Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough. I gave up believing in England decades ago so you’ll have to forgive my pessimism!

Me too really, but I do think we have the best squad in the world other than maybe France, and 90% of that is because of Mbappe who's just ridiculous.

To be as strong as we are, when other nations such as Italy, Germany, Spain etc are at their weakest in a long time is an opportunity we need to make the most of.

I think we can win the Euros even with Southgate in charge. But if we end up facing a France or Portugal we'll fall short.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether tactical instruction, or just because they knew they could make it work, the difference later in the game when Bellingham, Foden, Mainoo, and to an extent Bowen started sticking together and making quick combinations was ridiculous. That’s what we should be doing all the time. They are the plays that make things happen, they are the kind of players that can do it.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes they were friendlies and yes England weren’t at full strength but it’s two more games where we’ve come up short against two of the higher ranked international teams. Belgium were without the world class De Bruyne too.
I personally don’t see why it has to be Maguire or Dunk as the preferred partner for Stones. Both lack the mobility and athleticism for the very top level of international football and someone like Ben White just feels like a much better fit as partner for Stones. Arteta can clearly get a tune out of him and if there’s been a clash of personalities with White and the England coaching / management team then Southgate should demonstrate the necessary man management skills to overcome this.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I have enjoyed that, good effort from both teams. If you think we suck, this is the best we've played against any decent opposition for about 2-3 years :D
Seems like some people have gone to it after England, when both teams (especially Wales) were spent. Not saying it's been the best spectacle, but both teams fully committed, just cancelled each other out a bit.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tension here, as we decide which one of these two nations will spend the Summer stinking the place out and being eliminated at the earliest possible opportunity.

Given that the winner goes into the Group Of Death with France, Netherlands and the exceptionally in-form Austria, that sounds about right.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it me or have players got a lot better at taking pens over the last few years?

Back
Top Bottom