Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ticket Website now powered by Ticketmaster?

Moseley Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Looks like it’s all changed for next season when I went on today. Can’t see things like loyalty points anywhere?

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its been on and offline for days now. Noticed it looked different this afternoon but looks like not in operation yet.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 away tickets always costs me £62. Which I think is 2x50p admin and 1x£1 transaction. So that's the same I think.
Ticketmaster charge around 10% on concert tickets so hope they are not taking over Wolves sales.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No more basket trick. RIP

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like it’s all changed for next season when I went on today. Can’t see things like loyalty points anywhere?

Its been on and offline for days now. Noticed it looked different this afternoon but looks like not in operation yet.
Couldn’t see points either, nor friends and family. Hopefully it’ll all be added before they go live with it.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was the basket trick? I had my own trick, wonder if it's the same. I didn't publicize my dirty little trick though.
The countdown clock appeared to be client side so you could fool it in to stopping. Just meant you could lock stuff in your basket ages before it went on sale.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The countdown clock appeared to be client side so you could fool it in to stopping. Just meant you could lock stuff in your basket ages before it went on sale.
That's not my trick. I'm a sneaky little **** and I'm too embarrassed to say what it is.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season we were talking to a few Forest fans on the train to an away game.

They'd got ticketmaster sorting their away tickets and it sounded a horrific experience.

They were absolutely fuming about it, I don't think they'd had a game at that point where there weren't issues.

Hopefully it goes well but I wouldn't hold my breath from hearing their experiences.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully won't have the same issues seen at Sunderland. You don't receive emails if you have a Gmail.com address, and they're about to bring in Digital ticketing that requires an NFC enabled phone. Thanks Ticketmaster

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, what's an NFC enabled phone?

In practice it probably means "No ****ing Chance" that mine works with Ticketmaster.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, what's an NFC enabled phone?

In practice it probably means "No ****ing Chance" that mine works with Ticketmaster.
It's similar technology to contactless payment cards. "Near field communications"

What it means in practice is that season card holders at Sunderland have had to pay £400+ to renew in April, on a vague promise that there may be an alternative for those without a compatible phone, communicated in July.

Most cheap (sub £100) phones don't have NFC. A lot of older fans attending since Roker Park days are struggling with the concept.

It's also a means of preventing you passing your cards on if you can't make it to a game. The club has said there'll be some means of passing tickets on but again absolutely no detail as to what that constitutes. Their original suggestion was to forward on the email containing your digital season ticket.

Throw in a box office that doesn't answer emails, with the added bonus of the Gmail problem. Difficult to know how much is SAFC's fault and how much is Ticketmaster's

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Saw plenty of people struggling to get in with NFC at the Etihad last season. Stewards saying it's like this every week.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw plenty of people struggling to get in with NFC at the Etihad last season. Stewards saying it's like this every week.
Hopefully my 2+2 = 5, but I've got Sunderland season cards for my lad and I as we live in North Tyneside and it's a cheap route to live football, so spend a fair bit of time on the Sunderland forum these days.

Supposedly Newcastle are adopting the same system this summer, and there's talk of trying to get the top two leagues onto similar systems to cut down on touting and loyalty points being passed on etc. Dunno how that fits into rival platforms in terms of interoperability though.

Last edited:

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got ticket for Croke Park last Sunday. Ticketmaster now look after GAA tickets. Used to be easy enough to take a screen shot of a ticket but now you have to transfer tickets to others through Ticketmaster by email if you have purchased more than one ticket. They also tell you to save it to your wallet as if there are signal problems at the ground you may not be able to open the app.

Think they are trying to drive people away from going to gigs/ games.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hopefully won't have the same issues seen at Sunderland. You don't receive emails if you have a Gmail.com address, and they're about to bring in Digital ticketing that requires an NFC enabled phone. Thanks Ticketmaster
So how does a child (or adult without a phone) get in - crazy

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ticketmaster charge around 10% on concert tickets so hope they are not taking over Wolves sales.
Brought a Prodigy ticket today off Ticketmaster, £57 face value I paid £60, very fair to me. Viagogo wAnted £90 for the ssame ticket

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So how does a child (or adult without a phone) get in - crazy
Exactly. Various rumours flying around about what the ticket office will do for those refusing the NFC option.

One option for me might be a cheap burner phone that I stick both of our tickets on, so can just pass the phone on if someone wants to use the tickets. But back to your point I'm really not keen on scanning my five year old first, him going through the turnstile, then getting him to wait while I swipe to my ticket and rey again.

At the moment there's a steward who always looks out for us and keeps an eye on my lad once he's through and I'm tapping my season card. There's no way this new system will prove any quicker.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are they changing something that worked fine?
It doesn’t work fine though as fans abuse the system and sell their tickets on for the points which in turn denies fans lower down the points pyramid to get to games and build up their only totals.

However NFC isn’t going to solve the above issue either. Just makes things harder for everyone. Man City away was a bit of a joke with stewards letting fans in who didnt/couldn’t download their ticket on the phone.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn’t work fine though as fans abuse the system and sell their tickets on for the points which in turn denies fans lower down the points pyramid to get to games and build up their only totals.

However NFC isn’t going to solve the above issue either. Just makes things harder for everyone. Man City away was a bit of a joke with stewards letting fans in who didnt/couldn’t download their ticket on the phone.
How’s using ticket master going to change that?

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don’t gmail users get emails from ticketmaster?

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You don’t mind using my tickets every other week to fill your car though do ya ;)

SevernWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

They charge 10% on concert tickets because the that's what they've agreed with the concert promoters. Face value (now meaningless) is £50, Ticketmaster charge £55 and they pay the promoter (say) £52. With football tickets, the clubs usually share some of the face value with ticket sellers, so the booking fees should be minimal.

Back
Top Bottom