Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Tough result at Spurs but if you're a striker watching that and wondering whether to join us or not, you've got to be licking your lips right?

We're creating so many chances, you'd have to be thinking to yourself - I'm having some of that surely!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough result at Spurs but if you're a striker watching that and wondering whether to join us or not, you've got to be licking your lips right?

We're creating so many chances, you'd have to be thinking to yourself - I'm having some of that surely!
Are we really creating that many chances though? We played some nice football today, but we didn't really create any clear cut chances.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we really creating that many chances though? We played some nice football today, but we didn't really create any clear cut chances.
That's how I was going to respond as well. Nothing really clear-cut. Probably Nunes' header the clearest chance and Podence's scuff from the blocked shot. Not much else.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if we’d had Belotti in that team today, battering the Spurs centre halves.

Having Podence as a false 9 does us no favours. The centre backs don’t need to bother with him and as a result there’s less space for everyone else.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if we’d had Belotti in that team today, battering the Spurs centre halves.

Having Podence as a false 9 does us no favours. The centre backs don’t need to bother with him and as a result there’s less space for everyone else.
Belotti, Andre Silva or Evanilson for me… the difference they’d make is massive. Serious competition for Raul, proper insurance for if Raul can’t reproduce his pre-injury form, and the option to occasionally play with two strikers that have an eye for goal.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah I’ll never understand this decision and it’s not even the first time. Surely you’d stick Guedes there

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Belotti, Andre Silva or Evanilson for me… the difference they’d make is massive. Serious competition for Raul, proper insurance for if Raul can’t reproduce his pre-injury form, and the option to occasionally play with two strikers that have an eye for goal.

Not sure about Silva or Evanilson. Not seen enough of them to know whether they’d be the answer to our problems.

But Belotti is such a physical player. Him or someone like Toney would make a huge difference.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we sign an experienced replacement, would defo sell Boly now.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Boly would be brilliant - any fee tbh given the massive wages he's on.

I love the big William and he's been brilliant for us. But he's no longer the same player and he's on big wages. He's looked poor for a long while now. I would get behind this sale 100%

Best CB I've seen play for us in his pomp. I still remember watching him away at Derby and just shouting "CLEAR IT" before he beat 2 men and started a counter attack. Time moves on sadly :(

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Boly would mean we'd need a CB just for that extra cover.

So a ST, full back and now a cb ?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£1m is a joke surely. He's our third best centre back and there's about a week left in the transfer window.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right, we aren't. But a decent striker would make the runs to capitalise on the number of opportunities our midfielders would get to find a clever front runner where they currently have little option but to circulate the ball out wide

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right, we aren't. But a decent striker would make the runs to capitalise on the number of opportunities our midfielders would get to find a clever front runner where they currently have little option but to circulate the ball out wide
In my opinion there's very little movement in advance of the ball from our attacking players.
It's therefore very slow, pedestrian and predictable, with lots of safe and tidy, side to side possession, which makes it easy to defend against.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No, but I do feel with a proven striker leading the line they would make the runs needed to encourage clever through balls rather than the side to side and back we still seem to be favouring a bit too much. I found Nunes and Guedes focus/instinct on getting into the box and moving forward encouraging as a starting point though!

Back
Top Bottom