Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The project is over

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m starting to worry that the landscape has changed so much that Fosun are going to just do enough for us to stay in the league season after season and reap the benefits. No basis for this at all.

I guess this next appointment is going to tell us everything about their ambitions. It’s either going to be a really positive change and one that revitalises the club or one that leaves us in a relegation fight.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno leaving, no meaningful stadium changes, strange transfers last summer, lost several key members of staff even before today... and Chinese companies under pressure over their football expenditure.

Rumours about a number of players leaving, Traore contract, new manager rumour.

The project is over before it had a chance to be finished. Not sure how much of this was Covid as I had suspicions even before then, especially when we failed to qualify for europe again. It's a real shame but we did have some amazing moments.

I dearly hope I'm wrong but it seems very unlikely.
I´m gonna hold you to this post late August...:)

Lighten up,take a beer and thank God it´s Friday.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're ****ed simple as. Fosun won't invest, Nuno has been driven to his wits end, and we're failing on the pitch.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As with most things with football, time will tell.

My advice is don't panic or catraophize until we see what happens next.

I'm sure all the click bait sites and Journo's will have a field day telling us all we are finished.

Your worry will be for naught if we bring in a big name manager, keep our players and go on a spree in the summer.

Keep your head - as Kipling once wrote.
Well, he does make exceedingly good cakes.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not the first time Fosun have been questioned. The same thing happened last year during the transfer window, and then they broke our transfer record again.
Did Fosun break our transfer record? As in Fosun injected more cash to fund that deal?

Or did Jeff Shi agree to us selling a prized asset like Diogo Jota to the league champions so that we could purchase an inexperienced youngster via a super agent who took many millions in the deal, thereby also helping another club fulfil UEFA's FFP rules for the season?

I'm sure we could comfortably break our transfer record this summer as long as we sell off Traore or Neves or Jimenez or all three.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from.

With regards your first point, whatever happens with the Chinese government is totally out of theirs and our hands...it simply isn't worth worrying about.

With regards player trading, some will see it as profiteering, I see it as an important revenue stream. As of yet any profit made has always been put back into the club, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I'm sure Leicester fans aren't moaning too much having had to sell some of their biggest stars these last few years.

Also, the likes of Chelsea and Man city buy and trade players all the time too, many of which never play for the club. As I say it's an important revenue stream which could be highly lucrative if we can attract the right talent, we need to be successful in order to attract that talent. Fosun understand that.

I totally understand where you're coming from, I just feel the time to worry about such things will be the day when Fosun stop putting money back into the club and start taking it out. It hasn't happened yet so why worry?
Your point about Leicester is what separates the big clubs from selling clubs in my opinion. Leicester's scouting system is very good and the players they replace with seem to be of the highest quality too. That's what we need to aim for.

Reaction score
Your point about Leicester is what separates the big clubs from selling clubs in my opinion. Leicester's scouting system is very good and the players they replace with seem to be of the highest quality too. That's what we need to aim for.
Exactly. How does a club like ours become a "big club". Long term intelligent growth and investment is the only way.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Say goodbye to Adama,
61gkImt44IL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

61Qv+9oRGSL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

and Raul.
61-N9KTXU9L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Project" is a completely daft term for applying to a football club anyway. It's like saying your life is a "project".

The football club will continue to go on until it dies. The rest is just different phases of its existence. Sometimes things are on the up, sometimes they're not going so well, sometimes they're just plodding along, much of the time there's both good and bad parts, just like people's lives.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Project" is a completely daft term for applying to a football club anyway. It's like saying your life is a "project".

The football club will continue to go on until it dies. The rest is just different phases of its existence. Sometimes things are on the up, sometimes they're not going so well, sometimes they're just plodding along, much of the time there's both good and bad parts, just like people's lives.
Brilliant, well said M-G

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what worries me about the Mendes carousel. If we rely too heavily on him (which we seem to be doing), it'll all collapse at some point.

