Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The project is over

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno leaving, no meaningful stadium changes, strange transfers last summer, lost several key members of staff even before today... and Chinese companies under pressure over their football expenditure.

Rumours about a number of players leaving, Traore contract, new manager rumour.

The project is over before it had a chance to be finished. Not sure how much of this was Covid as I had suspicions even before then, especially when we failed to qualify for europe again. It's a real shame but we did have some amazing moments.

I dearly hope I'm wrong but it seems very unlikely.

Denmark Wolf

Reaction score
Nuno leaving, no meaningful stadium changes, strange transfers last summer, lost several key members of staff even before today... and Chinese companies under pressure over their football expenditure.

The project is over before it had a chance to be finished. Not sure how much of this was Covid as I had suspicions even before then, especially when we failed to qualify for europe again. It's a real shame but we did have some amazing moments.

Calm down please…

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's easy to see the potential of the negative here, could well be back to being a provincial club in the second tier and up for sale. However who knows? Fosun might have had enough of the staleness this season under Nuno (obvs mitigating reasons for that), might have already lured in a top class manager and promised a serious 2 fingers up to FFP warchest for him.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The project continues. The new manager will buy more U23's to bed into the squad over the next couple seasons. Neto and Neves will be sold for profit soon (next season or after) because the whole point of Fosun's ownership is to use football prospects as speculative assets. The project always was this. I'm okay with being Portuguese Southampton if it means survival but I'm tired of Shi ****ing down our back and telling it's raining with the promises of Champions League lmao

I'm not anti-Fosun but I am a realist and its time Wolves supporters took off the golden tinted shades and accepted the reality of what is going on.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Calm down please…

I stand by the above.

The bright side is we have some great young players and will raise some money from sales. The key is getting the right manager. If we're really going for Lage then that seems bizarre. However, we'd all give him a chance.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You all need to keep your pants on and circulate a little.
We simply do not know yet how this will pan out.
For Fosun to stop investing in us doesn´t make any sense at all..and they have always invested up til this point.

We needed an overhaul,almost everyone agreed.
Let´s just sit back and take in the scenery shall we?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What if it's Frank Lampard? haha.

I do wonder if we're going in a completely different direction now.
My instinct is that we have very much peaked. I don't really know how to feel right now, but i fear we will be talking about a 12th place finish very differently in 9 months to how we are now.

Then again, Ranieri won the league so who knows anything

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Rui and Joao leaving aswell we are pressing the full reset button.
Making the decision now gives the most possible time to board to select right candidate and for said candidate to bring in players he needs and offseason to prepare. Down to Fosun now
System reset might be happening, rui and moutinho got us near now time to get on neves and the new for the step to top6

Biffana wolf

Reaction score
All clubs need to reset sometimes. The club before nuno had zero foundations now it does have. Nuno I belive took us as far as he could he wanted the small squad they came back to bite us when injuries hit.
He settled the squad and got us safe. But now itsntime for a new man to come in and build on those foundations, we have a good squad yes we may lose a few but we will recruit as well.
Many clubs all competing for the same. For me we were always too reliant on portugues players, yet other teams had a mix.
Personally I see good and better times ahead, I thank nuno for all he has done and wish him well wherever he goes.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
maybe, the more important question is what will the new project be ?

getting rid of a manager is often the easy part, getting in the right replacement and giving them time and funds to move things forward can be more difficult.

If rumours about limited funds and some of the players leaving there could be tough times ahead if the appointment isn't a good one. After a bit of time to give Nuno the respect he deserves I think we need to here from Fosun about what their plans/ambitions now are (though I guess actions will speak louder than words)

Last edited:

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if we appoint another zenga we will go down. this is a big deal. i think it has been planned for weeks if not months. what fosun do next is massive
I tend to agree. Have felt for some time that Nuno was leaving and details have only now come to the surface. Next season will be the real transition.

MontyR

Reaction score
I’m going to be optimistic and say we’re moving into stage 2 of the project.

Stage 1 was to cement our place in the premier league, something which Nuno has done.

Stage 2 is to unleash the youth at the premier league, something which Lage seems to be perfect at.

With talks of Kang-In Lee getting close to a done deal, and the younger players getting a good run at the end of the season, I’m excited to see how Lage performs with them next year. He turned Joao Felix into a €120m player in 1 season.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No person are player are bigger than the club, This summer will be interesting one. I feel we will already have someone lined up.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lets just chill

By 1st September we will know who the new manager is and we will have seen what player have come in.

ONLY then we can judge if the club has had a positive reset.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To be fair, we only failed to qualify for Europe because Chelsea couldn't beat Arsenal in the FA Cup

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes I despair. Some folk have been saying Nuno should leave. Well he is leaving, and now some folk are worried about his replacement. Or whether Fosun are still interested. Or whether the project is over.

How about some folk just calm down and wait and see what happens.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Presuming the whole backup team will go as well.
How many "stars" will be poached. Nuno held the whole thing together.
It feels like a complete re-set, start from a blank sheet.
A total disaster in my view.
Just need to see what happens. If we appoint Big Sam and have a fire-sale of our squad in the summer, then yes disaster. Could go the other way too.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My worst fears if true.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210521-101959_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20210521-101959_Twitter.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 292

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is very difficult for us - supporters of Wolves - to guess what the future will be for our much loved team. Hope we shall be able to at least have a good team, which is able to compete for the second tier of the table between 7th and 14th places. Do not want to raise our expectations that much and prefer to wait until the season begins to roll out itself.

Back
Top Bottom