Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

This board has hit rock bottom...

D

Dewolf

This is the first time i've ever come on this message board and seen no real match ratings, reports or even a mention of the young lad Anthony Forde getting a game which i assumed was newsworthy. The first two things being reasons i use this site as i don't live in Wolves anymore....in their place is just post after post of utter negativity.

Makes me wonder how many of other people have deserted here for this very reason.

J

Jarvo for England

I have a look on here every now and then but to be perfectly honest its full of single minded idiots talking the same garbage every week. We lose-this must mean we are rubbish. We win-this must mean we are good. Only so much people can take from those with no understanding of the game

M

MK Panther

Fantastic result today so pleased we limited it to three goals and we are certainly on a run now. Feeling better? We lost so I am not sure why you feel fans should not voice their concerns, there is very little to rejoice about when we are everybodies 3 pointer.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I asked about Forde.

When we lose a lot of moaners who don't post otherwise come out in droves with simple, non-analytical ranting. It might be the same on other clubs' forums but I am well sick of this forum when we lose. They seem not to realise how fixed this League is by money and money alone and that we don't have a chance to be anything than in a bottom half scramble against relegation, because the club, quite rightly, is avoiding the 'pay well above your income' approach of most of the clubs around us.

This League is a disgrace to sporting values in every sense, from the wage policy of clubs to the endemic diving and cheating which is particularly true of the top clubs' strikers. Our club is being built on solid and correct principles in opposition to this.

Hollywood_wolf

Reaction score
I asked about Forde.

When we lose a lot of moaners who don't post otherwise come out in droves with simple, non-analytical ranting. It might be the same on other clubs' forums but I am well sick of this forum when we lose. They seem not to realise how fixed this League is by money and money alone and that we don't have a chance to be anything than in a bottom half scramble against relegation, because the club, quite rightly, is avoiding the 'pay well above your income' approach of most of the clubs around us.

This League is a disgrace to sporting values in every sense, from the wage policy of clubs to the endemic diving and cheating which is particularly true of the top clubs' strikers. Our club is being built on solid and correct principles in opposition to this.

Absolutely right.

Never mind 'take back the game'.....

How about we take back this board.

B

Bostin

Just do what I do and avoid it weekends. Come back in the week when the kids are back at school!

R

richiej95

What the hell do you expect, everyone rejoicing at our 8th loss out of 10? We are not going to be saying how great it is one lad got on for a game when we have more important things to discuss, such as why our team are $$$$!

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our team isn't. They are a great bunch, just like the team of the Bully era and the ones from the early 70s and the early 60s - proper teams.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the first time i've ever come on this message board and seen no real match ratings, reports or even a mention of the young lad Anthony Forde getting a game which i assumed was newsworthy. The first two things being reasons i use this site as i don't live in Wolves anymore....in their place is just post after post of utter negativity.

Makes me wonder how many of other people have deserted here for this very reason.
No mate, Wolves have hit rock bottom and it's not only fans deserting here, it's fans deserting Wolves which is far more worrying imo.

W

wanderer24

Moaning about negative posting is absolutely ridiculous. If you've got something positive you want to add to this forum, then do it. If other people want to post negative stuff then let them get on with it.
You can't moan about negative posting, you're just adding to the negativity you muppets.

S

SourCream&OnionUtd

Moaning about negative posting is absolutely ridiculous. If you've got something positive you want to add to this forum, then do it. If other people want to post negative stuff then let them get on with it.
You can't moan about negative posting, you're just adding to the negativity you muppets.

Dewolf can answer for himself obviously but the negativity didn't necessarily appear to me to be his main point, tbf. A "verdict thread" was only posted recently, for example, which is pretty unusual you have to admit. We seem scattered and driven on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The title of this Thread is actually a positivity - in fact some might say too bloody positive.

If this is "Rock Bottom" then the only way is up. And look ? We're not even in a relegation place at so-called Rock Bottom.

Maybe a wiser choice of title ?: " This Board has Hit another Bottom".

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iv posted on here for years, when we were good, when we were bad. And I still post now when we are downright ugly.

So have most the others on here. ...

R

Rocky_Balllboa

Happy clapper, lets rejoice and praise the 3 wise men of Molineux :)

D

Deleted member 4008

How can anyone say that about the message boards. We are in our 3rd season in the Prem and can anyone really say on the pitch we have made real progress ?. Yes we are getting a new stand but even that they are looking at pulling the plug on redeveloping the other stands. We have not improved a dodgy defence over the last couple of seasons. And the same mistakes are been made week in week out with the same bafferling team selections. I think quite a few fans are fed up and would like a change as at the moment we look clueless and stale on the pitch. If you honestly think we have a lot to be happy about thats your point of view and that is why it is a fans forum . Football is about entertainment and 4 points out of a possible 33 is not real entertainment for me.

D

Dewolf

Happy clapper, lets rejoice and praise the 3 wise men of Molineux :)

My point was that at the time of posting there were 10 'opinion' posts/rants about how the manager should be sacked all basically expressing the same view in slightly different ways. If there are 9 threads on that, why do people feel an urge to add another?....do they think theirs is just that little bit more perceptive? Their comments just that little bit more pithy?

There was nothing on there about the actual game.....no real information for someone who didn't go.

Your comment nicely sums up that so well done.

