Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Vitinha

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must stay in the team now

arguably one of the best midfield performances by a Wolves player this season

class in possession, protected the ball in horrendous conditions, linked play and constantly looked forward and for openings in the Albion defence and a moment of pure class for our goal

superb player and has to be given the chance against stronger opponents between now and the end of the season, and a permanent deal and long term contract should be a formality now

and finally, he and Fabio are going to have a telepathic understanding in time, keep playing them!

Last edited:

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I was chatting with somebody in here the other day and said that I wasn’t convinced we would sign him. I really hope I was wrong.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had an excellent game, running at players in Central area, need to play him now for the rest of the season and Morgan who also goes at defenders and asks questions

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best individual performance in months . God knows why he hasn’t been playing . Barmy
Will hold my hands up and say, I thought he was too lightweight..

Saw a completely different side to him tonight, ran the show.. knew where every defender and wolves player was every time he was near the ball.

Moutinho 2.0

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must stay in the team now

arguably one of the best midfield performances by a Wolves player this season

class in possession, protected the ball in horrendous conditions, liked play and constantly looked forward and for openings in the Albion defence and a moment of pure class for our goal

superb player and has to be given the chance against stronger opponents between now and the end of the season, and a permanent deal and long term contract should be a formality now

and finally, he and Fabio are going to have a telepathic understanding in time, keep playing them!
His close ball control is next level. Extremely impressive outing

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will hold my hands up and say, I thought he was too lightweight..

Saw a completely different side to him tonight, ran the show.. knew where every defender and wolves player was every time he was near the ball.

Moutinho 2.0
Him moutinho and neves . We would have rarely given the ball away with a back 4 and these 3

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked very good today. It’s only one match but you can see the attributes that attracted our interest. What I like very much is how he handles receiving the ball when surrounded by opponents. No panic, very calm, not afraid of physical challenges.

It’s really early days so I’m not getting carried away but I hope we get to see more of him before the end of the season to get a better idea about him.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is Moutinho? Has he had enough?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looked very good today. It’s only one match but you can see the attributes that attracted our interest. What I like very much is how he handles receiving the ball when surrounded by opponents. No panic, very calm, not afraid of physical challenges.

It’s really early days so I’m not getting carried away but I hope we get to see more of him before the end of the season to get a better idea about him.
It’s not one match. Played that well for Portugal u21 every time this year

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not one match. Played that well for Portugal u21 every time this year
I was referring more to my viewing of him... he’s had limited minutes plus I don’t really watch international football so I’m not able to base an opinion of him on that. Good to hear though!

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I prefer him to Daniel Podence. Vitinha, Fábio Silva,and Aït-Nouri are beginning to look class acts, Nélson Semedo has made his position his own.
these fans? who get on Nuno's back seem to miss what he and his staff are creating for the future.
lets hope our owners can see it, and I'm sure they do.
its been years since I've seen such a bright future at Wolves

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Oozed quality today. Completely different from what have already. I was particularly impressed with his tackling today. Very tenacious without giving away lots of silly free kicks.

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's so good.

I was saying to a friend that he is the only player we have of his type. There are certain final third passes that he sees which our other midfielders fail to spot.

I was one of the people that watched the Portugal U21 games during the last break & he ran the show there, so I've just been waiting to see him start a game for us and see him do the same in a Wolves shirt. We saw that tonight.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Moutinho’s successor to me. Silva looks mustard as does Ait -Nouri. I think we’ve all possibly jumped too early.
Vitinha tired? Mouts last 15 anyone? Or a back 4 with some actual real centre half’s and Neves, Mouts & Vitinha in midfield with Raul & Silva up top and Neto in the hole?
Hello Europe again.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No excuses Nuno. This lad must start every game until the end of the season. A joy to watch tonight.

Contrada Lupa

Reaction score
A class act, as all of us who watched the under 23 tournament will know. He is deceptive in that you expect him to not win any balls but he doesn't need to as he keeps the ball which is a more valuable asset. He moves forward with the ball and with growing confidence will become central to our midfield.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see why he came with the comparisons to a young Moutinho. His touch and control are quality, he's tenacious in winning the ball and cool under pressing. Will be a rolls royce of a midfielder in years to come.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I had previously said I hadn’t been impressed by him but I did concede he had not been given many chances to show what he had to offer. On tonight’s showing I would say he has something to offer us. He was very good tonight and was unfortunate to be brought off I thought. Is he worth the reported £20M fee? Still not sure of that but I’d rather we snap him up than someone else.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had previously said I hadn’t been impressed by him but I did concede he had not been given many chances to show what he had to offer. On tonight’s showing I would say he has something to offer us. He was very good tonight and was unfortunate to be brought off I thought. Is he worth the reported £20M fee? Still not sure of that but I’d rather we snap him up than someone else.
Fair enough. But there is a place in the world beyond Portugal. Why are we so blinkered?

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would imagine strangely because Joao is injured, can't afford for him to get injured to, and also an opportunity for a fresh Gibbs White
I do understand that could well be the reason, but it baffled me when we were clearly going for the win and their defence were certainly worried about him.
I'd have kept him on, but then I'm no football manager.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I admit I did comment in previous posts that Vitinha needed to bulk up a bit to be a Premier League player.

Based on what I saw tonight I am wrong. I could have said that about Foden, Ward Prowse, Maddison, Mount and a few other Premier League regulars. Vitinha is what we have needed in midfield and alongside Neves and one other attacking midfield player (Renato Sanches please) will see a vast improvement in our creativity and goals. There is talk we can sign him for less than the quoted £18 million when we took him on loan. I wouldn’t be worried if we have to pay that amount for him because he will be worth it.

Albion are a very physical team, without much finesse and dish out the dirty stuff because they lack the players with any real skill and finesse. I admit Perreira is a good player but who else would you want in our squad. Vitinha didn’t hide or shirk any challenges and kept us on the front foot.

Vitinha showed some lovely touches tonight and won tackles, kept us moving forward and hardly gave the ball away. He had a great game and it was wonderful to see such a skilled player in the goId shirt. His flick for our goal was superb and showed some of the skills we have been missing.

It has taken 33 matches to see what he can do In the Premier League. I know he played against Chorley in the Cup when we played poorly but he scored our winner and was probably man of the match.

Play him from the start for the last 4 games Nuno when we have Brighton, Tottenham, Everton and Man U. 4 very different types of opponent to play against which I hope will confirm he is good enough to be a permanent signing.

Last edited:

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Vitinha's best performance in a Wolves shirt by a distance. So much so it probably makes signing him a non-decision.

Technically very good, always looking for space to move into, continual head checks, combative in the tackle, nice flicks and one-twos, some decent set-piece deliveries, I could go on. Anyhow, there's a lot to appreciate and he'll only get better.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing him receive the ball in midfield and run forward with it :hearteyes:

Wow, haven’t seen that in a long time...

A joy to watch!

The medication must be kicking in - just watched the highlights and the way Vitinha moves and plays...reminded me of someone... a young Jack Grealish! o_O He's got a decent shot him, as well...just needs to work on winning 40 free kicks a match!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not been impressed with Vitinha this season, albeit that he's only had short cameos, however the performance against the Albion was superb. I'm not going to get carried away by a one-off. I've seen too many over the years that have shown well only to fade to obscurity. What I will say is that Nuno has 4 'free-hits' to play Vitinha from the start, to see if he can do it against better teams than West Brom, before we need to make a final decision. If he does only half as well in the final 4 matches, then it's a no-brainer that we should sign him on a permanent, especially if the transfer fee has reduced.

Back
Top Bottom