Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You honestly think they will pay £25m for a player then stop playing him so he doesn’t cost them another £5m? Really?

Percy said expected up to mid thirties, I’m
happy to go with that. I think you’re being needlessly negative about a fantastic deal.
No I am not being negative I just have a different take on this one than you have.
As far as my comment on the stages of payment it does not matter what I think it is what has happened with some other clubs. So you must direct your mistrust at them.
Also if Percy is saying expected to go to mid thirties he must feel that the final conditions wont be met.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I am not being negative I just have a different take on this one than you have.
As far as my comment on the stages of payment it does not matter what I think it is what has happened with some other clubs. So you must direct your mistrust at them.
Also if Percy is saying expected to go to mid thirties he must feel that the final conditions wont be met.
I’m not really sure what point you’re making? What mistrust should I be directing?
Regarding Percy, he unambiguously broke down the deal - 25 up front, mid thirties all but certain, the remainder highly unlikely.

It’s a fantastic deal for a player who is yet to show he’s Premier League level and effectively pays for Nunes.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or he flops, which is unlikely, to a level where his value may decrease but not by much.
Having seen our first two performances against sides that are probably going to be towards the bottom half of the league, I don't think this was unlikely at all. And to see how quickly players values can decline, see Todd Cantwell at Norwich.

MGW has had one good championship season.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's getting to the point with cutrone where him and the club need to agree to part ways....we need an agreement say 30/40% of his salary and cancel his contract.....he might get a club on a free....it will he better for both parties I think....we ain't getting a fee for him as his wages with us are too high.....

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think it's getting to the point with cutrone where him and the club need to agree to part ways....we need an agreement say 30/40% of his salary and cancel his contract.....he might get a club on a free....it will he better for both parties I think....we ain't getting a fee for him as his wages with us are too high.....
Why would he randomly drop 30% of his wages. He'll just go on a free next year to a lower midtable Italian side. If we can get him out on loan and save 20k per week then we should do it

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would he randomly drop 30% of his wages. He'll just go on a free next year to a lower midtable Italian side. If we can get him out on loan and save 20k per week then we should do it
He is being touted to serie b sides.... don't think they can pay even a third of his wages..... grasshoppers were mentioned....he isn't getting a loan at the minute....that's the problem....dont think he is lower mid table Italian level unfortunately..... No one wants to pay him 20k a week which is a third...

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He is being touted to serie b sides.... don't think they can pay even a third of his wages..... grasshoppers were mentioned....he isn't getting a loan at the minute....that's the problem....dont think he is lower mid table Italian level unfortunately.....
Nah he isn't I agree, all the more reason for him to keep his money!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Massively negative. She was hoping for a huge cash injection and world class players.

Unlikely with Eddie Howe though.

He kept them up. Will be gone by bonfire night (not my words)
He signed players to keep them up. Getting rid of them, when they paid top dollar in both fees and wages, will not be easy. Having them around causes major FFP problems.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Yeah agreed, at least Fabio looks good on loan. £15M and £60K a week. Tbf all teams have them. Rough with the smooth
Not as bad as you make out. We've been getting loan fees to offset the transfer fee and a proportion, if not all, his wages paid while he's been on loan.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone, Bonatini and Coady off the wage bill next year (particularly the former) will be a nice cushion.
Yep, their combined wages plus Coady’s fee (assuming we get it) probably more than covers the amortisation costs of all 3 of our signings so far in next season’s accounts.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played once with him in a charity match some years ago.

He waltzed through the entire penalty area and scored. I was moaning about no one tackling him until I realised who it was. Ball may as well have been nailed to his foot.

Bully's anticipation was also god-like compared to even some decent youth and upper non league players I've played with. I'm a rubbish footballer but even I could tell that the difference was just something else.
I wouldn’t stick you up front but you’re not that bad. :kissingheart:

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Not as bad as you make out. We've been getting loan fees to offset the transfer fee and a proportion, if not all, his wages paid while he's been on loan.
We've not got a loan free from what I was told by someone close to financial team, got good chunk of his wages last year though

Coops

Reaction score
FFP is biting the Geordies hard. They are having to go down the loan with option/obligation route. Not helpful if the seller wants ready cash.
Why though? I thought Mike had run them like a tight ship apart from Almeron and Joelinton??

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So say we get Grimaldo and Andre Silva in on permanent deals and then Ramos on a loan with an obligation to buy would you be happy with that transfer window ?

