Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
International football has gone down hill something awful Imo. It’s become too technical, tactical and physical for its own good.

Pretty much every game I watch is just a bore fest. Probably something to do with having so much available to watch on TV.

I mean, why do they even bother letting San Marino, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, etc, play? It’s just pointless and even if, by some absolute miracle, they did qualify, nobody wants them at the finals anyway.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
International football has gone down hill something awful Imo. It’s become too technical, tactical and physical for its own good.

Pretty much every game I watch is just a bore fest. Probably something to do with having so much available to watch on TV.

I mean, why do they even bother letting San Marino, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, etc, play? It’s just pointless and even if, by some absolute miracle, they did qualify, nobody wants them at the finals anyway.

Might as well just put the top 8 of the prem into the FA Cup while we’re at it?

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Croatia usually win these ..

Spain win on penalties.

Good ones taken generally except from Laporte .

2 missed by Croatia were well saved too .

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Canada vs USA in Nations final now on.
Probably going to see Canadian Johnathan Davis move to the PL this summer.

well, Canada lost. We better improve before the next WC.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with this. I very rarely watch international football. I find it to be monotonous most of the time.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agree with this. I very rarely watch international football. I find it to be monotonous most of the time.
I know everyone thinks their era was the best but I really do think the game was a better spectacle back in the 70’s and 80’s.

I recently rewatched the 82 semi-final between Germany and France. What a different game it was then. Sure there were plenty of bad fouls but there was no rolling around for 5 minutes. The players couldn’t get up quick enough to keep the game flowing. Just looking to advance the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible to create a chance.

None of the shirt pulling and wrestling men to the ground at corners, etc. Of course there was the horrendous decision to leave the German keeper on the pitch after his assault on Battiston but that aside what a game. It had everything. Not to mention the equally thrilling, Italy vs Brazil game.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know everyone thinks their era was the best but I really do think the game was a better spectacle back in the 70’s and 80’s.

I recently rewatched the 82 semi-final between Germany and France. What a different game it was then. Sure there were plenty of bad fouls but there was no rolling around for 5 minutes. The players couldn’t get up quick enough to keep the game flowing. Just looking to advance the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible to create a chance.

None of the shirt pulling and wrestling men to the ground at corners, etc. Of course there was the horrendous decision to leave the German keeper on the pitch after his assault on Battiston but that aside what a game. It had everything. Not to mention the equally thrilling, Italy vs Brazil game.

Schumacher should have been in court for that assault. Probably one of the worst fouls I have ever seen.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score

Watched the replay this morning…US outplayed the Canadians even without McKennie and Dest. I thought Canada would be favorites because of those suspensions.

Balogun looked pretty good, scored a goal, another cleared off the line, and was taking up good positions all match—would love for Wolves to pick him up. Out of our price range, I’m sure.

Jonathan David was pretty anonymous which was too bad because I was interested to see him play.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Watched the replay this morning…US outplayed the Canadians even without McKennie and Dest. I thought Canada would be favorites because of those suspensions.

Balogun looked pretty good, scored a goal, another cleared off the line, and was taking up good positions all match—would love for Wolves to pick him up. Out of our price range, I’m sure.

Jonathan David was pretty anonymous which was too bad because I was interested to see him play.
Canada we’re pretty bad although my wife and I thought we’d lose as we’re were weak against Panama.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How come Kane didn't go off the field of play following bad collision of heads.
Thought it was protocol that they are required to leave the pitch and get properly assessed.??

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Canada were dreadful. This group of players peaked in WC qualifications and now needs 1-2 years to reform. A couple of decent CB's are badly needed and probably a new manager with new ideas.

As for USA, they were never going to be as poor as they were during qualifying. Quite a number of decent young professionals that will be in Europe soon if they arent already. Don't see Canada or Mexico challenging them for a while yet.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Oh, how the other half live. Wales down to 10 men in Turkey (0-0). How could a defence which included Davies, Rodon & Mepham manage to concede 4 against the mighty Armenia? Don't answer. Gibraltar & Kazakhstan holding Ireland and N Ireland respectively.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Canada were dreadful. This group of players peaked in WC qualifications and now needs 1-2 years to reform. A couple of decent CB's are badly needed and probably a new manager with new ideas.

As for USA, they were never going to be as poor as they were during qualifying. Quite a number of decent young professionals that will be in Europe soon if they arent already. Don't see Canada or Mexico challenging them for a while yet.
Pretty much what my wife and I said last night. Has Herdman taken us as far as he can……there was a lot of sloppiness last night.
Time to act now for the next WC.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Opposition aren’t much but some excellent goals by England.

Ruthless .

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought that this was going to be a difficult game , but that was about as perfect a performance as I have seen from England in a long, long time! :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom