Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder if we may have incomings while in Spain. Assuming club staff are on hand to perform tests and medicals.

Perhaps a way to keep potential signings under the radar and avoid bidding wars/losing players to more established teams.

Just thinking aloud.
Very good possibilty and makes perfect sense. You would assume there would be the relevent equipment to do their testing on nearby

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see Leeds signing him.

All the talk from them is that they're going big on a forward (want de Ketalaere from Brugge) and that will be that.

Sinisterra and Aaronson are the winger types they've brought in and they also have Harrison and James, so would say no chance they get Traore.

I reckon a big club will take a chance on him as a sub later in the window for £10m or something, maybe Chelsea.
You've started something now, footyinsider has taken the 10m as gospel

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may as well just sign a contract with us if no one good wants him. Would he receive a contract as good as what we originally offered him? His stock has certainly gone down, despite well being worth the risk for someone.
He isnt getting the contract he was offered previously.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what Everton are now buying our players??

Personally think it’s lazy journalism, they’ve just connected Thelwell and Wolves.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he had a really disappointing time at Barcelona after a strong start?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't suprise me if Barcelona have told him.....run your contract down and we will sign you for free next summer....

If Dembele is signing a new deal and they're getting Raphinha they won't be needing Traore now or next season.

Basically they used his love for the club to get themselves a cheap no risk loan deal at a time when Dembele had been cast aside

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Dembele is signing a new deal and they're getting Raphinha they won't be needing Traore now or next season.

Basically they used his love for the club to get themselves a cheap no risk loan deal at a time when Dembele had been cast aside
And then dembele got the drive and started playing for them last season. He got 11 assists and 1 goal from 20th February 2022

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
surely it would be worth the cost just to make more money from him.
We don’t seem to be getting a load of interest with only 12 months left on his contract, so I’m not sure how much value it would add giving him a bigger, new one.

Ultimately it’s down to whether he wants to commit to Wolves, I’d guess he may decide it’s time for something new now after the way things have gone over the past 12 months or so.

tj200

Reaction score
People talking about the ITK’s and being promised something today. While they admit they weren’t aware of the signing of Collins it may have made up pull out of a deal they were aware of.

I think it’s clear the club are telegraphing a signing of a striker with only Jimenez going to Spain. Personally I’d have liked Cutrone to be taken. I’m sure now his option in Italy are looking bleak and playing for a prem team now must look really appealing for him?!?!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need Traore even more so now Chiquinho is missing the season.

Realistically we aren't going to get offers of much more than £10m. And, realistically, we aren't going to be able to buy a player with Traore's quality for £10m.

Is Everton really the move he wants too?

It makes sense for all parties if he stays this season and he has to perform well to get an upgrade on his, so we win in that sense that he won't down tools.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need Traore even more so now Chiquinho is missing the season.

Realistically we aren't going to get offers of much more than £10m. And, realistically, we aren't going to be able to buy a player with Traore's quality for £10m.

Is Everton really the move he wants too?

It makes sense for all parties if he stays this season and he has to perform well to get an upgrade on his, so we win in that sense that he won't down tools.
This is exactly my take on it too. I’d rather have him here (especially with the 5 sub rule) proving a point and playing for the best move he can get when his contract runs out. To me that’s worth the £10m if it helps us up the table a few places.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm wondering what makes sense in terms of buying a new cf with so many on the books.

I'm guessing a loan move for someone is the best option with an option at the end.

Leaving CM as a potential buy

VAR OUT

Groupie
Reaction score
Isn't today the day the ITK said the minibus full of signings will be here and the planes landing from France etc . Just checking
Cringey. Can’t stand comments like this. Embarrassed for you.

Would love a decent CM or SC to get signed up though . Surely a SC is coming with Cutrone and bonatini left at home .

What is an SC btw? Stupid **** ?

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't know why we can't somehow dangle the carrot for Adama. Sit down with him and his agent and explain he hasn't done enough to warrant the bumper new contract he wants so offer him a sensible increase but incentivise it.

Offer him a 12-month extension to his current contract but with a slight increase in salary and a release clause of, say £15M with performance clauses so if he gets, say 5 goal involvments by January 1st he gets a 10% pay bump but his release clause goes up. If he gets 10 goal involvements he gets a 20% pay bump but a bigger release clause and so on.