Can't see it being Ramos and Silva. One or the other.

Happy? It'll be the best in decades

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
We've not got a loan free from what I was told by someone close to financial team, got good chunk of his wages last year though
Think we got a loan fee from Florentina. Don't know about Valencia. Empoli I could quite believe just helped out paying his wages as his stock would've been quite low after the Florentina and Valencia loans were flops. Overall a write off, but every club makes them. Compared to other clubs been few and far between under Fosun's watch.

Sneazy

Groupie
Reaction score
Just put this on the Ramos thread but should perhaps been added here.

There was a link quoted recently on here where an apparent ITK stated we had enquired about this guy. He appears to have the right attributes; pace, power, ability to lay the ball off in tight spaces and can finish. He reminds me of Lukaku. Goal scoring record is good too with 22 in 56 for Lorient and 4 in 4 for Nigeria. Looks excellent albeit on the obligatory YouTube video.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we got a loan fee from Florentina. Don't know about Valencia. Empoli I could quite believe just helped out paying his wages as his stock would've been quite low after the Florentina and Valencia loans were flops. Overall a write off, but every club makes them. Compared to other clubs been few and far between under Fosun's watch.
That’s very true. I don’t think we’ve had that many genuine flops, Hoever/Cutrone stand out. Compared to a team like Leicester who’ve been heavily praised in the past for their transfers, but they’ve had a fair few shockers as well (Slimani, Musa, Adrien Silva, Ghezzal) over a longer timeframe but of course every club has them. Brighton have had some clangers as well, in spite of their generally excellent recruitment.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever is still worth money and wasn't too expensive, but he's definitely on the edge of being forced out. His talent and liverpool background means someone would spend a few million I suspect.

Cutrone is a right off. It's more than just home sickness as he's not worked out anywhere. Just a complete failure. I don't even think he ever looked that bad but clearly something isn't right. At least much of his wages will have been covered over the years.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not really sure what point you’re making? What mistrust should I be directing?
Regarding Percy, he unambiguously broke down the deal - 25 up front, mid thirties all but certain, the remainder highly unlikely.

It’s a fantastic deal for a player who is yet to show he’s Premier League level and effectively pays for Nunes.
You ask what point I am trying to make.
I simply was replying to your statement 'You honestly think they will pay £25m for a player then stop playing him so he doesn’t cost them another £5m? Really?' so I will answer you.
It seems you are questioning if I believe this could happen but it does not matter whether I believe it. It happens. Now you may not have realised it happens but it does.
We may disagree on an opinion and I dont regard that as a problem. Life would be dull if we all agreed on everything. Maybe you disagree with that.:D But if it has happened before then that is a fact not an opinion.
Personally I dont think its a good deal but I dont think any less of anyone who has an opposite view. I dont like to see our squad weakened and hope now that we will make some signings so we can have a bench with players who can be premier quality.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoever is still worth money and wasn't too expensive, but he's definitely on the edge of being forced out. His talent and liverpool background means someone would spend a few million I suspect.

Cutrone is a right off. It's more than just home sickness as he's not worked out anywhere. Just a complete failure. I don't even think he ever looked that bad but clearly something isn't right. At least much of his wages will have been covered over the years.
From what I can gather many think that Hoever has more ability than has come out but it is his attitude that has caused the problem and held him back. With Cutrone he has shown effort but it looks as if the talent is not there or no one has found it.
That basically means that for us we have to write off any monies for Cutrone but there is a chance that if Hoever buckles down he could either return to us or be worth at least some dosh.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just put this on the Ramos thread but should perhaps been added here.

There was a link quoted recently on here where an apparent ITK stated we had enquired about this guy. He appears to have the right attributes; pace, power, ability to lay the ball off in tight spaces and can finish. He reminds me of Lukaku. Goal scoring record is good too with 22 in 56 for Lorient and 4 in 4 for Nigeria. Looks excellent albeit on the obligatory YouTube video.

Looks like Ade Akinbiyi the year he was with us. Guy was lethal, everything he touched went in and he just ran through players and they bounced off him. Then he joined Leicester and it all went horribly wrong

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes sense , I remember a random rumour about Bruno when everything was all happy with Nuno.

I think eventually we will end up with Julen

We really shouldn't approach him again, clearly he has reservations and see's us as a step down...only want people here who want to be..

Back
Top Bottom