Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roma made the Europa league final this season and it was mentioned every week that they won the conference last season.

If you didn’t know that then clearly you have little interest in these competitions which is fair enough but plenty have really enjoyed them and value their worth.

I’m struggling to see how you can offer an opinion for other people?
After how long on the Mix? You are a kidder lol.
I agree by the way, speaking for "everyone" is really irritating.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still remember our great European campaign in 1972. We beat Juventus and Ferencvaros on route to the final. And we should have beat Tottenham in the final. In the second leg Waggy was at his mercurial best, but the chances he created weren’t taken.

Will I ever see Wolves in a European final again. I hope so, but time is running out.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham United won more games in the Europa Conference League (12) than in the Premier League this season (11), the first time ever an English side has won more games in European competition than in the league in a single season.

Silly stat haha

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
West Ham United won more games in the Europa Conference League (12) than in the Premier League this season (11), the first time ever an English side has won more games in European competition than in the league in a single season.

Silly stat haha
They clearly prioritised that competition and fair play to them. They also stuck with Moyes even when he was under a lot of pressure

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never really been that impressed with Declan Rice, however for all the fact last night was a poor game, I thought he was immense, and afterwards it was clear how much he cares for that club, changed my opinion of him completely.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never really been that impressed with Declan Rice, however for all the fact last night was a poor game, I thought he was immense, and afterwards it was clear how much he cares for that club, changed my opinion of him completely.
Has a captain's quality about him.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still remember our great European campaign in 1972. We beat Juventus and Ferencvaros on route to the final. And we should have beat Tottenham in the final. In the second leg Waggy was at his mercurial best, but the chances he created weren’t taken.

Will I ever see Wolves in a European final again. I hope so, but time is running out.
I agree with you Frank. I was at both legs of the final and there was nothing between the two teams overall. The Ferencvaros game at Molineux was a real nail biter with Phil Parkes reprising his first leg heroics by saving yet another penalty.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing load of their fans going to the trophy parade whilst I'm going home. Argh... one day....

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham wanted to wear their normal strip for the cup presentation but UEFA refused and also refused to give a reason,once again confirming what a bunch of clowns they are.
They should have just put it on. What were UEFA going to do, not present the trophy?
Precedent was set years ago, Barcelona did it the1992 European cup final, and probably been done since by others. More UEFA nonsense. :mad:

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should have just put it on. What were UEFA going to do, not present the trophy?
Precedent was set years ago, Barcelona did it the1992 European cup final, and probably been done since by others. More UEFA nonsense. :mad:
You have to remember West Ham are an English side so they would have been hammered as it's the custom of UEFA.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soccer Aid for UNICEF on ITV at the moment. Better entertainment than I expected. England 2 World XI 2 currently at 63 minutes gone. Robbie Keane just equalised for World XI.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What you on about nations reputation?! Talk about over the top yet again....

A few idiot West Ham fans throwing stuff doesn't even represent the behaviour by most West Ham fans in Prague let alone English football fans as a whole.
Completely lazy stereotype as most have behaved (unlike Ultras before the game but that's another discussion).

Like you said the idiots will get dealt and that's that...
Absolutely. Otherwise what does the crap Anthony Taylor got at the airport say about Italian fans???

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could argue that the crowded fixture list is why their domestic form has suffered this season though.
Yet too many folk on here were so quick to slag off Nuno when we were in the exact same situation with COVID added to boot....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Soccer Aid for UNICEF on ITV at the moment. Better entertainment than I expected. England 2 World XI 2 currently at 63 minutes gone. Robbie Keane just equalised for World XI.
Karen Carney best player on the pitch.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The four semi finalist were Fiorentina, Basel, West Ham and AZ Alkmaar. Last year the winners were Roma, a victory that sparked city wide celebrations.

Not sure how we, as fans of a club who has won nothing for decades, can belittle a competition.
Agreed

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was the Europa League, this is the Europa Conference League, two different tournaments, pal.
....and, had we finished 7th this season, it's the one that we'd have been in next season. Tell me that you would have had no interest and l will straight out say BS. Most of the opposition which we faced in the early rounds of the Europa League were hardly big names.....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can we sign Paddy McGuinness to replace Jose Sa?!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What does that say about us in 19/20? 7th best team in England, we went mental when we beat bottom of La Liga Espanyols reserves, couldn’t beat Braga despite having 2 goes, were outplayed by Olympiakos and lost to Sevilla in the QF hardly having a kick.

Yet some act like it was one of the most incredible achievements in football history.

The sour grapes are off the scale.
I can't and wouldn't argue any of that.... The appropriate word is hypocrisy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's ****ing piece of silverware, who cares who competed in the competition to win it. A ****ing European tour again, I'd be Celebrating for weeks if we won it, no interest in the competition if we're not involved, but **** me, another tour!
Abso-bloody-lutely

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For the fans, it must be brilliant, and ultimately football is for the fans. Don’t mind West Ham either, proper club not too dissimilar to ourselves in many ways.

The belittling of people belittling the achievement though is silly. It would be harder for the English entrants not to win this, such is the level of competition.

Would I be bothered what other fans thought though if this was Wolves, I’d be back down Wenceslas square on my 27th Staropramen of the day so wouldn’t really give a ****.
Re your second para l would merely ask how many English teams have won this previously if what you say is correct.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Karen Carney best player on the pitch.
She tried hard, mixed it up and when scholes went off she was the player with wilshire I thought might make something happen

Levels above of Aluko….. she is absolutely pony…… she looks no better than the “celebs” and has never looked good on any of her appearances in previous years. Surely there are better ex-lionesses who they can call upon?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your second para l would merely ask how many English teams have won this previously if what you say is correct.
Tbf it’s pretty much one out of one as last year it wasn’t taken seriously. Be interesting to see what it looks like in 5-6 years. My point was more, Fiorentina aside, the competition wasn’t the strongest.

Would be very surprised if Villa don’t at least make the final next year too.

Back
Top Bottom