Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see Leeds signing him.

All the talk from them is that they're going big on a forward (want de Ketalaere from Brugge) and that will be that.

Sinisterra and Aaronson are the winger types they've brought in and they also have Harrison and James, so would say no chance they get Traore.

I reckon a big club will take a chance on him as a sub later in the window for £10m or something, maybe Chelsea.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All the talk from them is that they're going big on a forward (want de Ketalaere from Brugge) and that will be that.

Sinisterra and Aaronson are the winger types they've brought in and they also have Harrison and James, so would say no chance they get Traore.

I reckon a big club will take a chance on him as a sub later in the window for £10m or something, maybe Chelsea.
For that price...I'd probably keep him

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Possibly, but he looked more threatening than ever at the start of last season before we had to put the brakes on to start picking up points. I was under the impression he wanted to leave as he thought he could play for a better team than Wolves, which again, ain’t Leeds. It would be a really, really odd move imo. But we’ll see what happens!
It would be odd considering how close he was to joining Spurs, but his stock is pretty low after his failed Barca loan. I could see him taking a move to a lesser team with the guarantee of more playing time, and Wolves wanting to recoup some money with his contract running out and no indication he's going to sign a new deal.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is the lineup for Germany when we drew 1-1 not too long ago. They slapped us silly regardless of the result, and I kept a photo of the lineup/formation because we will 95% be starting with a back 5 next season. How would we best replicate that German side with the players we have and who we are currently linked to?

The way they played and pressed was nothing short of phenomenal. Especially their number 3 Raum. ******* of a player

Sa
Collins - Coady - Kilman
Semedo - Neves - Moutinho - RAN
Neto - MGW
Raul

Attachments

• 2B950FBD-4E2A-4446-A72B-F69F6A33777E.png
    2B950FBD-4E2A-4446-A72B-F69F6A33777E.png
    733.7 KB · Views: 134

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score

I think Aaronson will most likely play as the 10 in a 4231, where he played for Salzburg. James was playing as a striker towards the end of last season and both Sinisterra/Harrison are LW. Still probably a long shot for Adama because Leeds have spent a lot in the window already, but I think it's a possible fit for him

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
The players we released, returned or loaned out (including Fabio) free up roughly £15m in wages a season. With how clubs account for transfer fees Collins will cost £4.1 (£20.5m/5 years) a year + his wages (est. £2.4m I'm making this figure up but would work out at £46k/week). This would leave us with £8.5m still to play around with to match what we spend last season.
Helpful answer tj200, thanks.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It would be odd considering how close he was to joining Spurs, but his stock is pretty low after his failed Barca loan. I could see him taking a move to a lesser team with the guarantee of more playing time, and Wolves wanting to recoup some money with his contract running out and no indication he's going to sign a new deal.
I’m not sure that’s true - his lack of game time at Barca wasn’t because he did anything wrong, more than dembele finally found some form and Barca were playing him to try and get him to sign a new contract.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We know Everton are willing to spunk £25m up the wall. How about we offer them Traore and keep MGW!

Fwaw1992

Reaction score
Bloke on facebook claiming his mates been drinking with sellers tonight. Supposedly he has told them traore and gibbs white are staying although traore wants out. We have no money and relying on neves to go. Only transfer target is collins from burnley. He is getting pelters but he is adament this is what was said
Was I wrong lol call me Fabrizio romano

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We offered to make him one of our top earners, didn’t we? Either way, if your moving somewhere for money, it ain’t Leeds.
I don’t think any figures on a raise for him were ever released by him or the club.

As far as I know, all the talk was speculation but I think it’s safe to say that Wolves most likely offered him a raise, but how much is unknown.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any rumors on the striker or CM per the ITK-Three (trademark pending)?

Not looking to question the ITKs, just curious if im missing a link.
……”just curious if I’m missing a link.”

ooooh……so many jokes there for the taking. Soooooo tempting.:)

Kennedy

Reaction score
Off topic, but does anyone know where the training camp is for Alicante?

I'm on a week away at Calpe, an hour from Alicante airport. I'm bored and wouldn't mind going and having a gander ...

Thanks all.

PS, very happy with Collins but will need to see him play a good few times before I can say if he is the new Billy Wright or the new Stearman....

Also, not sure how I feel about a wolves team without Coady....

kiddywolves26

Reaction score
They have arranged the friendlies and training camp with MFC (Marbella football centre) as they have done for the last few years.

Where as they normally use the Marbella campus they are using melia Villaitanna this time. The hotel looks amazing and is on the outskirts of Benidorm opposite the theme park and zoo

Video of the site- MAIN CENTERS - Marbella Football Center

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Potential target Osario scored this evening in a under 20, a game for Chile vs peru

Goal at 58:40

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
They have arranged the friendlies and training camp with MFC (Marbella football centre) as they have done for the last few years.

Where as they normally use the Marbella campus they are using melia Villaitanna this time. The hotel looks amazing and is on the outskirts of Benidorm opposite the theme park and zoo

Video of the site- MAIN CENTERS - Marbella Football Center
You sure about that? The club have said they are using La Nucia's facilities at Camilo Cano North of Benidorm for the friendlies. It's a 6 hour drive from there to Marbs.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

kiddywolves26

Reaction score
You sure about that? The club have said they are using La Nucia's facilities at Camilo Cano North of Benidorm for the friendlies. It's a 6 hour drive from there to Marbs.
Marbella football centre have several facilities around Spain, one of which is in Benidorm.

The Marbella football centre website confirms which facility wolves are using and for how long

tj200

Reaction score
Potential target Osario scored this evening in a under 20, a game for Chile vs peru

Goal at 58:40

Not the most exciting goal you’ll ever see but good pressure from the kid.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Saw Hodge in the final against WBA, and he was by far the most stand out player on the pitch. Was like watching a very young version of Kante!!

Regarding MGW, IF we could sell for 30 million, and get in Nunes for 40/45 million, then it would be insane.
Totally insane we could swap a proven Championship player with 12 goals and 10 assists for an unproven player who has only ever scored 3 goals and contributed 2 assists a season, whilst throwing away 50m and only getting 30m in.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to Bruno, he highlighted height as one of his criteria in the AskWolves videos

… Bruno, my knees are shot and I’m as mobile as an oil tanker, but my boots are ready… just waiting for your call
You are Harry Maguire and I claim my £20.

Madmalc

Reaction score

Sidaway

Reaction score
Can't get excited about Osorio, looks too much like another Campana situation to me.
He looks the real deal to me. Bagged another 2 for Chile U20s last night. The only thing that’s concerning when recruiting from South America is how easy they can settle into the local area.

Saying that, Mosquera looks as though he’s very comfortable and settled, which is a credit to himself.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks the real deal to me. Bagged another 2 for Chile U20s last night. The only thing that’s concerning when recruiting from South America is how easy they can settle into the local area.

Saying that, Mosquera looks as though he’s very comfortable and settled, which is a credit to himself.
Always looks like the happiest man on the planet doesn’t he, Mosquera. Really hope he makes it.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally insane we could swap a proven Championship player with 12 goals and 10 assists for an unproven player who has only ever scored 3 goals and contributed 2 assists a season, whilst throwing away 50m and only getting 30m in.
The unproven player we’re supposedly throwing £50m at has over 70 games in Portugal’s top flight, winning the league, Champions League Games and 8 full Portugal caps. He’s already scored for Portugal and despite playing in a completely different role to MGW has 10 goals and 11 assists across 14o games.

I would suggest he might look quite good in the Championship, possibly better than MGW

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Loving the optimism on here, I just hope, if things take a little longer than expected, people don't slip back into how this thread was pre signing.

As to the lad from Chile, sometimes you need to take a gamble, if we don't, someone else will likely do it, and if he turns out a good 'un, we would be disappointed that it wasn't Wolves that took that risk IMO.

Frogwarts

Reaction score
I just don’t know where his minds at. A great opportunity to play in the premiership at wolves, negotiate a better deal and be loved by the fans for the pure brute that he is. Who’s his agent ‘cos the grass is not always greener. He needs to make his mind up and let us know exactly what he’s after or get the hell out of dodge…

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't today the day the ITK said the minibus full of signings will be here and the planes landing from France etc . Just checking

Back
Top Bottom