I don't think it has collapsed, but it is cyclical. He needs managers and then players to move on, to bring new ones in. Of course he gets double bubble, but we wouldn't have got to where we are without him.
I know this sounds condescending, but this was my main problem with the Nuno out posts. They had no grasp of what it could mean. I think 4 years is a long time for a Mendes manager. Maybe Nuno didn't want to leave, but his time had come. Nuno staying, would have meant Mendes wouldn't make as much money as he will now. If Nuno did go to Spurs, I could see at least 3 of our prized assets being shipped out. At the same time, the new manager would be bringing in some more of Mendes players.
I always felt that the people asking for Nunos head weren't taking in to consideration what was going on behind the scenes. Nuno out will probably mean that some of our favourite players would follow.
I could be wrong about this and I am the last person to be in the know. It is just, I have followed Deportiva de la Coruña, Valencia and Atlético Madrid closely over the years.
It is true that Fosun pull some strings with Gestifute, so it might turn out completely differently with us.
Mendes has got us to where we are, with Fosun's ownership. Jeff Shi needs to make a statement about the future and what is going on. I trust Fosun, but it would be good to hear about their intentions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s over.
I'll post this again. What part of the following statement suggests it's over?

“Fosun made a commitment in 2016 when they took over this historic football club and have displayed their dedication since, taking Wolves on a journey from the Championship to the Europa League – an example of the type of ascent which makes English football so special.

“That commitment stands just as strong now, in 2021, as it did five years ago. Fosun remain completely devoted to Wolves and harbour the same sizeable ambitions, which they hope to achieve through a meticulous, long-term plan.”

Jeff Shi - April 2021

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Fosun have put themselves into a position where the club and its future are totally reliant on them - and they can walk away at anytime with a healthy profit - which they will do now they have seen how the premier league works. They will now be sure that they can make money from the sale of young players just as easily at Grasshoppers as they can at wolves - and that’s what they will do now.

We are in one of the most dangerous periods in our history - and of past form is anything to go be Jeff Shi will now be manager. I suspect we are going to lose our highly paid players and not replace them.

we are squarely on course for the lowest ever points total next season (zero?).

there’s someone on here who calls you out for catastrophising - but it’s appropriate here because this is a catastrophe.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

I'll post this again. What part of the following statement suggests it's over?

“Fosun made a commitment in 2016 when they took over this historic football club and have displayed their dedication since, taking Wolves on a journey from the Championship to the Europa League – an example of the type of ascent which makes English football so special.

“That commitment stands just as strong now, in 2021, as it did five years ago. Fosun remain completely devoted to Wolves and harbour the same sizeable ambitions, which they hope to achieve through a meticulous, long-term plan.”

Jeff Shi - April 2021
It’s just bull**** obviously.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Brendan Rodgers on Nuno: "He will leave there [Wolves] as a legend of the club. He's done a brilliant job there. They're a club that clearly want to be up challenging in the top six.

If a top manager says this, then there’s some truth in it! Trust the process and trust Fosun

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
Here's a horrible scenario to consider....

If Nuno has gone due to lack of funds, and goes to Spurs, imagine if we go there towards the end of the season and it is his team that relegates us......

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
We don't even need Fosun to invest anymore money. Premier League clubs have enough money. We might need to sell to buy, but that's standard for a club like us.
Yep but our fickle fans expect us to end up back in League 1 rather than do a Leicester

Reaction score
This is what worries me about the Mendes carousel. If we rely too heavily on him (which we seem to be doing), it'll all collapse at some point.
You could well be right. Mendes' help fast tracked us into the premier League, but we need to be careful of being too over reliant on him in future imho. I'm sure the club will be working tirelessly in building relationships with other high profile agents and others of that ilk.
It’s just bull**** obviously.
Wow! So you're calling Jeff a liar!!??

Fosun have always put their money where their mouth is. Have they ever lied before?
Talk about ingratitude, show some respect!

I'm not sure if you're just trolling here or not.

Last edited:

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
John percy has written about it saying "it was a calculated decision by fosun and that they want to begin a new cycle but they remain as committed and driven as ever"

I may be slightly wrong as I'm not paying to subscribe to the telegraph so can't see the full article.... however Percy does tend to be very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom