Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The When Will Warnock Retire Thread…

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Need that video with the old lady saying "what another one" in a Cornwall accent.
Couldn't believe when I heard driving home, doesn't know how to say no.
He'll die on the touchline.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely love Warnock, always found it bizarre that wolves fans have some much hate for him when he’s always been very complimentary about our club. Proper football guy and very knowledgeable about the modern game which he shows when on Talksport. There was a period 10-20 years ago that I’d have loved him in our dugout. He’s Mick McCarthy but far better tactically

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always had a sneaking respect and admiration for him. We should have gone all out for him when Mick was sacked. Would have kept us up or at the very least got us straight back up. The most Wolves-like manager never to manage Wolves. But any manager who can wind up the Sandwell lot as much as he did can't be all bad

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Absolutely love Warnock, always found it bizarre that wolves fans have some much hate for him when he’s always been very complimentary about our club. Proper football guy and very knowledgeable about the modern game which he shows when on Talksport. There was a period 10-20 years ago that I’d have loved him in our dugout. He’s Mick McCarthy but far better tactically
Well there's the whole 'break his leg' episode, and how he used to wind us up saying we'd never beaten one of his teams. Fortunately his mad ranting at the play-off final was just funny!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have it on good authority that a computer generated ending of Planet of the Apes is coming out. In this version as the camera pans away from Charlton Heston, the only last surviving artifact of the nuclear war on earth is not The Statue of Liberty but Neil Warnock giving the 4th official at right earful :D:D:D:D

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone see the stat -

In 1995, Neil Warnock was managing Huddersfield and Gianluigi Buffon was playing for Parma.

In 2023, Neil Warnock is managing Huddersfield and Guianluigi Buffon is playing for Parma.

Always found Colin hilarious. We're dangerously close to losing characters within the game, so it's nice to see him back.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he got tired of the missus saying, "Why can't you be nice, like that lovely Nuno fella?"
Yup, given his eyebrow issues l doubt that he could grow that sort of beard so.....

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone see the stat -

In 1995, Neil Warnock was managing Huddersfield and Gianluigi Buffon was playing for Parma.

In 2023, Neil Warnock is managing Huddersfield and Guianluigi Buffon is playing for Parma.

Always found Colin hilarious. We're dangerously close to losing characters within the game, so it's nice to see him back.

Didn’t he once say that when he dies, he doesn’t want a minutes silence, he wants the fans to sing..

“Warnock is a w%&@€%“.

I’m glad he’s back in the game, and I wish him well.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone see the stat -

Exactly that last sentence. That is what makes football so worth while!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not taken Warwick long to rattle a few cages. In an interview he claims that Huddersfield Town were stitched up in their play off final against Nottingham Forest. He cites the two blatant penalties not given.

Neil Warnock is back. :)

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I like Warnock, he plays up the cartoon character of himself but he does it for a purpose. I think he is more understanding and perspective of the game then people give him credit for. Granted he has a certain style of play. At numerous moments in our recent (last 20 years) past he would have been a good appointment here, and he would have understood what the club means to the fans.

Through friends of friends I can tell you the squad of players at Huddersfield are happy the old manager is gone and Warnock is in but they are expecting a tough time.

He commands respect and creates a collective and you go along way to getting things right with that.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His wife my not be too pleased that he is staying on as the Terriers manager, but I imagine their fans are delighted. While the likes of Allardyce and Mick may have had their last job in management, Neil Warnock keeps going as strong and as enthusiastic as ever.

Though the referees association may not be too pleased with the news.. :)

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
His wife my not be too pleased that he is staying on as the Terriers manager, but I imagine their fans are delighted. While the likes of Allardyce and Mick may have had their last job in management, Neil Warnock keeps going as strong and as enthusiastic as ever.

Though the referees association may not be too pleased with the news.. :)
Isn't Colin a qualified referee?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What ever you think of the bloke, he's both passionate and entertaining, and I wish him well.
I remember the game (and aftermath) at Cardiff, but if memory serves me right, he made up with Nuno on a later occasion.

The game lacks characters of the like of NW both on and off the field, and it's only a matter of time before they disappear completely.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems it was the club who decided they wanted a long term appointment. Neil Warnock has done a good job at Huddersfield Town and had signed a one year contract with them. It seems a bit strange to me, but I presume they have a replacement lined up.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So would I.
I know he was employed but when JL walked out we needed someone pronto like him with charisma, enthusiasm, who could whip the Molineux crowd up, on a 1 year contract, to get us safely through this transitional season and give us time to get the right manager in for next season. Under the circumstances I think fans would have gone for a solution like this rather than appoint a novice like GON on a 3 year contract. Having said all that, off the top of my head I can't think of a comparable manager who was immediately available?

Back
Top Bottom