Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it looks like the Striker rumours are all centring on this group

Ramos (age 21, 6'1")
Evanilson (age 22, 6'0")
A Silva (age 26, 6'1")
Batshuayi (age 28, 6'1")
Moffi (age 23, 6'2")
Ajorque (age 28, 6'6")

I have to admit I don't know much about any of them. So I have watched their YouTube clips to see which one I would prefer.

I guess I would be happy with any of them, but looking at the goals the score my preference would be Silva. A lot of his goals come from his position right in the centre of the box on or around the penalty spot. He is that central focal point of the attack. He is great in the air and looks an intelligent player.

I am not sure I am keen on Evanilson, he looks like more of a midfielder playing as a striker to me. He may create more of his own goals but I don't like the look of him for some reason. Moffi looks an interesting player, all pace and power but I am not sure about his control.

I would be interested is others views on these but my top three in order would be;

A Silva
Ramos
Batshuayi

Maybe with the extra MGW money they could push the boat out for Silva, I guess he would be thr most expensive next to Evanilson?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a head coach, not a manager. If the club have a plan for recruitment / style it’s probably better than the whims of a man who’s lifespan @ Wolves is probably 2-3 years if he’s lucky
I’m not sure what point you’re making? I’m just saying that him saying he asked if we’d made an offer suggests that he’s a player that has been talked about as a potential target.

Last edited:

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that Bruno has hinted it's will be next week , it has to be Ramos......after benfica champions league game on Tuesday night ......if it was anybody else it would have been done by nw......it's Ramos.....24/25th August as was suggested a month ago.....
Really hope so, does seem to fit in with the dates where he will be available

Baldykev

Reaction score

Ramos (age 21, 6'1")
Evanilson (age 22, 6'0")
A Silva (age 26, 6'1")
Batshuayi (age 28, 6'1")
Moffi (age 23, 6'2")
Ajorque (age 28, 6'6")

I have to admit I don't know much about any of them. So I have watched their YouTube clips to see which one I would prefer.

I guess I would be happy with any of them, but looking at the goals the score my preference would be Silva. A lot of his goals come from his position right in the centre of the box on or around the penalty spot. He is that central focal point of the attack. He is great in the air and looks an intelligent player.

I am not sure I am keen on Evanilson, he looks like more of a midfielder playing as a striker to me. He may create more of his own goals but I don't like the look of him for some reason. Moffi looks an interesting player, all pace and power but I am not sure about his control.

I would be interested is others views on these but my top three in order would be;

A Silva
Ramos
Batshuayi

Maybe with the extra MGW money they could push the boat out for Silva, I guess he would be thr most expensive next to Evanilson?
Any idea what amount of money Silva is worth

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A Silva
Ramos
Batshuayi

Out of the players in the rumour list, that's exactly my preference list, too. I just think it's always a risk of new players not settling, and of strikers just not scoring. And the risk with Silva is the lowest. He's scored bucketfuls of goals in the top leagues (slightly less in Italy, maybe, but still a good record). I'm 98% confident he would get 10+ goals in this league.

I'd be more than happy with any of those three though - any of them would make this probably our best transfer window since promotion. Though after getting Guedes and Nunes, I'm now starting to feel greedy and entitled, so if we can't get A Silva, we should get *both* Ramos and Batshuayi! One to be ready right now, the other for the longer term.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure what point you’re making? I’m just saying that him saying he asked if we’d made an offer suggests that he’s a player that has been talked about as a potential target.
Sorry wasnt having a dig. What stood out to me was that he has to ask… ie. He’s not involved

Last edited:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of the players in the rumour list, that's exactly my preference list, too. I just think it's always a risk of new players not settling, and of strikers just not scoring. And the risk with Silva is the lowest. He's scored bucketfuls of goals in the top leagues (slightly less in Italy, maybe, but still a good record). I'm 98% confident he would get 10+ goals in this league.

I'd be more than happy with any of those three though - any of them would make this probably our best transfer window since promotion. Though after getting Guedes and Nunes, I'm now starting to feel greedy and entitled, so if we can't get A Silva, we should get *both* Ramos and Batshuayi! One to be ready right now, the other for the longer term.
I think it’ll be Ramos as he’s got greater potential increase in value due to his age. Silva whilst he’s done it needs to have a very very good season to get a decent ROI. Batshuyi probably has little ROI even if signed on a free due to wages and age.

Keen gave a very good explanation of our transfer strategy in the latest Podcast. We apparently consider each transfer individually looking at value and ROI as well as the team dynamic. Nunes was bought because we felt the price was right to give us a decent return in 2/3 years time.

Ramos is likely to be worth more in 2 or 3 years than Silva. I also think Ramos is a role we need, we don’t have players who attack the box and naturally sniff out chances. Even Raul spends most of his time outside of the box whereas Ramos according to a scouting report on here thrives in the box. Can also see Raul to Benfica next season as part of the deal when Fabio comes back.

It would be ironic if he did come as his first 2 games are Newcastle and Southampton who are both trying to sign him (according to rumours).

