Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

They ay happy down the Albooin

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems like they were the better team, again, but can’t score. The Championship allows for teams to have barren runs but if a team can then string together a good, long run they can be right up there for promotion. Baggies have been poor but they are still third. Long way to go yet.
Massive disclaimer against the word better in that opening sentence.

R

reanswolf

Handsworth Wood is superb, one of the best stocks of Victorian housing in Birmingham the further you get away from Soho Road, and plenty of money there too.
The immigrant areas are not so good, but last time I went round there the Indian shops were being replaced by Eastern European shops and there was a third distinct wave of migration going on, though i did see another very young black lad was shot dead the other week. I wonder if it will ever go back to being predominantly white English if poverty spreads?
Absolutely, Handsworth, a larger version of Whitmore Reans or Blakenhall, and similar in that like them, it was built to house the respectable working-classes. But as court-slums and back-to-backs were cleared in both towns, they became the main cheap housing areas for new immigrants to the area.

West Brom is just a mix of industrial units and non-descript housing areas, but it doesnt really have any particularly bad residential areas like Whtmore Reans nor large rough council estates, though it's certainly not posh either. Though Charlemont Farm was bad at one time. Smethwick is and has always been rougher, as has Whiteheath Gate.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely, Handsworth, a larger version of Whitmore Reans or Blakenhall, and similar in that like them, it was built to house the respectable working-classes. But as court-slums and back-to-backs were cleared in both towns, they became the main cheap housing areas for new immigrants to the area.

West Brom is just a mix of industrial units and non-descript housing areas, but it doesnt really have any particularly bad residential areas like Whtmore Reans nor large rough council estates, though it's certainly not posh either. Though Charlemont Farm was bad at one time. Smethwick is and has always been rougher, as has Whiteheath Gate.
Handsworth was upper middle class and very rich, it was farmland and a wood with fabulous large houses, Boulton and Watt...then used as an wartime evacuation point because it was very low density with lots of green space and not a bombing target. The old houses are still there today around the park going right up to Soho Road, it's a lot better than the bottom end of Whitmore Reans and was never slum.

The mistakes they made were the concrete jungles of the late1960's, early 1970's in nearby places like Lozells and Newtown, now largely wiped from the face of the earth after a dreadful 40-50yr lifespan and all those Black v Asian riots, mixed in with a bit of Maggie Thatcher

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you been to Great Bridge?

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only saving grace for them is the quality of the league this year, it’s as poor as I can recall in recent history. On the flip side, that doesn’t help them too much if they come up as the gulf is now huge. Especially for a side who rely on pressing and quite direct football like they do.

Throw in the fact they have no real structure in place, an absent owner and not a lot of money, you do feel they are one or two bits of bad luck away from a true journey into the abyss.

Knowing that it though, they will scrape up via the play offs, pocket the money, and the cycle continues. How magical would it be though to see them do a Weds/Forest/Sunderland etc…

Oh, and West Brom, Smethwick, Handsworth are some of the biggest dumps in the UK, certainly in the midlands. It’s not remotely racist to point out that English is now a minority language in those areas. They are complete dumps. Fitting for that football club.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I work right next to the Legoland Hawthorns. Absolute ****ing ****hole apart from Forge Lane.

Woodsetton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ve worked in the tower blocks down from Charlemont Farm, they’re rough! But I suppose similar to most tower blocks up and down the country. Would Yew Tree come under West Bum?

Tomcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Money well spent hahahaha. Wonder how much they've paid for the Hugill loan???
Just researched Hugill. West ham paid £10m for him a few years ago then sold him to norwich for £5m after he played a total of 22 minutes for them with no goals or assists.
That works out at £3788 per second of playing time.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

This post will haunt me for the season.

Thanks for ruining Christmas.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
… if your car gets written off in a smash you don't console yourself with the thought that the guy up the roads house burned down a couple of years ago.
That really depends on how much of a **** that guy was.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Handsworth Wood is superb, one of the best stocks of Victorian housing in Birmingham the further you get away from Soho Road, and plenty of money there too.
The immigrant areas are not so good, but last time I went round there the Indian shops were being replaced by Eastern European shops and there was a third distinct wave of migration going on, though i did see another very young black lad was shot dead the other week. I wonder if it will ever go back to being predominantly white English if poverty spreads?
White English only tends rise to when gentrification occurs. When the prices rise, then the white people 'return', can't speak for Midlands but you can see it in parts of London like Brixton, around Wembley stadium, or for myself in nearby Canning Town/Stratford.

R

reanswolf

I think 11000 is an error................isn't it?
Surely.

They are 3rd FFS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom