Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's games 2019/20 season

• Thread starter Deleted at request of member 4337
  • Start date

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was a decent game and the better side won, although PSG very wasteful with a few great chances.

Don't get the moaning about VAR. If the Coman one wasn't a penalty then neither was the Mbappe one. They were consistent and probably got the right decisions IMO.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was a decent game and the better side won, although PSG very wasteful with a few great chances.

Don't get the moaning about VAR. If the Coman one wasn't a penalty then neither was the Mbappe one. They were consistent and probably got the right decisions IMO.
But var failed to even look?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commentary get a notification when var are looking at something. They highlighted the fact.

I think that's if the game needs stopping. They thought this didn't. You're acting like it was a stonewall penalty. It was a faint clip on the heel and they let a faint clip of the heel go in the first half (Coman).

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that's if the game needs stopping. They thought this didn't. You're acting like it was a stonewall penalty. It was a faint clip on the heel and they let a faint clip of the heel go in the first half (Coman).
Nope, penalty or not var was in place to look at every decision like that. They didn't look, to me that's as bad as the decision in our quarter final.

The comms get a notification in the studio every time an incident is looked at, they said this tonight.

Im happy with the result, I won a few quid, but it just shows to me the inconsistancy and controversy var has created

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, penalty or not var was in place to look at every decision like that. They didn't look, to me that's as bad as the decision in our quarter final.

The comms get a notification in the studio every time an incident is looked at, they said this tonight.

Im happy with the result, I won a few quid, but it just shows to me the inconsistancy and controversy var has created

They always look. They will one million percent have seen at least one replay of that incident and they then chose to let it go, forget what the comms say. They could have looked further but they didn't think it warranted it - just like the Coman one.

Also, it's no way as bad as the decision in our quarter-final. We were cheated, they weren't.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They always look. They will one million percent have seen at least one replay of that incident and they then chose to let it go, forget what the comms say. They could have looked further but they didn't think it warranted it - just like the Coman one.

Also, it's no way as bad as the decision in our quarter-final. We were cheated, they weren't.
Will leave this here
Screenshot_20200823_223226_com.android.chrome.jpg

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Appeared'.

There's a misconception that VAR are doing nothing unless the game is stopped.
Will agree to disagree, multiple news agencies are stating the fact that it wasn't checked, but theyre all wrong then?

Have a good evening

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Man City, UEFA didn’t want PSG to win. Bayern one of the big clubs with links to uefa

Just like no check on Jimenez pen, this is no accident

Top level football is fixed
I Said similar at the time of the incident. I don't want to believe its fixed, but its getting harder not to question what's going on. There's to many high profile mistakes to not think its corrupt.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Man City, UEFA didn’t want PSG to win. Bayern one of the big clubs with links to uefa

Lewandowski was the clearest penalty of the night, not given.

You keep the conspiracy theory running though.

Suppose it’s Uefas fault Mbappe couldn’t hit a barn door.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The machine rolls on! Bayern just too good for an under-par PSG. Although, the ref 4 yards away misses an obvious penalty to PSG, second half. Why on earth he didn't give it and let it go to VAR, I don't know. The Bayern player has come through Mbappe. That could have made a difference to PSG who were just coming back into it. But then the ref misses an even more stonewall pen for Bayern, minutes later. Poor, very poor. Bayern though just edging it overall. The best play of the game to them for the goal. Koman - he's a bit of a lucky charm for any team he plays for. 24 years old and a winner in each of the last 6 seasons! Finally, Neymar, so much talent but too many big games pass him by. Congrats though to Bayern. That's almost a perfect team, starting from numero uno!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bayern had TWO penalties turned down, PSG had one.

For me, only the last one was a penalty (Lewandowski) and there's no difference between the Coman & Mbappe 'offences'. If the first is, the second is, if the first isn't, the second isn't. This was actually consistent refereeing and VAR didn't interfere, something many wanted now it's not good enough...

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Psg much better side first half , but as ever - bayern win by taking their chances whilst opposition squander theirs

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bayern had TWO penalties turned down, PSG had one.

