Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ipswich a draw away from automatic promotion. What an incredible achievement that is. Not been talked about enough really, they're competing with three clubs with massive budgets and Premier League quality in Leicester, Leeds and Southampton.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That must be Ipswich promoted.

Just need a point

As for the injury time read UEFA don’t like having endless amounts of it like we do .

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
CL semi with a calm and competent referee and zero VAR drama despite two penalty checks. If only…

He had a good game in the Arsenal v Porto tie too .

Anthony Taylor and Stuart Atwell on tomorrow..

In the space of 24 hours it will be like going from Sherlock Holmes to Inspector Clouseau :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I worked with a guy last year who was a huge lifelong Ipswich fan. He was really excited about the season ahead.
Sadly, just as the season got underway, he died suddenly.
So cruel that he didn’t get to see them promoted to the Prem this year (fingers crossed for you Mark).

Knowing my luck, Wolves will win the FA Cup the year after I go.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I worked with a guy last year who was a huge lifelong Ipswich fan. He was really excited about the season ahead.
Sadly, just as the season got underway, he died suddenly.
So cruel that he didn’t get to see them promoted to the Prem this year (fingers crossed for you Mark).

Knowing my luck, Wolves will win the FA Cup the year after I go.

Booked you skydiving lessons.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norwich can cement a playoff place with a point against Birmingham on Saturday. Relegating Birmingham (unless Plymouth lose by 5 goals).

Fun and games

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds hoping that local hated team Huddersfield will help them out..
You've got no chance of that occurring, Huddersfield fans want to lose and see Leeds miss out.

Huddersfield are probably on the beach too. They need a 15 goal swing to overtake Plymouth.

I have a Leeds supporting mate. He’s resigned to them losing in the Playoffs

I just hope that it’s not against Albion

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really glad Ipswich seem to have got over the line. Having said that I really wanted Forest to go up and now I can’t stand them so I look forward to hating Ipswich in 6 months time.

Leeds will win the playoffs I think, they are a lot better than anyone else in them. Hopefully Norwich do though as that will be one of the relegation places sorted for next season.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huddersfield are probably on the beach too. They need a 15 goal swing to overtake Plymouth.

I have a Leeds supporting mate. He’s resigned to them losing in the Playoffs

I just hope that it’s not against Albion

Asking me to pick a team I want to see win out of Leeds v Albion is like being asked while they are still attached to me , would I like my testicles deep fried or flame grilled :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dirty Leeds get my vote and then go on to lose to Southampton or Norwich in the final :D:D:D:D

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just been reading that Ipswich Town have spent less than £5m in transfers during the last two seasons. The fact that they look like securing back to back promotions despite having no parachute payments speaks well of how the club is run.

Kieran McKenna also took over at Portman Road with the Tractor Boys in the lower half of league one. He has done an amazing job with very little money.

Well done Ipswich and Kieran McKenna, proving you don’t have to spend millions to gain success.

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just been reading that Ipswich Town have spent less than £5m in transfers during the last two seasons. The fact that they look like securing back to back promotions despite having no parachute payments speaks well of how the club is run.

Kiernan McKenna also took over at Portman Road with the Tractor Boys in the lower half of league one. He has done an amazing job with very little money.

Well done Ipswich and Kiernan McKenna, proving you don’t have to spend millions to gain success.
Clearly a very good coach

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clearly a very good coach

Kiernan McKenna also took over at Portman Road with the Tractor Boys in the lower half of league one. He has done an amazing job with very little money.

Well done Ipswich and Kiernan McKenna, proving you don’t have to spend millions to gain success.
As is the Ipswich manager, Kieran.

:cool:

He started his coaching career when he was just 22 so he already has 15 years of coaching experience under his belt - a novice First Team Coach / Manager but definitely an experienced and knowledgeable coach.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He started his coaching career when he was just 22 so he already has 15 years of coaching experience under his belt - a novice First Team Coach / Manager but definitely an experienced and knowledgeable coach.

My apologies for the incorrect spelling of his name.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wasn’t Kieran McKenna on the Manchester United coaching staff previously?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t Kieran McKenna on the Manchester United coaching staff previously?

Also their U18s coach. If you look at a lot of young coaches backgrounds many of them at one point managed/coached either Man Utd or Liverpool's youth teams. Our own GON for one! Not sure how relevant a stat that is though.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also their U18s coach. If you look at a lot of young coaches backgrounds many of them at one point managed/coached either Man Utd or Liverpool's youth teams. Our own GON for one! Not sure how relevant a stat that is though.

Great academies as seeing from the talent coming out of both

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great academies as seeing from the talent coming out of both

Absolutely but it's weird that the coaches are so sought after? I wonder if it's caused by football club owners own bias that a Utd or Liverpool coach must be 'better' than average. Historical data of good coaches coming out of these academies probably help perpetuate owners going for future ones and the cycle continues. Having access to better players must help you look better as a coach too.

Maybe even hoping that hiring a coach from these clubs might get you access to picking a few youth players up - that was (one of) the reasons Wolves hired Sellars right? almost immediately we took a few of City's players into our academy.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely but it's weird that the coaches are so sought after? I wonder if it's caused by football club owners own bias that a Utd or Liverpool coach must be 'better' than average. Historical data of good coaches coming out of these academies probably help perpetuate owners going for future ones and the cycle continues. Having access to better players must help you look better as a coach too.

Maybe even hoping that hiring a coach from these clubs might get you access to picking a few youth players up - that was (one of) the reasons Wolves hired Sellars right? almost immediately we took a few of City's players into our academy.
Beale a fine example of this. Good coach poor manager. Like TC good coach poor manager. Now this head coach things complicates things. Sometimes they need an older head next to them like we’ve got Gaz and Derry

Back
Top Bottom