Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ticket Website now powered by Ticketmaster?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
O2 own many of the live music venues in the Uk. They pre-sale tickets to O2 customers a couple of days before they officially go on sale resulting in tickets on resale sites and being bought by touts and on sale before the official sale day. When tickets go on general sale at say 10am they are generally sold out a minute past 10.

Its an utter disgrace and I don't understand how a process that is encouraging touting and profiteering of tickets is allowed to stand.
The whole ticketing industry has become a legalised rip off and how it has been allowed to go on is a mystery. Ticketmaster and their various sister companies are the worst culprits but I appreciate that the whole industry is pretty rotten. Not to sound like an old codger, but in pre-internet days it was a pretty simple and fair process and most tickets went to real fans. Even though I lived in the South Wales valleys I still managed to get tickets for the likes of Springsteen, Prince, Whitney Houston, Bon Jovi, Queen, Glastonbury etc. at various venues through the UK (Birmingham NEC, Wembley Arena / Stadium etc) and also had no problem getting tickets for big football games.

Now it seems impossible to get tickets for anything mildly popular and if you do you pay through the nose, especially with the added on fees. The last straw for me has been the Springsteen tickets this summer. Seen Bruce on every UK tour since 1980, but when I applied for tickets this year, due to Ticketmaster's new dynamic pricing policy, the standing tickets I applied for everywhere where around £350. Springsteen has always been good about pricing with his fans but this time when asked about it he said that it's the system these days and it's fair that they should get paid like other bands. Well, I thought, thanks Bruce, but you can **** right off. Indeed, was offered tickets at the last minute in Edinburgh by someone couldn't go for £50 each but I couldn't be bothered. Lost the love.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loyalty points get reset at the start of every season anyway don’t they?
No, it's normally after about 6 games.

Last seasons points are used for purchasing the first few away games

bigwolf

Reaction score
O2 own many of the live music venues in the Uk. They pre-sale tickets to O2 customers a couple of days before they officially go on sale resulting in tickets on resale sites and being bought by touts and on sale before the official sale day. When tickets go on general sale at say 10am they are generally sold out a minute past 10.

Its an utter disgrace and I don't understand how a process that is encouraging touting and profiteering of tickets is allowed to stand.

It's called capitalism.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
So is it just a case of us waiting for the club to add our data? Me and my son have no ticket history in these new accounts, no proof of memberships that we have bought for the forthcoming season. We have tried to add each other to our networks using both our membership numbers and emails but nothing works. Is this the same for everyone?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
So is it just a case of us waiting for the club to add our data? Me and my son have no ticket history in these new accounts, no proof of memberships that we have bought for the forthcoming season. We have tried to add each other to our networks using both our membership numbers and emails but nothing works. Is this the same for everyone?
It knows I'm a STH and I rebuilt my 'network', but no loyalty points or ticketing history.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It knows I'm a STH and I rebuilt my 'network', but no loyalty points or ticketing history.
Cheers. Nothing works for us and we're both stated as having "no active membership." Emailed fan services to see if they can help. I imagine they will have been inundated. Not a great introduction to Ticketmaster.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Cheers. Nothing works for us and we're both stated as having "no active membership." Emailed fan services to see if they can help. I imagine they will have been inundated. Not a great introduction to Ticketmaster.
Got a pretty quick reply from Fan Services and this may help some people:

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you for getting in touch

I have added (SON'S NAME) to your network, you will be able to view this now on your online account

If you visit the News page on the main Wolves website going forward this does have a guide on "how to add supporters to your Network ,"

News | Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (wolves.co.uk)

Supports cannot view on their account the membership , season tickets etc , this should be resolved shortly
sorry for any inconvenience

Please do get in touch if we can assist any further,
___________________________________________________________________________________________

The instructions on the website don't work for me (it always states "Oops there is a problem" but may wrk for some of you. I can be resolved by contacting Fan Services though.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If getting tickets this season is as painful as trying to get a mascot package has been this morning, it's going to be a frustrating one.

To summarise. Games that were already sold out showing as tickets being available, as people holding stuff in their baskets.

The reason for this is because when I did manage to get one in my basket, I tried to pay and couldn't. So only option is to hold it and keep trying.

Got to the point where I had to confirm the payment on my banking app, but then the website said my card details were incorrect, which can't be the case if the banking app has picked up the payment.

Tried 3 times. That's enough. I'll keep my money. It's not like the club will struggle to sell them, so why bother having a functional website?!

I'll just voice my displeasure by spending less money in the club shop on crap red kits, and buying all my snacks in ASDA before the games!

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tickets for Luton and Rennes games go on sale to season ticket holders tomorrow morning at 9.

Another test for the new system.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got an email this evening. £11 for adults and Free U17 tickets for both games with every adult purchased.
To be clear, my understanding is that the adult has to buy tickets for both games at the same time in order to get a free U17 ticket for each of them.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know when last seasons loyalty points will be re-added?

