Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The project is over

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nuno said in his press conference today that he expected Adama to agree a deal.

Do you really think he would do that if he was not happy with the owner plans for the club ?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seemed mad beyond belief when Leicester sacked Ranieri but they aren't doing too bad now.

This is particularly difficult because Nuno had embraced the notion of the Wolf Pack and the fans were very much part of that. With the pandemic meaning empty stadiums until now, plus everything else that has gone on this season, I wouldn't be surprised if the itk Mixer was right about Nuno needing a break.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may be that the chapter had to end but I think it ended two seasons too early. To replace a brilliant coach and his background coaches - another seven people (?) is a massive task. How will Neves, Neto and co now feel about the club? A huge task needed in the summer and if Fosun have not already got a good replacement lined up we could be in big trouble. Where does this leave the Mendes relationship?

Its a huge earthquake under the whole club and its hard not to be concerned about how to replace such a great act.

Have to be grateful for Nuno being with us at all. A fine human being as well as a great manager. Wolves must ride the storm as so often before. Jeff Shi needs to now show that he is a very sharp cookie.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The nightmare is that the project is over. But that is catastrophising . It could be that Nuno feels he has set a very high benchmark and it would needs lots on money to do more. Success can be a heavy weight to carry. Often a fresh start is best for all. Let’s hope this is base camp , ready for a slow assault on the summit.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I’m going to be optimistic and say we’re moving into stage 2 of the project.

Stage 1 was to cement our place in the premier league, something which Nuno has done.

Stage 2 is to unleash the youth at the premier league, something which Lage seems to be perfect at.

With talks of Kang-In Lee getting close to a done deal, and the younger players getting a good run at the end of the season, I’m excited to see how Lage performs with them next year. He turned Joao Felix into a €120m player in 1 season.
Until proven otherwise this is my view too.

As much as I love Nuno and everything he has done I think he has taken us as far as he can. Will now be interesting to see if another coach is able to build on the foundations Nuno has laid.

Fosun have confirmed they are "deeply devoted" to the club in the recent statement on the failed ESL project, so I'm looking forward to Jeff Shi et al re-affirming their vision for the club in upcoming Q&A session.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno said in his press conference today that he expected Adama to agree a deal.

Do you really think he would do that if he was not happy with the owner plans for the club ?

You’ve never left a job and said to a client/ customer something you think they want to hear knowing it’s not going to effect you in the future?

No doubt Nuno was happy to say he expects a deal to be done.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno leaving, no meaningful stadium changes, strange transfers last summer, lost several key members of staff even before today... and Chinese companies under pressure over their football expenditure.

Rumours about a number of players leaving, Traore contract, new manager rumour.

The project is over before it had a chance to be finished. Not sure how much of this was Covid as I had suspicions even before then, especially when we failed to qualify for europe again. It's a real shame but we did have some amazing moments.

I dearly hope I'm wrong but it seems very unlikely.

yep. amazed to see the marketing chap talk about us challenging for the top four in the Castore video

unless we're bringing in Pep then everything's pretty much a gamble with, as you rightly point out, lots of undermining factors

still, it was fun while it lasted

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m going to be optimistic and say we’re moving into stage 2 of the project.

Stage 1 was to cement our place in the premier league, something which Nuno has done.

Stage 2 is to unleash the youth at the premier league, something which Lage seems to be perfect at.

With talks of Kang-In Lee getting close to a done deal, and the younger players getting a good run at the end of the season, I’m excited to see how Lage performs with them next year. He turned Joao Felix into a €120m player in 1 season.
Where is t evidence that Lage has any of the qualities - hes only managed 76 games - too inexperienced

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right now, unless they have a masterplan that includes persuading Pep, Simeone, or someone of that ilk replacing the best manager of 90% of our ligetime, fosun can **** right off.

Reaction score
“Fosun made a commitment in 2016 when they took over this historic football club and have displayed their dedication since, taking Wolves on a journey from the Championship to the Europa League – an example of the type of ascent which makes English football so special.

“That commitment stands just as strong now, in 2021, as it did five years ago. Fosun remain completely devoted to Wolves and harbour the same sizeable ambitions, which they hope to achieve through a meticulous, long-term plan.”

Jeff Shi - April 2021

T

TheConcourse

Nuno leaving, no meaningful stadium changes, strange transfers last summer, lost several key members of staff even before today... and Chinese companies under pressure over their football expenditure.