For me, only the last one was a penalty (Lewandowski) and there's no difference between the Coman & Mbappe 'offences'. If the first is, the second is, if the first isn't, the second isn't. This was actually consistent refereeing and VAR didn't interfere, something many wanted now it's not good enough...
Stop talking sense, it’s a conspiracy.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop talking sense, it’s a conspiracy.

To be fair I'm normally up for a conspiracy :laughing: but I don't see how people can moan when it's proven Coman was clipped and his shoulder touched but Mbappe is clipped and that's a pen. Both similar, both not given, both supposedly 'not checked'. Exactly what you should want from the refs - consistency.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair I'm normally up for a conspiracy :laughing: but I don't see how people can moan when it's proven Coman was clipped and his shoulder touched but Mbappe is clipped and that's a pen. Both similar, both not given, both supposedly 'not checked'. Exactly what you should want from the refs - consistency.
why bother with var?has it made the game better?why should Ihave to wait 3 minutes to celebrate a goal

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Well done Bayern. What a team. They just know how to win- class. Head coach supreme. **** Klopp. **** Liverpool.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the lack of consistency in the use of var is what's throwing up the conspiracies. How can it not review the decisions?

Every single through ball that's led to a goal has been checked all season for offside . Now in the biggest match of the season, they can't even be ***** to look at penalties?

Was they to busy enjoying the uefa hospitality?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the lack of consistency in the use of var is what's throwing up the conspiracies. How can it not review the decisions?

Every single through ball that's led to a goal has been checked all season. Now in the biggest match of the season, they can't even be ***** to look at penalties?

Was they to busy enjoying the uefa hospitality?

We don't need to go over the fact I think they did check it again but you're mentioning consistency.

The same process happened for the Coman incident and the Mbappe incident. The 'foul' took place, the game played on and there wasn't a stoppage in the game to make a check. That's consistent isn't it?

Do you think Mbappe's was a penalty but Coman's wasn't?

Tonight they did absolutely nothing wrong. They acted in the same way for both teams and similar incidents produced consistent decisions.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think without doubt Bayern were the best club in the tournament.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Talking silly again.

What about the nailed on penalty Bayern had to make the game 2-0 that wasn't given? Or the one on the brink of half time which 90% of referees give? Replays on the latter showed he was clipped as well as being grabbed over the shoulders. Not giving those gives PSG a chance.

I'm sure if PSG won you'd be here saying they only won because of Qatari money and that they've corrupted UEFA into it, and that those two penalties Bayern didn't get proves it.

There's the conspiracy that clubs like Wolves miss out because UEFA and PL need the top clubs to be in the Champions League as it helps TV revenues etc. then you're in here saying UEFA would prefer Lyon to be in a semi final rather than Man City. :D

portugamerifinn

Groupie
Reaction score
Not sure what to roll my eyes at more:

A. People thinking that was a clear penalty, or

B. People certain the VAR officials only watched that play in question once as it happened

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The biggest issue PSG has is the lack of strength in the French league, when you can win 90% of your games just playing at 70% effort, how can you condition yourself for those big nights? how do you get your fitness levels to max? how can you tell if your team / tactics are up to scratch if they just blow away most teams you face?

Celtic have the same issue, although they're miles off what the top teams can do financially.

EeSfThAXsAIIqW2

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Will agree to disagree, multiple news agencies are stating the fact that it wasn't checked, but theyre all wrong then?

Have a good evening
Pagey - guess why I have him on ignor? - hint, hint!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking silly again.

What about the nailed on penalty Bayern had to make the game 2-0 that wasn't given? Or the one on the brink of half time which 90% of referees give? Replays on the latter showed he was clipped as well as being grabbed over the shoulders. Not giving those gives PSG a chance.

I'm sure if PSG won you'd be here saying they only won because of Qatari money and that they've corrupted UEFA into it, and that those two penalties Bayern didn't get proves it.

There's the conspiracy that clubs like Wolves miss out because UEFA and PL need the top clubs to be in the Champions League as it helps TV revenues etc. then you're in here saying UEFA would prefer Lyon to be in a semi final rather than Man City. :D

Nope. I just don’t like bias

Back
Top Bottom