Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bloody loved Vitinha. His performance away at Albion was the best of any of our midfielders in the second half of that horrible Covid season.

Remember that performance well and posting at the time here that it made it a no brainer to go ahead and sign him. Very poor decision not to sign him as his quality was there for all to see.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remember that performance well and posting at the time here that it made it a no brainer to go ahead and sign him. Very poor decision not to sign him as his quality was there for all to see.
He didn’t want to sign for us it wasn’t our decision.
Red card really changed the game.

Silly tackle for the penalty too .
Never a red though.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This drives me potty! Every time PSG play there's always a few posts about how it was a mistake not to sign Vitinha. He didn't want to stay, he was never going to stay, we had no chance of signing him. Not our decision.

Yes but we lost him the same way we lost MGW. Sticking religiously to a 3-4-3 that didn't suit him at all so he didn't really play or fit the formation at all when he did play.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Yes but we lost him the same way we lost MGW. Sticking religiously to a 3-4-3 that didn't suit him at all so he didn't really play or fit the formation at all when he did play.
If we'd let him pick the formation and the team he still wouldn't have stayed. It was always his plan to move on.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This drives me potty! Every time PSG play there's always a few posts about how it was a mistake not to sign Vitinha. He didn't want to stay, he was never going to stay, we had no chance of signing him. Not our decision.

It was Wolves who decided not to take up the option to buy. Porto and the player expected it to be triggered right up until the deadline!

Vitinha’s on record here in the weeks before the deadline expired talking of returning to Wolves and looking forward to getting more game time in his second season.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could have signed Vitinha but we decided he wasn't worth the money.

Regarding him and MGW not fitting in. They were both kids playing in the best league in the world in difficult positions. Neither were ready in spite of formations, personnel, management.

We had a strategy of bringing young potentially world class players though, but never had the patience to see it out.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It was Wolves who decided not to take up the option to buy. Porto and the player expected it to be triggered right up until the deadline!

Vitinha’s on record here in the weeks before the deadline expired talking of returning to Wolves and looking forward to getting more game time in his second season.

I'd like to see some receipts for that !
I can't find the interview at the moment (will keep looking!) but after he left he said that he didn't settle in England, didn't like Wolverhampton or the weather. Said, he was pushing his agent to find a different opportunity from Christmas onwards. Granted, players will say different things at different times, depending on the audience, and if he had played more and it has been a better season for us he may have felt differently, but I think he always thought he was destined for better things.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then every time PSG play we get posters who say we never had a chance to sign him!

Bottom line is we decided to hardly play him while flogging a declining Moutinho week after week. It was a mistake.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We could have signed Vitinha but we decided he wasn't worth the money.

Regarding him and MGW not fitting in. They were both kids playing in the best league in the world in difficult positions. Neither were ready in spite of formations, personnel, management.

We had a strategy of bringing young potentially world class players though, but never had the patience to see it through.

It was a tough one. After Raul’s injury, we had an awful run where we took (I think) 5 points from 11 games and had a brief spell (before we had a little run of Adama-inspired results) where it looked as if we may get sucked into the relegation battle.

At that stage, Nuno (understandably) went with what he knew and big game experience in the likes of Moutinho rather than thrusting Vitinha and MGW in. It was only after we were safe that we saw more of them and the quality that they both have (in particular, Vitinha against Albion and MGW in the Brighton home game).

I always particularly rated Vitinha (he just looked like the perfect long-term replacement to Moutinho) and really wanted us to sign him. I just think the timing of that season (and the Covid experience for a young player looking to acclimatise) went against us as much as anything.

I personally wasn’t quite as convinced by MGW at the time but he’s developed into a really good player. He was another who was a victim of timing as his opportunities were limited by the excellence of Neves and Moutinho (and having the likes of Jota and Neto ahead of him in the forward positions).

Wouldn’t have minded seeing a front five of

Vitinha, MGW
Neto, Cunha, RAN

;)

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can't find the interview at the moment (will keep looking!) but after he left he said that he didn't settle in England, didn't like Wolverhampton or the weather. Said, he was pushing his agent to find a different opportunity from Christmas onwards. Granted, players will say different things at different times, depending on the audience, and if he had played more and it has been a better season for us he may have felt differently, but I think he always thought he was destined for better things.
If you find anything in the public domain to corroborate what you’re saying, please do post but, honestly, it doesn’t sound like Vitinha to me.

If we’d exercised the option, pretty sure he would have signed and it’s kind of how the option to buy market works and things would break down pretty quickly otherwise. There’s another article here that suggests he was settled and the decision was with Wolves.

From the article:

When asked about what the future holds for Vitinha in the gold and black of Wolves, he said: “I need to do my things the proper way, the way they ask me to, to do my best. “At the end, the decision is with them. Right now, I’m not going to worry about it, I’m not supposed to worry about it. I’ll do my best for the club, and for me.”

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that was the kiss of death!

On a selfish note, due to a family wedding, I will be missing the FA Trophy Final of Gateshead v Bromley… and FA Vase Final of Romford v Great Wakering. Maybe this year I wont miss it so much…. Gateshead and Bromley both got to the final separately in the last 2 years.

Edit, Solihull Moors, not Bromley.
A great shame, however City did win 'El Saucico' last night. A 4 nil win over Worcester Raiders.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure that the Hampshire constabulary are hoping that Southampton get promoted to the premier league. :) :)

I used to work with a Pompey fan and he never called Southampton anything but The Scummers !!! There is a real and burning animosity ( English understatement ;) ) between the two sides. Rather like Plymouth v Exeter, Ipswich v Norwich or Cardiff v Swansea it is not until you live there or in other cases meet fans of those clubs, do you get to fully understand how much they really do despise each other.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Chelsea and Villa Ladies. Villa keeper sent off for handling outside her box after just 3 minutes

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Chelsea and Villa Ladies. Villa keeper sent off for handling outside her box after just 3 minutes
Crowd seems rather low too. Seen more fans at a non league game

I get the impression if the game isn’t on weekend and in a modern stadium the fans don’t want to know.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Call it tense, all it boring in Munich....

Meanwhile, it's kind of amazing how Real Madrid do this.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still fancy City here, Madrid looked knackard those last 10mins and it's only going to get worse.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Arsenal game. Gunners should be one up at half time. Munich don’t look at it tonight

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to work with a Pompey fan and he never called Southampton anything but The Scummers !!! There is a real and burning animosity ( English understatement ;) ) between the two sides. Rather like Plymouth v Exeter, Ipswich v Norwich or Cardiff v Swansea it is not until you live there or in other cases meet fans of those clubs, do you get to fully understand how much they really do despise each other.
That hatred goes a long way back and involves such horrors as starving families. There's a documentary on YouTube somewhere.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Grealish keeps slowing everything down for City. Needs to drive at the defence and take them one. He is the free man Real are leaving. Maybe because they think he's the least dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom