Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tommy Doyle

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle has been great but I don't think he's at Gomes level yet. Lots of good options to choose from now though!
He's completely different player to Gomes, who's very similar to Lemina. I'd prefer Doyles passing ability next to Lemina, but love what Gomes brings too!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see Doyle growing and growing with us. It would be neat if we could get McAtee off City too next summer. What a magnificent strike tonight against Brentford.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems to be clicking with him now. He’s got the ability and now his confidence is meaning even more class is coming out of him.

optimuswolf

Reaction score
He's completely different player to Gomes, who's very similar to Lemina. I'd prefer Doyles passing ability next to Lemina, but love what Gomes brings too!
Could.....wait for it.....could....we play 4 at the back with the better control offered by those three?

I suspect we're still lacking pace at centre half, but they'd have pretty good cover in front.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could.....wait for it.....could....we play 4 at the back with the better control offered by those three?

I suspect we're still lacking pace at centre half, but they'd have pretty good cover in front.
Obviously we "could" I suppose it would depend on the opposition. We'd probably get pulled apart by the top teams. I wouldn't be against it for lower prem teams

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you see his goal?!

Yes, not a flair player normally, but a goal with a lot of flair!!!
Haven’t seen his goal to be honest, but will have a look.

He looked a good player a few seasons ago, but just looks very powder puff to me and he’s very injury prone as well.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be madness to start dropping Gomes, he is going to be a great player and going to the very top.
I love Gomes, but think Doyle can too. Doyle just offers something that neither Mario or Joao do, who as I said before are both very similar.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's very much a squad game these days, which players are required depends on the opposition and how the match is going, its great to have options.
100% agree, I just feel TD would be better for us in more of them than with either Mario or Joao.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Gomes, but think Doyle can too. Doyle just offers something that neither Mario or Joao do, who as I said before are both very similar.
It’s a balancing act I suppose. I see TD having a much longer wolves career but I think Gomes will be the next big sale after Neto. In 18 months time if he keeps improving as he is, he’ll be one of the top defensive midfielders in the league.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a balancing act I suppose. I see TD having a much longer wolves career but I think Gomes will be the next big sale after Neto. In 18 months time if he keeps improving as he is, he’ll be one of the top defensive midfielders in the league.
Yep, I could see that too. I'm not normally one for effusive praise, but I think Doyle is in a similar bracket. However he's more in the Neves mould rather than a midfield destroyer.

One thing I don't think anyone would disagree on, is we now have our strongest midfield, probably in my life time and I'm 45.

Back
Top Bottom