Surely the Utd tickets will be on sale soon?

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a STH but it’s not giving me the option to purchase the Luton & Rennes tickets for some reason

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m a STH but it’s not giving me the option to purchase the Luton & Rennes tickets for some reason
Just worked fine for me, although I couldn't see an option to purchase my own seats.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
No option to purchase own seats but when trying to find your seat on the map I couldn’t see any row letters or seat numbers it’s rubbish

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No option to purchase own seats but when trying to find your seat on the map I couldn’t see any row letters or seat numbers it’s rubbish
It definitely needs some improvement and the loyalty points adding asap!

Also had 2 emails off Wolves this morning about the games, as they had missed some details off the first one!

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just worked fine for me, although I couldn't see an option to purchase my own seats.
For the first 5 minutes or so whenever i’d click find tickets it would just redirect me to my profile.

Then I had the issue of it saying the seat map wasn’t loading & also being accused of being a bot once or twice lol

Safe to say from my perspective the site worked much better before we switched.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
For the first 5 minutes or so whenever i’d click find tickets it would just redirect me to my profile.
That kept happening for me as well but then eventually it got through to the seat map etc.
Would be much easier if you could just input your row and seat number option

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Then I had the issue of it saying the seat map wasn’t loading & also being accused of being a bot once or twice lol

Safe to say from my perspective the site worked much better before we switched.
Given how glitchy the previous site was that comment is utterly damning. Sadly predictable though given Ticketmaster's performance at other clubs...

Roswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely awful, the schematic looks like it's been done by a 2 year old!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Yes, clearly not going to give that option as neither the Steve Bull not the upper tiers behind the goals are open. Presume attendance of 15k is the most they're expecting even though we'll be desperate to see all the new signings!

It's a bit messy currently, but the best way seems to be to go to an area and then go to the bottom to select a seat where you want it. Partly usual issues with change, partly actually is worse I'd say.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got adult tickets no problem. Seems to take a lot longer than the old system.

Wouldn't let me add the free junior though.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the prices for the Rennais game please as I can’t get in !

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

O2 don't own any venues, it's just a sponsorship deal like The Emirates.

O2 venue ticket sales are now going through a mobile app which doesn't allow customers to re-sell them. This cuts down on touts, but has its own problems as a lot of people don't like to be restricted to getting their tickets on an app.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
The other thing is under the old system you got the pdf tickets straight away with the confirmation email so had plenty of time to print them off.

Apparently tickets are sent nearer the event with this new system :-(

ToastedWanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
Whats the crack with Junior? Complains there's no adults when I added, er, adults lol..

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O2 don't own any venues, it's just a sponsorship deal like The Emirates.

O2 venue ticket sales are now going through a mobile app which doesn't allow customers to re-sell them. This cuts down on touts, but has its own problems as a lot of people don't like to be restricted to getting their tickets on an app.
Sorry but that's not correct, tickets for sale on sites today for Depeche Mode including Viagogo at inflated values.

Also you can still buy tickets easily via Schpocketc at silly values.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I hit "Find Tickets", it sends me to my profile !!!
Very frustrating is all this.

R

reanswolf

Same here, tried to buy tickets for one of the friendlies for me and my lad. Just impossible and can’t find friends and families connection anywhere, so have given up

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Same here, tried to buy tickets for one of the friendlies for me and my lad. Just impossible and can’t find friends and families connection anywhere, so have given up
I feel your pain. None of the links seem to work. Send you to pages other than the ones you want. After I emailed Fan Services they linked my account with my son's and also sent me a link to a page that shows how to do it. Unfortunately the page of instructions didn't exist and the method for linking accounts didn't work anyway. Whether it's booking tickets or adding friends to your network, you just seem to go around in circles. It's awful.

One piece of good news, my membership starting showing on my account earlier today.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
I had my IT savvy daughter link the accounts I needed without a problem, I then purchased the tickets but it only came up with row and seat numbers once clicked on to reserve. I suspect that once we play cup games and reserve our seats this wont be a problem for STH's.

I have now received a confirmatory email to say tickets reserved.

I agree it seems more complicated than the previous system but after a few goes think everyone will get the hang of it

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I had my IT savvy daughter link the accounts I needed without a problem, I then purchased the tickets but it only came up with row and seat numbers once clicked on to reserve. I suspect that once we play cup games and reserve our seats this wont be a problem for STH's.

I have now received a confirmatory email to say tickets reserved.

I agree it seems more complicated than the previous system but after a few goes think everyone will get the hang of it
I agree, it doesn’t seem particularly user friendly but that could be because it’s new, once we’re used to it we’ll probably be fine.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
I tried to link a friends details following the instructions, but it didn’t work. I emailed fan services but their response didn’t make sense. I have now asked them if they will link the friend for me, still waiting for a response. What a bloody mess.

Back
Top Bottom