If he hits certain targets by the end of the season then he gets his new bumper contract including a release clause commensurate with a player of his ability with that level output.

He gets an incentive to improve his output but if he doesn't we're not on the hook for a ridiculous salary and we protect ourselves from the vultures if he does start performing.

T

TheConcourse

I don't know why we can't somehow dangle the carrot for Adama. Sit down with him and his agent and explain he hasn't done enough to warrant the bumper new contract he wants so offer him a sensible increase but incentivise it.

Offer him a 12-month extension to his current contract but with a slight increase in salary and a release clause of, say £15M with performance clauses so if he gets, say 5 goal involvments by January 1st he gets a 10% pay bump but his release clause goes up. If he gets 10 goal involvements he gets a 20% pay bump but a bigger release clause and so on.

If he hits certain targets by the end of the season then he gets his new bumper contract including a release clause commensurate with a player of his ability with that level output.

He gets an incentive to improve his output but if he doesn't we're not on the hook for a ridiculous salary and we protect ourselves from the vultures if he does start performing.
Cc jeff@wolves.co.uk
Bcc scott@wolves.co.uk; adama@gmail.com

Don’t you think they explored these kind of things? The biggest issue is 5 goal involvements by January. Unless you mean January 2086.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've never understood the stance of traore with the his contract situation anyway.....he has basically missed out on 2/3 years extra salary with us.....alright it might not have made his the highest earner he wanted but he has basically turned down an extra 20/30k a month.......we would have always sold him anyway if the right move had come along .....he is no further forward with not signing and he has missed out on 5/6m.........seems to me he was badly advised by his agent. He obviously feels the same as he switched to mendes to try for a move.........it hasn't been ideal for wolves but it has been a disaster for traore himself ...

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well to be fair he was mentioned weeks back on here,and someone said Sellars had told him in the pub we were after him a week or so back
If we get more im sure they will be out of the blue as normal,but lets keep the rumours flowing ITK or not its better than nothing :)
I agree and love the rumours. But I don’t think anyone is ITK is my point

Couple of years back Rui’s mate gave us some
Good info and that was really ITK

Not knocking it but no one has said anything concrete that has happened.

I am not ItK but I can say we will sign a player in the next 7-14 days. And also Silva will go out on loan once we get a striker sorted.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am not ItK but I can say we will sign a player in the next 7-14 days. And also Silva will go out on loan once we get a striker sorted.
That was such an awesome ITK saga that.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I used to think that....and then I saw something about Moutinho's renewal I DEFINITELY shouldn't have seen.

In general, I know **** all, but I (somehow) managed to glean what was clear insider info about one specific piece if information.

I'd imagine the vast majority of people are like that - they get the odd snippet as opposed to being 'in the know' in a blanket sense.

I know that Fosun clamped down MASSIVELY on leaks after the Lambert season. Chap I know who used to work in sales said they were very very vigilant over whatsapp groups, for instance

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm wondering what makes sense in terms of buying a new cf with so many on the books.

I'm guessing a loan move for someone is the best option with an option at the end.

Leaving CM as a potential buy

Looks the opposite to me. Cutrone and Bonatini will go and Fabio is going on loan. Will leave us with virtually no centre forwards.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any news from St Luke, Cornwall and Lobo De Ouro today? Appreciate their snippets of info.

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Nah, they each could have claimed that Collins was the big signing we were looking at, but didn’t. They all noted that Collins was a surprise. If they didn’t actually have information why would they do that?

I just mean, that if they've had no further information passed on, and there's nothing coming out in the media, I wouldn't blame them for avoiding The Mix for a bit and the likely vitriol they would receive for missing the timeframe they expected.

Things will come good I'm sure :)

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't discount ITK's too readily. It happens. I know for a fact a certain journalist everyone seems to trust here is very friendly with an agency that looks after a few of our players. That tap has been pretty much turned off since one of his clients, who may have been a little disgruntled with a former manager and therefore more likely to spill bits of information that could derail potential signings, left.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My hunch or complete guess work, if we are in for osorio, we let him play these matches for chile u20 for more WP points and then sign him to ensure he gets his work permit

Just saw a random account on twitter say they want $6m and a Portuguese club is very interested

Back
Top Bottom