Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's only a minimum because there might be reasons to add more though, not on a whim.

If the referee calculated there were to be four and a half added minutes for example, the board would only show the 4 minutes yet the referee should play to 94.30 at a minimum. Referees have shied away from being too accurate though and now blow up pretty much on the dot unless it’s a Disney team and they’re losing.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think these rules are ridiculous to be honest.

People rightly moan about things like time wasting, but when you enforce things to the letter of the law it becomes daft.

There needs to be common sense.

Tonight wasn't too bad because the game was close. But, there's a very real chance, for example, we lose three or four nil to Man United on the opening day. So they could score two or three goals in one half. That's already taking you to around 5-6 minutes on it's own. Without a particularly lengthy VAR intervention or an injury, you're quite easily going to be reaching 10 minutes. So, on the opening day, we could be 4-0 down and get 10-15 minutes!

Similarly, the bookings for the kicking the ball away were harsh tonight. I'm not totally against that if applied properly, but Sheffield Wednesday had no intention of taking the free-kick, so it wasn't stopping a quick one. Similarly, Gregory barely touched it for the Southampton free-kick. He was booked because Armstrong was.

If they stop people taking a free-kick, or even the chance, then fair enough. But, we all know Bruno Fernandes/Casemiro isn't going to get a second yellow for doing this if United are in a close game. Or Rice, Salah, Rodri etc. I don't like rules being in place where we deep down know they won't be applied to the bigger teams.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the referee calculated there were to be four and a half added minutes for example, the board would only show the 4 minutes yet the referee should play to 94.30 at a minimum. Referees have shied away from being too accurate though and now blow up pretty much on the dot unless it’s a Disney team and they’re losing.
Exactly, which is why it's announced as a minimum, not an exact amount

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think these rules are ridiculous to be honest.

People rightly moan about things like time wasting, but when you enforce things to the letter of the law it becomes daft.

There needs to be common sense.

Tonight wasn't too bad because the game was close. But, there's a very real chance, for example, we lose three or four nil to Man United on the opening day. So they could score two or three goals in one half. That's already taking you to around 5-6 minutes on it's own. Without a particularly lengthy VAR intervention or an injury, you're quite easily going to be reaching 10 minutes. So, on the opening day, we could be 4-0 down and get 10-15 minutes!

Similarly, the bookings for the kicking the ball away were harsh tonight. I'm not totally against that if applied properly, but Sheffield Wednesday had no intention of taking the free-kick, so it wasn't stopping a quick one. Similarly, Gregory barely touched it for the Southampton free-kick. He was booked because Armstrong was.

If they stop people taking a free-kick, or even the chance, then fair enough. But, we all know Bruno Fernandes/Casemiro isn't going to get a second yellow for doing this if United are in a close game. Or Rice, Salah, Rodri etc. I don't like rules being in place where we deep down know they won't be applied to the bigger teams.

To be fair, let’s wait until the Sky six play and see if the same criteria applies. I hope it does, and there is no reason it shouldn’t.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aside from our game v Rennes today, later on (I think 7-00pm) there is a game that may be of interest to some on here I certainly will be watching it, Al-Ittihad (Nuno) are playing against Al-Hilal (Ruben) it should be an interesting match up between these two former Wolf's who both gave us some great moments in our recent past.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aside from our game v Rennes today, later on (I think 7-00pm) there is a game that may be of interest to some on here I certainly will be watching it, Al-Ittihad (Nuno) are playing against Al-Hilal (Ruben) it should be an interesting match up between these two former Wolf's who both gave us some great moments in our recent past.
No thanks.

Love them for what they did for us but I’m not watching a second of that nonsense.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, let’s wait until the Sky six play and see if the same criteria applies. I hope it does, and there is no reason it shouldn’t.

you just know if a small team is 1-0 up at a top 6 side there who’ll be 20+ minutes added on

This is all well and good until they **** it up the other way round

I’m sure these new rules will be applied as fairly and equitably as all the rest of them…

#checkingshirtbadge

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What channel ?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back to non-league, away for the Daggers today at Altrincham.

Without Wrexham/Notts County the Conference will be quite open. Early money is on York, but Oldham and Chesterfield are tidy outfits.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Rotherham playing a back 3. You see Lembiska playing as a wing back?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An interesting run-out today and (allowing for team strength varying) an impressive result given what Rennes did against West Ham and Trees in the last week.

I was seeing how the other half live today. In the top of the Bully Quiet. I'd forgotten just how bloody awful our most expensive stand actually is. Equally as crap legroom as the SBU, narrow concourses that struggled to cope with way less than a full house, and pee-poor toilet facilities.

Back
Top Bottom