Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's games 2019/20 season

• Thread starter Deleted at request of member 4337
  • Start date

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent with potential maybe.Great?Far from it .
Does his job extremely well, watch West Ham enough to see what he brings. As a defensive minded player I would have him over Dendoncker and Saiss in that defensive midfield role.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
As a defensive minded player I would have him over Dendoncker and Saiss in that defensive midfield role.

He would be chasing Donck’s and Saïss’s shadow. He’s never looked good against us, so not sure why you would downgrade.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay...

If your not playing Henderson and Rice in midfield

what is your midfield trio??? Go

and remember one minimum needs to be holding and don’t you dare say Dier either
Maddison, Mount, for starters.

Would you take Henderson in a wolves team, he is so over rated.

Southgate is just the FA puppet.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does his job extremely well, watch West Ham enough to see what he brings. As a defensive minded player I would have him over Dendoncker and Saiss in that defensive midfield role.
Donk is class, try watching him instead of West Ham and you would see that.

Last edited:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be chasing Donck’s and Saïss’s shadow. He’s never looked good against us, so not sure why you would downgrade.
Watch him play enough for West Ham to think in our setup he would be a fantastic defensive anchor and an improvement on the latter two for that position. His reading of the game is good and the ability to break up play is great. He's played us, what, twice? He was decent at the London Stadium and at a Molineux I can't think of anyone in that West Ham side that had a good game that day.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Donk is class, try watching him instead of West Ham and you would see that.
Now where did I say he wasn't. I said I'd have Rice, but that is in no way saying I don't rate Donk, rather that I personally think Rice is an absolute diamond of a midfielder that with the correct guidance (and I do believe he is under Pellegrini, but under Nuno, potentially better) could be an unbeliveable player.

I say this as someone who is ****y as **** over the guy because he turned his back on Ireland when England fluttered their eyes.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maddison, Mount, for starters.

Would you take Henderson in a wolves team, he is so over rated.

Southgate is just the FA puppet.
Yes I would. Henderson does a job, he keeps the play going and ticking over, he is in the greatest Liverpool side of a few generations for good reason. No fancy thrills or the like but does an utterly expert job in the role he gets assigned. Englands' issue, where it has always fallen down' is that we try to shoehorn players in where they're not compatible.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Watch him play enough for West Ham to think in our setup he would be a fantastic defensive anchor and an improvement on the latter two for that position. His reading of the game is good and the ability to break up play is great. He's played us, what, twice? He was decent at the London Stadium and at a Molineux I can't think of anyone in that West Ham side that had a good game that day.

The great thing about our set up is that neither Saïss, or Dendoncker play very defensively, they sit deep but break forward when we have the ball. Our deepest midfielder is usually Neves and Rice isn’t anywhere near as good.
If we needed a defensive type midfielder to just sit deep and keep things ticking, we could have kept Jack Price.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Yes decent but not great

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The great thing about our set up is that neither Saïss, or Dendoncker play very defensively, they sit deep but break forward when we have the ball. Our deepest midfielder is usually Neves and Rice isn’t anywhere near as good.
If we needed a defensive type midfielder to just sit deep and keep things ticking, we could have kept Jack Price.
But I think the potential ability with Rice is that whole side of his game can developed because the defensive instinct already comes quite naturally, that's why quite a few in the game (as was I, when he could represent Ireland) were excited about him because he could do the job of a veteran at a young age.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think Rice sums up Southgates problem. He watches him for West Ham, where he has to spend most of the match defending and thinks “yeah this guy is decent”, but he forgets that in 90% of our matches were the team doing most of the attacking. He doesn’t suit the England team.
But defensively he was ****e tonight. Where's the holding player coming back for their second goal?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent, and they were all crap, so that's okay does not equal an england player.
Unless you play for west ham.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why no Chilwell and Alexander Arnold starting. Both better than Rose and Trippier and the future. Why does Rice play? Looks like a rabbit in headlights. Why is Keane starting when he is crap for Everton? Why cant Southgate play 3 at the back with Coady? That was terrible last night and just shows against decent opposition we are crap, especially when he picks 5 players who arent good enough or out of form.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot understand why our national side that should be playing at the highest world level of football is being managed by a totally unproven and unqualified manager. It makes absolutely no logical sense to me. Gareth Southgate compared with the Klopp's, Pochetino and Nuno's are world's apart. I have become totally disinterested in the England international side because it appears to me to be managed by a bunch of amateur wannabee's who have little idea of what they are doing. They may be able to relate some spin to the media and on the surface talk the talk. But this is totally superficial and when it comes to walking the walk they are totally legless. Quite clearly given we have some of the best players in the world playing in the most competitive league in the world and our football is an absolute shambles.