The project is over before it had a chance to be finished. Not sure how much of this was Covid as I had suspicions even before then, especially when we failed to qualify for europe again. It's a real shame but we did have some amazing moments.

This feels a touch dramatic at this stage, probably fuelled by emotion which is understandable.

We must remember than any business goes through moments of leadership change, but the fundamental strategy hasn’t altered. Jeff will set that and he’s been studying football for 5 years now very closely. He’s a smart guy.

The players aren’t contracted to Nuno, and whilst they’ll be gutted - as we (mostly) all are - Jeff will be ice cold and ready to listen to offers to generate the revenue that will help us to rebuild.

Football is cyclical. It’s feasible to think that we might drop now. Or we could look at having incredibly strong foundations for a manager to bring in great attacking football, a couple of players and take us up another level. Everything is based on assumption right now.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Fosun made a commitment in 2016 when they took over this historic football club and have displayed their dedication since, taking Wolves on a journey from the Championship to the Europa League – an example of the type of ascent which makes English football so special.

“That commitment stands just as strong now, in 2021, as it did five years ago. Fosun remain completely devoted to Wolves and harbour the same sizeable ambitions, which they hope to achieve through a meticulous, long-term plan.”

Jeff Shi - April 2021
Talk is cheap. The next 3 months are colossal for them.

Kelevra

Reaction score

Jeff Shi - April 2021
This. Let’s just trust Jeff shall we?

Reaction score
Talk is cheap. The next 3 months are colossal for them.
Jeff said Fosun are just as commited now as they were when they took over.

That's good enough for me.

If others want to get their knickers in a twist for no reason that's up to them.

Fosun have done wonders for this club and will continue to do so.

A little appreciation wouldn't go amiss.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until proven otherwise this is my view too.

As much as I love Nuno and everything he has done I think he has taken us as far as he can. Will now be interesting to see if another coach is able to build on the foundations Nuno has laid.

Fosun have confirmed they are "deeply devoted" to the club in the recent statement on the failed ESL project, so I'm looking forward to Jeff Shi et al re-affirming their vision for the club in upcoming Q&A session.
The last few words mentioned in your post is something I am looking forward to!

The upcoming Q and A podcast session with Jeff is going to make absolutely fascinating listening!

I did forward the question asking if Fosun remained committed to the club in the long term and I hope they answer it.

It is the first time Jeff has done anything like this and I just wonder if something was happening behind the scenes when the session was announced.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff said Fosun are just as commited now as they were when they took over.

That's good enough for me.

If others want to get their knickers in a twist for no reason that's up to them.

Fosun have done wonders for this club and will continue to do so.

A little appreciation wouldn't go amiss.
I appreciate everything they've done for Wolves
They've been utterly fantastic for us.

My personal opinion is that their evolved business objectives do not align with our desires, as fans, for Wolves to get back into Europe.

I might be wrong (I hope i am), but I trust my hunches.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presuming the whole backup team will go as well.
How many "stars" will be poached. Nuno held the whole thing together.
It feels like a complete re-set, start from a blank sheet.
A total disaster in my view.
The whole back up team may not go if we appoint another Port
I am extremely pessimistic. I'm very well acquainted with someone who works closely with Fosun and their Portuguese investments. Let's just say they are not increasing their stake in anything at the moment.
Perhaps because they need the funds for Wolves!

Reaction score
I appreciate everything they've done for Wolves
They've been utterly fantastic for us.

My personal opinion is that their evolved business objectives do not align with our desires, as fans, for Wolves to get back into Europe.

I might be wrong (I hope i am), but I trust my hunches.
I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean by "their evolved business objectives do not align with our desires, as fans, for Wolves to get back into Europe".

Could you elaborate please.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score

A bit of a dramatic response. Let’s settle down and wait for more details after the game on Sunday.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not the first time Fosun have been questioned. The same thing happened last year during the transfer window, and then they broke our transfer record again.

It's a bit like those people who keep saying 'this is the end of capitalism'. If you say it often enough one day you will be right. I think they've done enough in the last few years to suggest they are still fully invested in Wolves. One day that might change, but I don't think it will be this summer.

We don't even need Fosun to invest anymore money. Premier League clubs have enough money. We might need to sell to buy, but that's standard for a club like us.

Last edited:

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score

As with most things with football, time will tell.

My advice is don't panic or catraophize until we see what happens next.

I'm sure all the click bait sites and Journo's will have a field day telling us all we are finished.

Your worry will be for naught if we bring in a big name manager, keep our players and go on a spree in the summer.

Keep your head - as Kipling once wrote.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean by "their evolved business objectives do not align with our desires, as fans, for Wolves to get back into Europe".

Could you elaborate please.
Bien sur. Chinese ownership of clubs has changed markedly in the last 4 years - it's fine from the new big thing to (as I understand) a source of tension with the Chinese government. I understand that Fosun have a lot of business interests outside of China, but they domiciled within China (I believe) and thus slaves to their relationship with the Chinese state.

This combined with the new recruitment policy unveiled last summer and the leaked emails early on in their tenure lead me to assume that Fosun see Wolves' main source of profitability as being showcasing Mendes players and moving them on for profit, profit they get from Mendes' agency.

This obviously wouldn't tally with the ambitions of every Wolves fan (myself included) as holding on to the best players and evolving into a viable top 6 contender in the long term.

Again, just my take on things.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The project continues. The new manager will buy more U23's to bed into the squad over the next couple seasons. Neto and Neves will be sold for profit soon (next season or after) because the whole point of Fosun's ownership is to use football prospects as speculative assets. The project always was this. I'm okay with being Portuguese Southampton if it means survival but I'm tired of Shi ****ing down our back and telling it's raining with the promises of Champions League lmao

I'm not anti-Fosun but I am a realist and its time Wolves supporters took off the golden tinted shades and accepted the reality of what is going on.
I’ve given this post a begrudged like.

Reaction score
Bien sur. Chinese ownership of clubs has changed markedly in the last 4 years - it's fine from the new big thing to (as I understand) a source of tension with the Chinese government. I understand that Fosun have a lot of business interests outside of China, but they domiciled within China (I believe) and thus slaves to their relationship with the Chinese state.

This combined with the new recruitment policy unveiled last summer and the leaked emails early on in their tenure lead me to assume that Fosun see Wolves' main source of profitability as being showcasing Mendes players and moving them on for profit, profit they get from Mendes' agency.

This obviously wouldn't tally with the ambitions of every Wolves fan (myself included) as holding on to the best players and evolving into a viable top 6 contender in the long term.

Again, just my take on things.
I see where you're coming from.

With regards your first point, whatever happens with the Chinese government is totally out of theirs and our hands...it simply isn't worth worrying about.

With regards player trading, some will see it as profiteering, I see it as an important revenue stream. As of yet any profit made has always been put back into the club, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I'm sure Leicester fans aren't moaning too much having had to sell some of their biggest stars these last few years.

Also, the likes of Chelsea and Man city buy and trade players all the time too, many of which never play for the club. As I say it's an important revenue stream which could be highly lucrative if we can attract the right talent, we need to be successful in order to attract that talent. Fosun understand that.

I totally understand where you're coming from, I just feel the time to worry about such things will be the day when Fosun stop putting money back into the club and start taking it out. It hasn't happened yet so why worry?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from.

With regards your first point, whatever happens with the Chinese government is totally out of theirs and our hands...it simply isn't worth worrying about.

With regards player trading, some will see it as profiteering, I see it as an important revenue stream. As of yet any profit made has always been put back into the club, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I'm sure Leicester fans aren't moaning too much having had to sell some of their biggest stars these last few years.

Also, the likes of Chelsea and Man city buy and trade players all the time too, many of which never play for the club. As I say it's an important revenue stream which could be highly lucrative if we can attract the right talent, we need to be successful in order to attract that talent. Fosun understand that.

I totally understand where you're coming from, I just feel the time to worry about such things will be the day when Fosun stop putting money back into the club and start taking it out. It hasn't happened yet so why worry?
Good rebuttal. I'm a natural worrier, which probably explains my stance! Here's hoping it's a Ranieri-esque replacement and not a Zenga one.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So after weeks of a negative Nuno out title thread, we now have a project is over title thread. It really feels like we have some people who are only looking for negative title threads about Wolves at the moment.
It feels like we have posters who are continuously stabbing Wolves football club in the back.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tide is clearly turning, and I don't think anything you've said is wrong. Worrying times honestly.

Back
Top Bottom