D

Dewolf

I was complaining about the lack of match reports and information about the game. Should i post some of them myself then? I've been using the site for about 5 years and this was and is the most useless it's been to me as someone looking to find out what happened.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps, because of the dire standard of football being watched week after week, with little or no relief, people are losing interest. Just a thought.

P

Paul76

It's quite simple really, a lot of fans are past caring. That's why some fans are comparing the current situation to that of the Hoddle era.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think quite a few fans are starting to lose interest in it all. The standard of football we play is dire and we have not made any progression since we got promoted. It could be argued we are starting to look worse. It all seems very dull and stale to me.

T

TonySoprano

I have a look on here every now and then but to be perfectly honest its full of single minded idiots talking the same garbage every week. We lose-this must mean we are rubbish. We win-this must mean we are good. Only so much people can take from those with no understanding of the game

You do realise the irony of your post and having Jarvo for England as your username don't you?

Agreed on people past caring, mate turned round to me in the pub yesterday and said, "i'm not even gutted we're losing, i'm just not ***** now."

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
actually the reason I avoid MM after a loss is that it is so negative and mostly the usual MM out polls and such

I am a supporter always have been and always will be - we havent been the best team in the land since my childhood and probably wont ever be again

I did post on here when we were doing well in the Coca Cola league saying that this might be where we want to stay because even mid table respectability in the rich league still means losing half the time

as a final point, it seems the expectations of most fans (Chelsea, Everton, Stoke etc) go above what is possible - maybe there is something wrong with the fans???

E

Essex Wolf

Most likely the reason no one has made a post about the performance Dewolf is there really is nothing positive to say.

Wolves were utter rubbish from the very KO and could have been a goal down even before Terry's opener. Absolutely no idea and if that was McCarthy's plan and idea of keeping things quite etc etc he failed on a massively and miserable scale.

P

Paul76

When we're playing as rubbish as we are, I avoid Match of the day and the newspapers. I think I do it because it just depresses me and it hits home how poor we are.

Maybe some posters avoid this place for the very said reasons.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
How have we 'hit rock bottom' when we're in the PL and not even in the relegation zone?!

A bit of perspective is needed here.

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How have we 'hit rock bottom' when we're in the PL and not even in the relegation zone?!

that's the point - many posters on here were ecstatic when we were winning in the coca cola league - so what do we prefer - greatness in the Coca cola or mediocrity in the rich league? that is the choice!

E

Essex Wolf

I suppose rock bottom is being bottom of the league and therefore in the drop zone but after what I've seen the past few games UEA Wolves are heading that way.

The tactics used are truly terrible and plays right into the oppositions hands.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
I agree that there are genuine questions re the suitability of MM in taking the club forward and the tactics used in recent games, but we're not languishing in the bottom half of the Championship, but playing in one of -if not the- most competitive leagues in the world and we're still outside the relegation zone.

If we beat Sunderland - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility - everything will look (comparatively) rosey again.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never watch MOTD when we lose.

Which means I always feel very cheerful when I do tune in!

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
Shame isn't it.

It's always so much more popular when we lose.

If people only posted when we won it would be a very quiet board.
I went yesterday expecting a defeat, but it’s the manner of the defeat. We played with no passion or belief and haven’t done for a while now. I am struggling to find reasons to be optimistic.

E

Essex Wolf

I agree that there are genuine questions re the suitability of MM in taking the club forward and the tactics used in recent games, but we're not languishing in the bottom half of the Championship, but playing in one of -if not the- most competitive leagues in the world and we're still outside the relegation zone.

If we beat Sunderland - which isn't beyond the realms of possibility - everything will look (comparatively) rosey again.

The worry I have UEA is that the noises coming from Molineux lead me to believe no matter what happens this season McCarthy will remain the manager. If that's the case and going on recent events then a long drawn out relegation battle is on the cards but unlike last season I can't see Wolves getting any surprise victories against the big sides.

The squad, tactics, management and performances just aren't good enough at present but will Mick or Morgan do anything that will improve things? Sadly I don't think Mick is good enough to and I don't think Morgan cares.

D

Dewsburywolf

The title of this Thread is actually a positivity - in fact some might say too bloody positive.

If this is "Rock Bottom" then the only way is up. And look ? We're not even in a relegation place at so-called Rock Bottom.

Maybe a wiser choice of title ?: " This Board has Hit another Bottom".

that's the point - many posters on here were ecstatic when we were winning in the coca cola league - so what do we prefer - greatness in the Coca cola or mediocrity in the rich league? that is the choice!

I suppose rock bottom is being bottom of the league and therefore in the drop zone but after what I've seen the past few games UEA Wolves are heading that way.

The tactics used are truly terrible and plays right into the oppositions hands.

The thread title does actually say that this board ie Molineux Mix has hit rock bottom rather than the club & it's league position

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This place makes funereal reading at the best of times.

That said, I don't believe we've had a MM out poll in the last 2 games, so there's progress.

W

wanderer24

I was complaining about the lack of match reports and information about the game. Should i post some of them myself then? I've been using the site for about 5 years and this was and is the most useless it's been to me as someone looking to find out what happened.

Point taken and I agree we don't need new threads which basically amount to the same(Mick out)as one will do. I do reserve the right to moan and be negative if I so wish though.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In 1986 (???) where we are today is nowhere $$$$ing near where we were then

Perspective for $$$$'s sake

And where we are now is nowhere near where we were in the 50s! Works both ways for us oldies Jim.

Back
Top Bottom