member 4023

Like you say, it would be an opportunity to 'build bridges' with the fans again - unfortunately for Jez - thats ' a bridge too far'

T

TonySoprano

Which is why it would be a great time to really go for it and put some offers on to not only get the families in, but combine it with a day of student discounts, season ticket holders bring a friend for a tenner, etc.

Push the boat out and be creative for a change with the ticketing policy and take a possible slight loss to grab a headline and boost positivity around the club from the start.

Not a prayer that scumbag would offer extra student discount. He tried it against Colchester at home on a Tuesday night I think it was a few years back and didn't do it again because of the low uptake.

Did the daft $$$$ expect it to work for such an unattractive game or did he do it purposely knowing full well there would be a low uptake and could use that as an argument to not offer such incentives again? :rolleyes:

R

reanswolf

We have obliterated our fanbase over the last 3 premiership seasons via our pricing for non ST holders, a critical time to attract a new fanbase. If you had asked me dduring our first premiership season, the potential for 30000 plus gates was easily there but sorry Moxey's pricing structure has demolished interest from the casual fan. Far too many of you have failed to see this occurring before your own eyes because you only see as far as the hardcore ST holder. Sorry I know that sounds patronising, ST holders are the best fans and shoul dbe treated best of all, but it is crucial to think outside the box.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's little chance they will offer discounts straight away, they will probably see how crowds begin before deciding what offers to use. They'll hope a decent start will start to bring the fans back and no need to offer too much.

I expect that standard prices next season will just be the Cat B PL prices, so in essence match by match supporters will be paying the same to watch Peterborough, Hull and Watford next season as they were to watch Everton, Villa and Newcastle this season. I also expect they'll use the 4 for £40 offer next season for a lot of games, otherwise they may as well shut the SB Lower if it's not in use by away fans.

Sub 20k audience opening home game I think and a sign of things to come....

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fri Aug 10th - Live on SKY - Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Carlisle / MK Dons?

You wouldn't get 30k with free tickets!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
As with most things Wolves-related at the moment, a lot will depend on who the next Manager is. A positive appointment which captures the imagination would, along with keeping our best players and bringing in a few exciting signings, really help with the early season attendances.

If it's Connor (which I am certain it won't be) then I think we will be hovering around and below the 20,000 mark.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the big boys roll into town like Leeds, West Ham (I think they'll blow it), Forest, either of the Sheffield clubs, Blues?, Villa? if the prices are right we'll be pushing capacity if the team is performing.

Remember the capacity will be 31,700 but we will never get that. The Steve Bull lower held 3,200 back in the day but after the building work and the netting it holds 2,300 now.

J

JR's Boots

With only 12K season ticket holders and 17K tickets to sell per match, Wolves have an ideal opportunity to try and attract a new fan base with more flexible pricing. However for that we need an enlightened CEO who understands football....Oh well.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have obliterated our fanbase over the last 3 premiership seasons via our pricing for non ST holders, a critical time to attract a new fanbase. If you had asked me dduring our first premiership season, the potential for 30000 plus gates was easily there but sorry Moxey's pricing structure has demolished interest from the casual fan. Far too many of you have failed to see this occurring before your own eyes because you only see as far as the hardcore ST holder. Sorry I know that sounds patronising, ST holders are the best fans and shoul dbe treated best of all, but it is crucial to think outside the box.

Spot on. The short-termism has been incredible to see.

It should be a sackable offence in any normal business, but Moxey seems confident he can ride out any fiasco.

The spell in the Championship should be used to attract some fans back, but one of the problems is that the gate money actually becomes more crucial without the Sky money.

49badger

Offering competetive ticket prices without alienating early birders difficult balancing act, best of luck Jez.

F

Forever Wolves

The problem the club have is that they have to be very careful with season ticket holders who have already purchased for next season.
I've purchased mine and my sons season ticket for next year, personally if they offered every game for a tenner for adults I'd moan like hell, full ground or not.

They should have held off announcing any season ticket prices for next season until we knew what division we were in and then priced accordingly. They've made a rod for their own back.......... again.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many on here, including me, have often queried the ridiculous and damaging pricing policy, by both the GL generally and WWFC specifically.

It is more evidence of muddled thinking to put it kindly.

We have heard referneces to the 'Emiritisation' of Molineux, WV1 at thousands a throw, all drooled over by Morgan and Moxey.

Meanwhile the elephant trumpeteing in the corner has not been heard.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many on here, including me, have often queried the ridiculous and damaging pricing policy, by both the GL generally and WWFC specifically.

It is more evidence of muddled thinking to put it kindly.

We have heard referneces to the 'Emiritisation' of Molineux, WV1 at thousands a throw, all drooled over by Morgan and Moxey.

Meanwhile the elephant trumpeteing in the corner has not been heard.

Is there going to be a terrace bar facillity in the new stand? Just a standard bar fans can go an drink in at half time without having to pay a grand a season?

D

dazmanwolf

Best they reduce ticket prices....they will never fill it IMO!

R

reanswolf

With only 12K season ticket holders and 17K tickets to sell per match, Wolves have an ideal opportunity to try and attract a new fan base with more flexible pricing. However for that we need an enlightened CEO who understands football....Oh well.

This.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
im sure i'll be in a minority but i always see my season ticket as a way of ensuring my seat and that i will be in the same seat every game not as a way of discounting my ticket cost.

so if there are offers that mean a ticket is cheaper than what i have paid im not that bothered as i have already secured my seat and do not run the risk of not getting a ticket.

Surely that was always the point of season tickets?

R

reanswolf

I admire your outlook Bod but it is crucial to ensure those most loyal fans - ST holders - feel they are most valued. No doubt.

But this outdated concept at Wolves that all others are ripe for financial exploitation is so damaging. So if early birders are paying £375 for early commitment, non early birders should pay more. But not £528, something like £400.

It remains to be seen what next seasons Season ticket prices will be but unless they are about £400 for an adult, who on earth is going to be tempted? Remember the most dedicated have already purchased.

Match prices need to be above the cost of early bird ST equivalent but still competitive for the division, the region and for the age group. Wolves to their credit, have opened early bird prices and under 21 prices too, but its taken them far too long to smell the coffee. Just what is the point of a 31000 capacity? Surely they understand crowd trends by actually looking at the way our gates have dwindled?

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£375 for an early bird behind the goals, I expect Summer Prices to be £425-£450, which works out at a shade under £20 per match so the cheapest match by match prices they can really do is the Cat B prices currently (£24 behind the goals).

The club have disenchanted so many of their supporters by pricing them out and empty promises I fear whatever offers they put on it's going to take more than the odd 4 for 40 or kids for a quid to get them back.

Back
Top Bottom