Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ticket Website now powered by Ticketmaster?

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Brought a Prodigy ticket today off Ticketmaster, £57 face value I paid £60, very fair to me. Viagogo wAnted £90 for the ssame ticket

Those Prodigy tickets have a face value of less than £50, but sellers have to show the price including per-ticket fees up front, which is where the £57 comes from. The £3 is an additional per-transaction charge, so the total fees can be up to £11 per ticket.

To be fair to Ticketmaster, they're having to share the £11 with the venue and promoter.

IMO it would be much better if they abolished fees altogether and the retailer chose a final price that worked for them, just like everything else you buy. The face value is meaningless and confusing nowadays.

bigwolf

Reaction score
Noticed there is a 'Powered by Ticketmaster' strap at the bottom of the tickets page.

Can't remember if that was there before.

All my network (friends and family) have disappeared.

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
Just posted this on the AST thread but went onto the Wolves site this morning and was able to renew my Gold AST. The confirmation e-mail was from Ticketmaster (and was to my g-mail address).

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The countdown clock appeared to be client side so you could fool it in to stopping. Just meant you could lock stuff in your basket ages before it went on sale.
How did you fool it ?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves general manager for commercial operations Vinny Clark said: “We are very pleased to be partnering with Ticketmaster, a globally established industry leader, from the summer of 2023.

“As always, when reviewing our commercial partnerships, fan experience is at the very top of our agenda and we want our ticketing checkout journey to be hassle-free and straightforward. We believe Ticketmaster are the best in class in this field and we’re certain our fans will see the benefit from this when buying tickets in the future.”

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had an invite for membership plus, can't actually checkout with it as the checkout link takes me to my supporter hub page and I go round in a loop each time I try!

Yeah, having similar issues. Think this one might need a call or visit to the ticket office!

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticketmaster has been an awful company for 30 years. This is a mistake.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Why are they changing something that worked fine?
Indeed. I thought the season ticket book worked fine before we had the credit card style season ticket, but of course you needed to employ turnstile operators to take your ticket.

wootty54

Reaction score
Not heard much from "Vinny" this last season or so and after reading his latest on the ticketing changeover the LESS we hear is definitely best. Adding to Vinnies comments about "Hasslefree, straightforward" and "fan experience is at the very top of our agenda" the Head of Ticketing has used the word "seamless" in another article today?
I spent well over half an hour yesterday afternoon trying to renew my AST on line and after getting the same problems as numerous other mixers gave up to try again this morning. I'm a retired git so have spare time in the day as opposed to some who work and could be very limited for using their phones on shop floors etc. Tried multiple times again this morning via my email link and also by directly logging onto the Wolves site but every time I clicked the "Find tickets" option I defaulted back to my profile page.
Gave up and spoke to a human in the ticket office and all was sorted and paid for very easily and quickly as is usuall when dealing with the "youngsters" manning the ticket office phones/desks.
They've apparently been working on this change for many months so where did seamless, hasslefree and straightforward go?
I'm going to leave adding my friends and family for a few days until its settled down a bit and then look forward to watching some decent footie this season.

NSWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Had an invite for membership plus, can't actually checkout with it as the checkout link takes me to my supporter hub page and I go round in a loop each time I try!
Yeah, having similar issues. Think this one might need a call or visit to the ticket office!

Seem to have renewed mine sucessfully. Did it using a W10 laptop though as my dotage always ensures I have trouble with mobiles. Don’t know if that makes a difference. Received a confirmation e-mail.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seem to have renewed mine sucessfully. Did it using a W10 laptop though as my dotage always ensures I have trouble with mobiles. Don’t know if that makes a difference. Received a confirmation e-mail.

Yes, just managed to do mine and the wife's.

Issue I've now got is the new system appears to have wiped out any linked accounts. So my 7 year old, who also uses my email address hasn't had an invitation, when me and my wife have (all been to the same amount of games).

SuziQ

Reaction score

Glad it wasn't just me.

Yes, just managed to do mine and the wife's.

Issue I've now got is the new system appears to have wiped out any linked accounts. So my 7 year old, who also uses my email address hasn't had an invitation, when me and my wife have (all been to the same amount of games).

Finally managed to sort mine too on my phone. Can't use my work laptop as it thinks I'm a bot due to browser restrictions!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just managed to upgrade both mine and the daughters memberships to Membership+.
It was a bit of a pain in the backside, as she was no longer linked to my account, but we got there in the end.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t really see what the benefit of moving over to ticketmaster can be unless it’s about cyber security which is the only decent thing they have going for them.

