Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Germany v Austria Women's football tonight. On BBC1. KO 2000.

World rankings - Germany 5, Austria 21.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was expecting better from Austria. With time running out, they are still fannying about with no urgency!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Watching a bit of Man United v Villa. A friendly being played in Perth, Australia. Pitch is absolutely terrible. Reminds me of some of the crappy winter pitches we used to have in the 1970s/80s. Being played in the pouring rain too. I know these clubs who go on long distance tours will earn a bit of money, but they're making their players travel huge distances, playing other Premier League teams, and playing on pretty rubbish pitches. All downsides in my opinion.

I think our cancelled American tour is a blessing in disguise. Our players are bonding and training in a relatively small camp, not travelling too much, enjoying good weather, and focusing on training hard and not foreign media duties and meet and greets and the like. Will be interesting to see how well the teams who have travelled long distances will start the season.

Btw, half time, 2-0 to Man United, and Villa look awful.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The French always look like they are going to blow teams away but they've struggled to score in this tournament. Easily the best technical team in the Euros though.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get a feeling that as Netherlands have to open up to seek an equaliser France could punish them further.

The French always look like they are going to blow teams away but they've struggled to score in this tournament. Easily the best technical team in the Euros though.

I would have said, WRT your last sentence, it was a toss up between France and the Spanish team who for a long period looked like they'd knock England out.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I get a feeling that as Netherlands have to open up to seek an equaliser France could punish them further.

I would have said, WRT your last sentence, it was a toss up between France and the Spanish team who for a long period looked like they'd knock England out.
I can definitely see that happening. Expecting a second from 115 mins onwards.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I really like this referee, keeps the game flowing really well. Not influenced at all by the Dutch players rolling around. If it is not a head injury she doesn't stop the game, just as it should be. The amount of times I've seen Premier League referees stop a game for a player rolling around without a head injury, drives me crazy.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an English supporter l'd certainly hope for Germany to win the other semi-final. France look a much better team..... Not counting any chickens though....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Come on the Lionesses!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on the Lionesses!
Agreed.

There are some bloody irritations though. I enjoy England's womens team in its own right. I can also see that the women's game has its own traditions (e.g. the count-down to kick offs in tournaments). It needs though to have confidence in its own traditions and not try to appropriate those of the men's game. When l hear it suggested that Ellen White will overtake Shrek as England's all time leading goal scorer or hear crowd attempts to appropriate "football's coming home" l have to say hell no.

Oh, Ian Wright was awful in showing lack of preparation (not knowing the names of players you are commenting on, appalling) in the pre-match discussion.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Agreed.

There are some bloody irritations though. I enjoy England's womens team in its own right. I can also see that the women's game has its own traditions (e.g. the count-down to kick offs in tournaments). It needs though to have confidence in its own traditions and not try to appropriate those of the men's game. When l hear it suggested that Ellen White will overtake Shrek as England's all time leading goal scorer or hear crowd attempts to appropriate "football's coming home" l have to say hell no.

Oh, Ian Wright was awful in showing lack of preparation (not knowing the names of players you are commenting on, appalling) in the pre-match discussion.
The comparison between mens and womens football is really unhelpful. There’s real potential for the Lionesses to create their own space in the football world I just hope they realise it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The comparison between mens and womens football is really unhelpful. There’s real potential for the Lionesses to create their own space in the football world I just hope they realise it.
That's exactly my point. They're a good team in their own right, not merely an echo of the men.

Oh, and how the hell was that not a yellow card?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This game is being played at a million miles an hour! Also, not sure who is responsible for directing the live coverage, but in all games, when the ball is still in play and something is happening, they often switch to a close up of a player and miss what is happening on the pitch. Its very annoying.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This game is being played at a million miles an hour! Also, not sure who is responsible for directing the live coverage, but in all games, when the ball is still in play and something is happening, they often switch to a close up of a player and miss what is happening on the pitch. In Its very annoying.
Yup, one thing we learnt from our Portugese players was the value of taking a touch and looking at the options....

Re the close ups even worse when it's the bench or crowd....

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Does this referee know you’re allowed to book players?!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Does this referee know you’re allowed to book players?!
Couldn't believe the ref didn't book the Swedish player for that professional foul earlier on. It was verging on ridiculous. No attempt to play the ball, just a rugby tackle around the chest.

Back
Top Bottom