S

ShropshireLad

I cannot understand why our national side that should be playing at the highest world level of football is being managed by a totally unproven and unqualified manager. It makes absolutely no logical sense to me. Gareth Southgate compared with the Klopp's, Pochetino and Nuno's are world's apart. I have become totally disinterested in the England international side because it appears to me to be managed by a bunch of amateur wannabee's who have little idea of what they are doing. They may be able to relate some spin to the media and on the surface talk the talk. But this is totally superficial and when it comes to walking the walk they are totally legless. Quite clearly given we have some of the best players in the world playing in the most competitive league in the world and our football is an absolute shambles.
Yep. I was only bothered to click onto the half time and full time scores. Glad I didn't waste time watching. I won't be watching the game in the week either.

K

Knocker Lite

England showing exactly why they will never win **** all, players unable to think tactically within the moment to change the outcome.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
England showing exactly why they will never win **** all, players unable to think tactically within the moment to change the outcome.
We're just a bunch of boring ****houses, I’d rather watch a team of incompetent flair players than these plain *******s.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing how good these players look at their respective clubs, yet seem hamstringed in an England shirt, perhaps, they need a good manager to guide them as they do at club level?

K

Knocker Lite

Amazing how good these players look at their respective clubs, yet seem hamstringed in an England shirt, perhaps, they need a good manager to guide them as they do at club level?

Continental players at club level offer the brains.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Continental players at club level offer the brains.
English players aren't magically 'thick' when they put on an England shirt, otherwise they wouldn't be playing at the highest level. It's a case of tactics not suiting.

K

Knocker Lite

English players aren't magically 'thick' when they put on an England shirt, otherwise they wouldn't be playing at the highest level. It's a case of tactics not suiting.
I believe through the generations the majority of English players are devoid of imagination with clubs having to buy it in from elsewhere.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's been a common problem over many years. I recall John Barnes being a brilliant player for Liverpool but put an England shirt on him and he shrank into his shell. Hopelessly ineffective 90% of the time. Our international managers seem to pick players who are on top form (or not) for their clubs and try and shoe horn them into a team. Maybe one day we will get a manager who knows how he wants to play and pick the best chaps for the respective positions.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hopefully, Phil Foden is able to get enough game time going forward as he would make a big difference to our midfield options. Would be great if Oxlade-Chamberlain could get back to his pre-injury form too.

Anyway, for Monday’s game, I’d go:

Pickford
TAA, Gomez, Maguire, Chilwell
Henderson, Winks, Barkley
Rashford, Kane, Sterling

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
England Managers just pick players irrespective of current form and shoehorn them in and most of the time it doesn’t work .Too often they play players out of position just to get them in .Playing CB’s at FB,FB’s in midfield and strikers playing wide (Remember John Richards with his one cap?)
Our PE teacher at school played hockey for GB and he said when a player was out injured rather than move everyone around and out of position to accommodate a player they brought in the Reserve in that position because they knew the position rather than shoehorning someone in .
Sometimes Managers should stick to what they know rather than being clever and trying to re-invent the wheel.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gareth will just smile, nod and repeat the FA group speak language he learnt when being groomed for the position.

There is no financial incentive for the FA to have England succeed. The national team is a cash cow that is milked every time they qualify for a major tournament. What we do when we get there is irrelevant.

So they play it safe.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe through the generations the majority of English players are devoid of imagination with clubs having to buy it in from elsewhere.
I think you're incorrect, I do think we have ignored creative talents and/or harmed their ability on the national stage. Scholes for example, if he were Spanish would have been over 100 caps with ease.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's been a common problem over many years. I recall John Barnes being a brilliant player for Liverpool but put an England shirt on him and he shrank into his shell. Hopelessly ineffective 90% of the time. Our international managers seem to pick players who are on top form (or not) for their clubs and try and shoe horn them into a team. Maybe one day we will get a manager who knows how he wants to play and pick the best chaps for the respective positions.
They try to build a team of individuals rather than an actual team.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

the lads played against us once!!!

this equivalent me saying rodri in their shadows as wasn’t much special last week

give your head a wobble

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc is completely wasted in that team.
Possibly, but I’m sure he’s very proud to have helped his country to another good point away from home. Well done Doc.
Dreadful pool of players to pick from and the Irish are top of the group.

Back
Top Bottom