OldBrightonWolf

Reaction score
Just posted this on the AST thread but went onto the Wolves site this morning and was able to renew my Gold AST. The confirmation e-mail was from Ticketmaster (and was to my g-mail address).
Impossible to renew ast online yesterday so did it by phone. Had to call again today to check its renewed as no confirmation came through.. I've a Gmail account

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Had the same thing took three attempts I’ve done it now but not straightforward at all

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just managed to upgrade both mine and the daughters memberships to Membership+.
It was a bit of a pain in the backside, as she was no longer linked to my account, but we got there in the end.

Yeah, had to re-add them as linked account manually, but easy enough to work out in.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used the link on the email to renew membership + for memberships I have and they are now linked on my account. Wasn't easy but got there. Well except for 2 of them that don't seem to exist.

Hoping its being done in alphabetical order and they haven't got there yet.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
It’s a poor show if they don’t reinstate everyone’s friends and family details. They have all the info, surely can’t be that difficult.
Or at least warned us this was going to be the case so that we could of made a note of the supporter no's rather than now having to ask everyone for them again.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Managed to add my other 2 memberships to Membership+.

The problem was that even though the 2 names are registered as O' D... the system has dropped the apostrophe and its just. OD....

Might solve a few problems for anyone struggling.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible experience. Tried two devices and four cards. No dice. So i had to ring up. Why on earth did the club do this?!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a poor show if they don’t reinstate everyone’s friends and family details. They have all the info, surely can’t be that difficult.
down to data privacy i guess not allowed to pass those links to new company without your permission
They could of course have asked people if they were happy for those details to be transferred or not (guess they would then need some way of recording that in the system)
advanced warning that we were going to have to do this would have been good so could collect data from the old system first

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
down to data privacy i guess not allowed to pass those links to new company without your permission
They could of course have asked people if they were happy for those details to be transferred or not (guess they would then need some way of recording that in the system)
advanced warning that we were going to have to do this would have been good so could collect data from the old system first
Yep, a courtesy email a week or two ago just to say “we’re switching to a new provider, so make a note of any friends’ details in case they’re not transferred across” was all it needed.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticketmaster have ruined live music so let's see if they do the same to football. Forced to use the cowboys many times as there is often no other way to get tickets, but I hate them with a passion.

Ticketmaster arent actually that bad.
O2 have ruined live music

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Ticketmaster arent actually that bad.
O2 have ruined live music
Don't know about O2 but Ticketmaster and all of their rip off offshoots are are the absolute pits. They aren't actually that bad, they're ****ing awful.

Last edited:

bigwolf

Reaction score
Yep, a courtesy email a week or two ago just to say “we’re switching to a new provider, so make a note of any friends’ details in case they’re not transferred across” was all it needed.

That would be the sensible thing to do but this is wolves remember. Tinpot as usual.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mine and my daughter's memberships haven't carried over. I was able to add friends and family back in, thankfully, although no loyalty points are showing..... It does seem a bit of a shambles

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Mine and my daughter's memberships haven't carried over. I was able to add friends and family back in, thankfully, although no loyalty points are showing..... It does seem a bit of a shambles
Loyalty points get reset at the start of every season anyway don’t they?

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loyalty points get reset at the start of every season anyway don’t they?
Last season’s are normally carried over for the first few weeks of the new season then reset around the end of September.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Vinny's ' Hassle free' comments look slightly silly!

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With ticket prices set for this season, I would expect a big increase next season as ticketmaster will want their cut.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
With ticket prices set for this season, I would expect a big increase next season as ticketmaster will want their cut.
I think one thing Vinny has worked out is that asking people for an admin charge goes down very badly.
£400 + £6 admin = outrage
£420 + £0 admin = where do I sign?

I doubt Ticketmaster will be taking any extra cut though.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know about O2 but Ticketmaster and all of their rip off offshoots are are the absolute pits. They aren't actually that bad, they're ****ing awful.
O2 own many of the live music venues in the Uk. They pre-sale tickets to O2 customers a couple of days before they officially go on sale resulting in tickets on resale sites and being bought by touts and on sale before the official sale day. When tickets go on general sale at say 10am they are generally sold out a minute past 10.

Its an utter disgrace and I don't understand how a process that is encouraging touting and profiteering of tickets is allowed to stand.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O2 own many of the live music venues in the Uk. They pre-sale tickets to O2 customers a couple of days before they officially go on sale resulting in tickets on resale sites and being bought by touts and on sale before the official sale day. When tickets go on general sale at say 10am they are generally sold out a minute past 10.

Its an utter disgrace and I don't understand how a process that is encouraging touting and profiteering of tickets is allowed to stand.
Also all their venues sound absolutely ****e and only sell Carlsberg-tainted water for £7 a pint

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think one thing Vinny has worked out is that asking people for an admin charge goes down very badly.
£400 + £6 admin = outrage
£420 + £0 admin = where do I sign?

I doubt Ticketmaster will be taking any extra cut though.
If their fee is built into the ticket price then prices will go up next season, they aint going to do it for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom