Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loving the optimism on here, I just hope, if things take a little longer than expected, people don't slip back into how this thread was pre signing.

As to the lad from Chile, sometimes you need to take a gamble, if we don't, someone else will likely do it, and if he turns out a good 'un, we would be disappointed that it wasn't Wolves that took that risk IMO.
Totally agree
All transfers are gambles,especially first time to the country ones
We have seen many top players come to the Prem and fail for huge sums,so taking a punt on a few mil is well worth a shot

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
As an aside I’ve just looked at the Sky Sports app and there’s not a mention of the Collins transfer anywhere to be seen.
There was a little note on the Sky Sports 'Transfer Centre'. If you blinked you'd have missed it!

1657698943183.png

What I thought interesting is the 'Sky 6' has turned into the 'Sky 7'.

Follow the money!

1657698906046.png

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s Wednesday folks, wonder if we’re going to see any leaks in the press today…

Not quite, he said the fans will know we can spend a substantial amount of cash, may have been collins yesterday
I dont think any of the itks were aware of collins coming in as far as i understand but i could be wrong. Suggestion seemed to be that by wednesday we should know 2 out of the 3 first teamers being lined up, one of which being a well known player playing in france, and possibly a couple of these younger lads from south america.
Seen as the collins purchase was a surprise to the itks question is has collins replaced one of the first teamers they had been told was being purchased, or, is collins on top of these 3 other first teamers they have been told about.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Bit late to the party here but do we think that Ronan may get an opportunity this season. If we do shift to a back four and play with a 'number 10' he could offer us something in that role primarily as a sub. Always thought he looked technically sound it was just the physical side of the game where he lacked.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think any of the itks were aware of collins coming in as far as i understand but i could be wrong. Suggestion seemed to be that by wednesday we should know 2 out of the 3 first teamers being lined up, one of which being a well known player playing in france, and possibly a couple of these younger lads from south america.
Seen as the collins purchase was a surprise to the itks question is has collins replaced one of the first teamers they had been told was being purchased, or, is collins on top of these 3 other first teamers they have been told about.
Even Sellars has indicated more to come so hope the pitchforks stay in the shed if nothing materialises today

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can almost feel the vultures hovering over perceived or claimed ITKs today.
Will give them till the end of the week because of Collins signing but then if we don’t get anything :mad::mad::mad::p

Signing Collins shows the intent and hopefully we can get 3 or 4 more in over the next week or 2

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was pretending to be an ITK and on the wind up, I'd have pretended to know about Collins and use it to build credibility, so on that basis alone I think Cornwall, STLuke and Lobo are genuine, as they haven't cashed in on that sitter.
Yes but no one as of yet has given any info that has come to light. Someone claimed that silvas loan confirmed yesterday plus a big signing - which wasn’t Collins

Don’t get me wrong - I love the rumours. But that’s what they are. Rumours.

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes but no one as of yet has given any info that has come to light. Someone claimed that silvas loan confirmed yesterday plus a big signing - which wasn’t Collins

Don’t get me wrong - I love the rumours. But that’s what they are. Rumours.
Absolutely, and rumours are what keep me coming to the forum and what makes the none-football part of the year fun, so keep em coming

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely, and rumours are what keep me coming to the forum and what makes the none-football part of the year fun, so keep em coming
Agreed. Keep them coming. Makes the work day more Interesting

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one knew about Collins.
Well to be fair he was mentioned weeks back on here,and someone said Sellars had told him in the pub we were after him a week or so back
If we get more im sure they will be out of the blue as normal,but lets keep the rumours flowing ITK or not its better than nothing :)

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Travel news: M5 at a standstill, police report a convoy of trucks carrying pitchforks heading southwest.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit late to the party here but do we think that Ronan may get an opportunity this season. If we do shift to a back four and play with a 'number 10' he could offer us something in that role primarily as a sub. Always thought he looked technically sound it was just the physical side of the game where he lacked.
I was thinking about that but also wondered whether he was being taken along to bed in Collins as they will know each other from Ireland. It can’t be easy to sign and then straight on a plane for two weeks with a group of people you’ve mostly never met.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Travel news: M5 at a standstill, police report a convoy of trucks carrying pitchforks heading southwest.

Just make sure it's not like that Tommrow, down in Cheltenham for the day

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm very confused now, I thought the ITKs said one in by Wednesday and a couple more by Friday/weekend? We had 'by Wednesdays' yesterday didn't we?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i dont understand the witch hunt on the ITK postings - 2 young south americans, one appears to be osorio (strong links), other perhaps (renan - tentative links)

And then a CM and a CF, - lobo said by tuesday next week it should all come out the woodwork, with leaks this week. Now given how quick collins was ( 48 hours), we might not see anything till the weekend.

Fabio is supposingly in belgium, so i expect that will be announced at some point

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well to be fair he was mentioned weeks back on here,and someone said Sellars had told him in the pub we were after him a week or so back
If we get more im sure they will be out of the blue as normal,but lets keep the rumours flowing ITK or not its better than nothing :)
Clearly Sellars gives more away in the pub than he does in Ask Wolves.

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
Feels like maybe we should lower our panic levels a bit about transfers considering we just signed someone yesterday for a decent amount of money who looks very promising and will start for us this season, and it's one of the key areas we've all stressed about for the last 3 years.

Maybe the club does know what they're doing? At least give it a few more days before the panic starts again!

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all getting very convoluted.....maybe I'll just wait till Percy/Fab/the club announce any new uns.

It's not Convoluted at all.

ITK's said by Wednesday it would be proven "beyond doubt" that money wasn't an issue.

The £20.5m signing of Nathan Collins is nothing to do with that statement as the ITK's didn't know about him.

So by elimination, something may happen today (or by the end of the week) that proves money isn't an issue.

Simple :grinning:

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i dont understand the witch hunt on the ITK postings - 2 young south americans, one appears to be osorio (strong links), other perhaps (renan - tentative links)

And then a CM and a CF, - lobo said by tuesday next week it should all come out the woodwork, with leaks this week. Now given how quick collins was ( 48 hours), we might not see anything till the weekend.

Fabio is supposingly in belgium, so i expect that will be announced at some point

There is no witch hunt. Don't hype it up like that.

ITK's said something other than Collins may come out that shows beyond doubt we have money available. That's all it is.

No witch hunt.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love a decent CM or SC to get signed up though . Surely a SC is coming with Cutrone and bonatini left at home .

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feels like maybe we should lower our panic levels a bit about transfers considering we just signed someone yesterday for a decent amount of money who looks very promising and will start for us this season, and it's one of the key areas we've all stressed about for the last 3 years.

Maybe the club does know what they're doing? At least give it a few more days before the panic starts again!

Nah. The club haven't resolved all the other issues we have yhet.

Collins is a rock solid start, undoubtedly.

but if the window closed today, it would still be ruled a failure.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wouldnt believe footyinsider if they told me their twitter handle was @footyinsider247

About the best deal we can hope to get for a player who doesnt want to sign a contract and who we are happy to offload.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% stolen from someone who said we'd struggle to get £10m for him on here yesterday
Probably right,but not that far from the truth i guess
£15 million would make us think,£20 million we would bite their hands off
Hes a luxury player,devastating on his day,dross for the rest and his good days are too few for the Prem imo

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may as well just sign a contract with us if no one good wants him. Would he receive a contract as good as what we originally offered him? His stock has certainly gone down, despite well being worth the risk for someone.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if we may have incomings while in Spain. Assuming club staff are on hand to perform tests and medicals.

Perhaps a way to keep potential signings under the radar and avoid bidding wars/losing players to more established teams.

Just thinking aloud.

Back
Top Bottom