Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Wonder Of You

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shout is a better t for fears song. and slade come on feel the noize is superb on every level.

stoke wanderer

Groupie
Reaction score
what about that black and gold song by sam sparro as well they used to play a few years ago?not to run out to im a liquidator fan for that but somewhere in the build up or halftime/fulltime

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Channeling my love for the late great Terry Hall, I still think your wondering now would make a great song.

Still gutted

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Channeling my love for the late great Terry Hall, I still think your wondering now would make a great song.

Still gutted
I’ve always thought the same. Would work really well post-match, in my opinion.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You are a gentleman of fine taste Lou.
You too, you too!

I got into The Specials in the 90s as a teenager. Their comeback gig at the old Academy in Brum is still my favourite ever gig. Wolves sealed promotion at Barnsley that day as well, I think. I’ve been listening to lots of his post-Specials work since his death, the man was a class act.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You too, you too!

I got into The Specials in the 90s as a teenager. Their comeback gig at the old Academy in Brum is still my favourite ever gig. Wolves sealed promotion at Barnsley that day as well, I think. I’ve been listening to lots of his post-Specials work since his death, the man was a class act.
Love his version of I saw the light and sorrow.....as well as the Specials stuff obviously. Class act indeed.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Cum On Feel the Noize making an appearance too. Think they read the Mix, great simple mix of good songs (What's the Story too). If I'm being picky they still really need to work out how to go from Zep to the stupid anthem rubbish.

W

WasStefan

Cum On Feel the Noize making an appearance too. Think they read the Mix, great simple mix of good songs (What's the Story too). If I'm being picky they still really need to work out how to go from Zep to the stupid anthem rubbish.
If they scrapped of silver lining for the liquidator it will literally be perfect.

Silver lining should be reserved for half time/ post game after a big win.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If they scrapped of silver lining for the liquidator it will literally be perfect.

Silver lining should be reserved for half time/ post game after a big win.
Would definitely have the liquidator (won't happen). People get annoyed by goal music which I barely notice, but actually didn't like Rocking all over the World after the game when fans want to sing players' names.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand why we need any music. We should come out to silence then let the crowd make the noise.

rubyloo

Reaction score
Posted on verdict thread that the build up was excellent yesterday.

Not sure why we seem to have stopped the occasional official display/mosaic etc - each remaining home game is massive and I think it would help to remind everyone. Seems to be working well for forest.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I cringe at rockin all over the world, always have done. Might be unpopular opinion but its ****
I wish they’d play something linked to Wolves. I know people say it was played at Cardiff but I think they played it after every final there.
Wonder of You or Those were the days would be so much better.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish they’d play something linked to Wolves. I know people say it was played at Cardiff but I think they played it after every final there.

I've always associated "The Wonder of You" with Port Vale as its been sung by their lot for donkeys years.

Not sure how it came to be a Wolves song or how long ago it was first sung. Does anyone on the Mix know?

Bangla Wolf

Reaction score

Pretty sure Clint used to post on here.

Last edited:

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rocking all over the world just feels wierd after the final whistle. Just naff and not wolves.
Imagine if they put on the Liquidator after a game, the ground would go nuts.
It's absolutely naff and cringe worthy........reminds me of 'shouty man' .........If we aint going to have the goal music why not play it at the end if we've won . At least gets the crowd going and associated with only us in the prem

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've always associated "The Wonder of You" with Port Vale as its been sung by their lot for donkeys years.

Not sure how it came to be a Wolves song or how long ago it was first sung. Does anyone on the Mix know?
It was played in the early 1970s, possibly 1972/3 season. We went on a lengthy run of not losing at Molineux and the song coincided with that.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was played in the early 1970s, possibly 1972/3 season. We went on a lengthy run of not losing at Molineux and the song coincided with that.

Cheers FW.
I was around back then but don't remember hearing it. Then again, there's a lot of things I don't remember about back then.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely hungry like the wolf is perfect :D

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never liked Wonder of you when it was played at every game sounds like a funeral tune I'd rather have silence.

Harlechlad

Reaction score
No it’s an Arsenal hymn - the home and away supporters favourite is Those were the Days and I agree it’s synonymous with Wolves recognised by other clubs. But also why has l’Amour Toujours (the Espanyol) goal song been removed after scoring?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for Wonder of You it was played often in the 70s and then sporadically during the SJH regime. My memory gets worse the more recent it is, but I definitely feel like it was like played alot during the late 90s early 00s

Back
Top Bottom