Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The When Will Warnock Retire Thread…

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After a simply extraordinary career, Neil Warnock has officially called it a day aged 73.

Regardless of what you think of the man, him leading sides to so many promotions: on top of his fascinating character, has to make him one of the greatest gaffers in English history.

Happy Retirement Neil - you’ve bloody earnt it.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There aren't many people left within football whose interviews are worth listening to. Warnock was one.

The documentary done on him from around 2004 is hysterical. Pretty sure it's on YouTube for anyone who hasn't yet seen it.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do they make them all like that in Sheffield? One of my oldest mates, also from Sheffield, also a Blades fan, looks and sounds exactly like him. Same age too -- are they twin brothers? Colin is in many ways a footballing dinosaur but the sort of bloke you wouldn't mind chatting to over a few pints. There are too few blokes like him left in English football.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massive input into the game. Often controversial and frequently a pain in the backside but what a career! His 8 promotions is a record. He has had 16 management contracts and has a 40.10% win rate from the 1556 games he has managed. He also had a combined 327 appearances as a player for different clubs, scoring 36 goals in the process.

Love him or loath him (I personally love him to bits!) he has been a great entertainer apart from anything else.

Neil, you have been a big plus in our national game. Enjoy your retirement because nobody can deny that you have earned it!

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
I’ve always said if there was an opportunity for me to have a full night out on the beer with someone of my choice it would be warnock and mick McCarthy, I know I’m being greedy picking two , both massive characters who have provided some absolutely brilliant moments in there careers , 2,individuals who have left some brilliant quotes that will live on for a long time , enjoy your retirement Neil and give us a bell if you fancy a night out

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best wishes for a long and happy retirement Neil. The game has lost one of its great characters.

I’m sure Nuno wishes you well too ;)

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we've all gone soft on Colin. I've mostly had a grudging respect for him.
Usually tells it like it is, no holds barred but he was no angel thats for sure.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we've all gone soft on Colin. I've mostly had a grudging respect for him.
Usually tells it like it is, no holds barred but he was no angel thats for sure.
Correct, he could be an ********, but that's part of the attraction. I'd like to chat to him about the infamous game where he was encouraging his Sheff Utd players to get sent off and trigger the abandonment of the game. It was v Albion in our choke season. I think they got down to 7 players.

D

Deleted member 11021Mcm

Not a fan. Hated us since Scarborough. Slagged off Nuno.

Sour at Cardiff.

Bit of a character translates as grumpy old sod.

Dinosaur..

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of class.
Lack of sophistication.
Working class chic.
Saying it like it is, because he's incapable of subtlety.

Yeah, I get why so many like him.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of class.
Lack of sophistication.
Working class chic.
Saying it like it is, because he's incapable of subtlety.

Yeah, I get why so many like him.
Just dressing up your own prejudices as virtues there, mate, like we all do.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Whether you like him or not he’s given a lot to football and is a real character. I reckon he’d be great on a night out.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of my favourite chats “nuno X 3 is ****ging…” all because of a comment in a an interview. Great footballing man despite faults; will be missed.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My brother was a postie on his patch 15 odd years back, well known as a massive Wolves fan. At Christmas Warnock made a point of giving him a pricey bottle of wine. He always had a grudging respect for us too. I think as a fellow ****house merchant he respected our brilliantly scummy fanbase.

Love the bloke, 'dinosaur' or not his record in the lower leagues is incredible.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've always thought of him as a proper full-on proper emotional proper football person, I've gotta say. He's someone I'll miss and I hope he gets into some TV or radio work.

He's always liked us, and I often wonder what might have been if he'd managed us back in the stagnant times. I'm still surprised neither him nor big Sam ever landed up with us at some point.

Stingray II

Reaction score
I've always liked him but I don't know why. I think it's because he immerses himself totally into any club where he's hired. He invests his heart 100% and bugger anybody else. Regardless of what he achieves for a club, the fans must love that passion he has for their own. He's very quick to temper, which I am not, but I know the type. He has these immediate outbursts, and repents later. I think he's a good man who can't control his emotions in the moment. I wasn't even offended when he went at Nuno. I thought it was funny. Off his rocker again. When interviewed long after a game, he's quite humble and charming.
The thing with taking off his players against Albion was wrong though.

Life is enhanced for me when I encounter a person who is a little eccentric, off the wall, embarrassing themselves or others on occasion.

I watched a really good game of football today and afterwards they interviewed the two "best" living managers (Pep and Klopp). zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. 8 hours later, I can't remember a word they said.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Warnock, like all successful managers, hated losing and sometimes over-reacted because of it. That’s normal, I can’t think of one manager who has been successful at even half the clubs Warnock has who hasn’t behaved like a ***** occasionally. If you hold that against him above all he’s brought to the game I pity you. I know if Nuno had shouted for someone to break Kane’s legs when he picked up the third yellow in ten minutes for fouls on Traore I’d have accepted it and loved him even more for it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Colin. Mick has lots of saving graces, mostly that he was one of ours. You see, besides being super modest, I'm also super loyal. I'm God's gift to humanity.
The only thing that exceeds your perfection is your modesty.... lol

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always said if there was an opportunity for me to have a full night out on the beer with someone of my choice it would be warnock and mick McCarthy

Warnock and Nuno might be more fun.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was close to taking over after Mick left. Read a book he’d written about his time at QPR and Leeds and it was close to happening but Morgan kept him waiting so he went to Leeds as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom