Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The When Will Warnock Retire Thread…

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was close to taking over after Mick left. Read a book he’d written about his time at QPR and Leeds and it was close to happening but Morgan kept him waiting so he went to Leeds as I recall.

Yep, very nearly ended up at Wolves but Leeds showed more desire to get him so despite being in a lower league he went there. Talked about this on TalkSPORT just a few weeks back.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Warnock and Nuno might be more fun.

Why not all three?

I remember many years ago now, seeing he was going to be managing Bury at the start of a season. I observed to a mate that if I would bet on any team getting promoted that season I would back Bury. I didn't think anymore about it. My mate wasn't too happy mind you, Bury got relegated and he had backed them for promotion. Not to be outdone, I backed Cardiff for promotion this season as Mick was there manager.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There probably won’t be enough evidence but it’s safe to say that any accusation involving an “old school” manager and money is likely to be true.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just met him and his wife this morning on BA flight from Heathrow to Milan Malpensa.

Says one of his biggest regrets is not taking the Wolves job as at the time he thinks he could have saved us, was actually driving down Morgan’s drive way for the interview when he got a call from Bates at Leeds with the offer of a job without interview and he wanted a decision there and then so he accepted the Leeds job, his wife said she wanted him to take the Wolves job as well.
Said he likes Wolves fans and the fact that they have a connection with him on his very first league game at Scarborough.
Nuno. He and his wife met Nuno at the Managers conf/dinner last year and Nuno jokingly told him to ****off, ****off, ****off says they really like each other and have a good laugh together.

He is doing a tour talking about his life and football stories later on this year.

Nice chat about life and Lago Maggiore, really really nice couple.

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just met him and his wife this morning on BA flight from Heathrow to Milan Malpensa.

Says one of his biggest regrets is not taking the Wolves job as at the time he thinks he could have saved us, was actually driving down Morgan’s drive way for the interview when he got a call from Bates at Leeds with the offer of a job without interview and he wanted a decision there and then so he accepted the Leeds job, his wife said she wanted him to take the Wolves job as well.
Said he likes Wolves fans and the fact that they have a connection with him on his very first league game at Scarborough.
Nuno. He and his wife met Nuno at the Managers conf/dinner last year and Nuno jokingly told him to ****off, ****off, ****off says they really like each other and have a good laugh together.

He is doing a tour talking about his life and football stories later on this year.

:hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes:

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I loved Warnock and wanted him to manage Wolves in the pre-Fosun era. A guy who took no prisoners and always said what he felt. I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

While being a guest pundit on television, didn't Neil Warnock say he liked Nuno, it was his back room staff he couldn't stand...

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was absolutely convinced he’d end up our manager at some point around the mid/late 2000’s. Think the fans would have loved him like they did Mick.

Less characters in the game these days.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Brilliant, thanks for that.

Will keep a lookout for his tour, I'm sure he's got absolutely loads of great stories.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Definitely a tour I will be seeing.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will always fondly remember his words post match in the play-off final, literally 5mins after full time he said nothing but good words about us. He was delighted for us as anyone non Wolves. Showed what a proper bloke he was.

At the time, I would have been massively underwhelmed had he got the job after Mick but in hindsight, he would have been a good appointment. The exact type of person we needed on our side then.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He told one of his players to break Bullys legs
He told Nuno to **** off (several times)
He told sky that Nuno “lacked class”

And stood in the middle of the amphitheatre of football and screamed up to the baying mobs in the stands “are you not entertained?”

The league, Football, life, needs characters like this. It’s what makes it all interesting, and quite frankly, fun.

Warnock is not just a ****er. He is one of the best in the business. And I like that.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This quote from him seems to be doing the rounds just now - class if it is true:

'I don't want a minute silence when I die...
I'd like a full minute of chanting "Warnock is a w****r"

And I've no doubt his wish may come true :~}

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After a simply extraordinary career, Neil Warnock has officially called it a day aged 73.

Regardless of what you think of the man, him leading sides to so many promotions: on top of his fascinating character, has to make him one of the greatest gaffers in English history.

Happy Retirement Neil - you’ve bloody earnt it.
Sorry but not my sort of human being, just a nasty piece of work, glad he's jacked it in,

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was close to taking over after Mick left. Read a book he’d written about his time at QPR and Leeds and it was close to happening but Morgan kept him waiting so he went to Leeds as I recall.
Well, that's one thing we can thank Morgan for, had to be something LOL

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think one will change the title thread, as he returns to his former club in Huddersfield Town til the end of the season!

He helped The Terriers get promoted from the old Division Two in 1995.

The way that he's going he will end up as the first zombie manager, hopping up out of his coffin on a short-term contract to try to save some hapless club or other lol

Seriously, good luck to him, he's a genuine character in an increasingly homogenised wholly media-trained game....

Doubtless Woy will reappear somewhere soon....

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever you think of him, he was good material to have banter with when he stood on the touchline.
The modern game lacks characters like NW and I wish him well, but personally I'd have stayed in retirement.

Back
Top Bottom