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Ramos (age 21, 6'1")
Evanilson (age 22, 6'0")
A Silva (age 26, 6'1")
Batshuayi (age 28, 6'1")
Moffi (age 23, 6'2")
Ajorque (age 28, 6'6")

A Silva
Ramos
Batshuayi

Think Ramos has the highest long-term ceiling out of all of them but would actually quite like Ajorque. Proven goalscorer and a genuinely different option to all the others. Think the other attackers would benefit from the chaos and physical presence he would offer.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry wasnt having a dig. What stood out to me was that he has to ask… ie. He’s not involved

I wouldn’t expect him to be involved in the whole offer/negotiation process, where I imagine he is involved is picking out who he wants us to target from the shortlist the scouting team give him, and then maybe if called upon, to talk to the player if they want to ask him about the project etc. I wouldn’t expect him to be involved in what and who we have put offers to and when.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t expect him to be involved in the whole offer/negotiation process, where I imagine he is involved is picking out who he wants us to target from the shortlist the scouting team give him, and then maybe if called upon, to talk to the player if they want to ask him about the project etc. I wouldn’t expect him to be involved in what and who we have put offers to and when.
I’m not saying he’d negotiate, or do the offer himself. I find it interesting that he wouldnt even know if an offer for a particular player was even being made.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not saying he’d negotiate, or do the offer himself. I find it interesting that he wouldnt even know if an offer for a particular player was even being made.

I’m not saying that either, I just don’t find it odd he wouldn’t know whether an offer had been made if he’s given a shortlist of players that he’s asked wolves to target. He knows who he wants, it’s up to others to get them in, which he has said himself multiple times, the chairman knows who I want, we need to be patient and let them work etc etc and him to step in further down the line if knowing what his plans are for the player is important to them, that’s all. There’s no reason to tell him anyway unless it looks like it’s very likely going to happen, an offer is an offer, not an accepted bid. I imagine we’ve made offers to a ton of players, there’s certainly a fair few articles out there saying we have enquired or put initial offers in on a few players

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need to apologise, just crossed wires I think! Yeah I guess Bruno's involvement (along with Sellars I'd imagine) would end at asking for specific players/player profiles and Jeff & Jorge co take it from there.

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
It's like a game of poker, would you show your hand to other players (clubs/managers)? Also, I suspect that players are to an extent in the know look how Nunes mentioned speaking to Wolves players, when on international duty.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not saying that either, I just don’t find it odd he wouldn’t know whether an offer had been made if he’s given a shortlist of players that he’s asked wolves to target. He knows who he wants, it’s up to others to get them in, which he has said himself multiple times, the chairman knows who I want, we need to be patient and let them work etc etc and him to step in further down the line if knowing what his plans are for the player is important to them, that’s all. There’s no reason to tell him anyway unless it looks like it’s very likely going to happen, an offer is an offer, not an accepted bid. I imagine we’ve made offers to a ton of players, there’s certainly a fair few articles out there saying we have enquired or put initial offers in on a few players
Ok… well I did find it odd. If I’m recruiting a person / multiple people I’d expect eg. the recruitment team to keep me high level aware of the stage of negotiations even if I’m not directly involved. Eg. we’ve made an offer, we’re awaiting a signed contract etc.
And in this instance they aren’t recruiting an admin person or an IT technician… they’re spending circa £30m on a key part of a premier league football team that he is going to have to manage.
The least I’d expect is an ‘offer In’ thumbs up emoji text message from Jeff.

I suspect he’s been texting Ramos more often than a drunk teenage lad asking for nudes and wants deniability. ‘Ramos? I don’t think I know who that is’ - frantically deletes messages.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok… well I did find it odd. If I’m recruiting a person / multiple people I’d expect eg. the recruitment team to keep me high level aware of the stage of negotiations even if I’m not directly involved. Eg. we’ve made an offer, we’re awaiting a signed contract etc.
And in this instance they aren’t recruiting an admin person or an IT technician… they’re spending circa £30m on a key part of a premier league football team that he is going to have to manage.
The least I’d expect is an ‘offer In’ thumbs up emoji text message from Jeff.

I suspect he’s been texting Ramos more often than a drunk teenage lad asking for nudes and wants deniability. ‘Ramos? I don’t think I know who that is’ - frantically deletes messages.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else wish that some of this could have happened in January? Since that window closed we've been one of the worst teams in the division and I'm not expecting a click of the fingers and it to turn around.
Don’t really see the point in wishing for that.. we’re still in the same league and that’s in the past now. More interested in how we progress from here

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t really see the point in wishing for that.. we’re still in the same league and that’s in the past now. More interested in how we progress from here
But we're starting from 1 goal from two winnable games. We have won just 5 of the last 20. This season starts as an uphill ride. Last season we started against 3 tough teams and didn't win one. This year we will have played 2 of the teams coming up as well as 14th and 17th before the end of August. At the moment I still don't see where the goals are coming from. I expect a striker to come in, but when?

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we're starting from 1 goal from two winnable games. We have won just 5 of the last 20. This season starts as an uphill ride. Last season we started against 3 tough teams and didn't win one. This year we will have played 2 of the teams coming up as well as 14th and 17th before the end of August. At the moment I still don't see where the goals are coming from. I expect a striker to come in, but when?
It’s a long old season.. nothing to stress about yet.

Besides the top 2.. every other team is gonna drop lots of points this season.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul will score goals in this team. We haven’t scored many so far but we get so many more players into the box now.

Last year it was just him on his own, with the odd run from Dendoncker.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think we did. The rumours were during the summer our budget went from £0 to £100m overnight for ‘some’ reason. Original plan - sell Neves
Money was always available……Jeff and Bruno both said it seperately.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a cf, cm (if we play a 3)fb(Jonny struggling) and another wide forward player. I’ll be hammered for this but I’d sell Neto. If he’s going to be played wide he doesn’t have it. Yes he has pace and a trick but he can’t cross a ball or finish. That’s harsh as he had a tough game in the role he had to play but we need people who can cross a ball or pick a pass in the final third.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a quality striker desperately, however Raul needs to start the next couple of games and see how he gets on playing with Guedes and Neto either side of him.

Back
Top Bottom