Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet Northern Ireland are really looking forward to their next game...

Wrighty : "Beth Mead was man, sorry woman, of the match".... Prat, lol!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Champions League and Conference starts tomorrow. <EDIT> Just seen that the Conference thing has already started. Probably a good thing we aren't it!

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emma Sanders

BBC Sport at the Amex

Seeing as the records could start to tumble, it's worth bearing in mind that one more goal from Ellen White will move her level with Wayne Rooney on 53 goals and joint-top in England's all-time history. She's already the Lionesses' record scorer.

Are you for real? Why detract from an excellent performance with stupid comments like that. If Ellen White played against the teams Rooney scored his goals against, she wouldn’t even get into double figures! Let’s not get carried away! I am all for women’s football but this sort of comparison is totally ludicrous!

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading the Lionesses thread, there seems to be considerable argument about the comparison between the male and female games. In my view, the fire has been stoked by irresponsible, ill-considered and controversial journalism. We all have our views but, whatever they are, I found last night's match to be an enjoyable watch and surely that is what matters?

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The German women footballers are following in the footsteps of their male counterparts in being utterly ruthless in the way that they play the game.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The German women footballers are following in the footsteps of their male counterparts in being utterly ruthless in the way that they play the game.

And the Spanish women in theirs in that they massively overplay at times, they are missing their 2 best players so maybe that's why the cutting edge isn't there

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half of Sweden v Switzerland tactically good from the latter but boring. Two bloody good, in different ways, goals within 90 seconds. 1-1 and probably more to come...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Earlier game finished 2-1 Sweden.

After Netherlands dominated early stages (2-0 and could have been more) Portugal back in it after a good penalty spot by VAR.

HT 2-1.

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Earlier game finished 2-1 Sweden.

After Netherlands dominated early stages (2-0 and could have been more) Portugal back in it after a good penalty spot by VAR.

HT 2-1.
Been an exciting game. Netherlands are a class above Portugal but fair play to Portugal they’re having a go.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Wonderful start to second half for Portugal. 2-2 after a wonder save.
Love watching Portugal. They’re not amazing but they have real spirit. I think it’s right that they didn’t actually qualify but took Russia’s place. Maybe it’s helping them have a carefree attitude, knowing it’s a chance they didn’t have at first.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Portugal weak at back whether this is given offside or not. Netherlands will struggle against the big girls England, Germany, France, Spain etc though.

Not sure who the female co-commentator is but she's bloody good.

Both Silva's up front look classy - Fabio taught them everything that he knows.....

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better team won - good winning goal - but Netherlands worse than the sum of their parts.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Normal service is resumed by VAR. Absolutely appalling decision to give a penalty to France just. This ref obviously borrowed Mike Dean's guide dog

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm at the Perelli this afternoon, recognise anyone? :laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_20220716_141133.jpg
    IMG_20220716_141133.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 169

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I felt for Switzerland who did a great job of holding the Netherlands up to the 84th minute, only to then concede 3 goals in quick succession.

Last two group matches tonight and then on to the quarters.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I felt for Switzerland who did a great job of holding the Netherlands up to the 84th minute, only to then concede 3 goals in quick succession.

Last two group matches tonight and then on to the quarters.
Not sure how l misposted in the 21/22 thread but.... My view, broadly similar to yours:

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shortage of goals tonight. At half time France lead Iceland 1-0 and Italy and Belgium are 0-0.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Drama.... Iceland score a penalty in the 11th minute of added time (six mins shown) to equalise but still go out as Belgium won 1-0. The first team to go out after being unbeaten in the group stage.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sir is a positive insult to morons... I'm really impressed with the Arsenal women's manager as a pundit.

VAR was back to its farcical best tonight. Only caught the last 25 or so of the game as I'm watching the darts, but it was ridiculously overused.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR was back to its farcical best tonight. Only caught the last 25 or so of the game as I'm watching the darts, but it was ridiculously overused.
Not sure that l agree about VAR. Without it France would have scored two highly dubious "goals" and Iceland denied a pretty clear penalty.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure that l agree about VAR. Without it France would have scored two highly dubious "goals" and Iceland denied a pretty clear penalty.

Both of those France goals we just accepted as ones that sometimes go for you. Slightly offside for the first, and the second just hits her arm, no movement toward it whatsoever. But now we have to analyse absolutely everything and drain the enjoyment of the game. Just can't be ****ed with it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big issue was how long VAR took tonight. Until now they've been pretty slick.

Both of those France goals we just accepted as ones that sometimes go for you. Slightly offside for the first, and the second just hits her arm, no movement toward it whatsoever. But now we have to analyse absolutely everything and drain the enjoyment of the game. Just can't be ****ed with it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Canadian Women’s ConcaCaf final vs the US about to start.
Go Canada.
1658196405646.jpeg
Alas, US wins 1-0 in 78min. via a penalty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom